Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Maureen's Marathons

Go down 
+13
Lori
flatbroke
EllieJane
Amy
Vanesa
pamh36
Lily
bethandmanly
Rob
Savannah
Rhonda
ChristinaAL
carolineingalls
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 Pbucket

Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 1:29 pm

flatbroke wrote:
Great job Maureen!

The last time I ran was out to the shed and I was winded before I left the porch.

ROTFL

Even though it's painful right now, Larry, you made me laugh out loud! I'm in agony from the waist down but it'll pass...................eventually. bawling

Thanks everyone for your kind comments.

Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 1:37 pm

Applause :woohooo: happy1 :Gjob:

Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 2:12 pm

That's awesome, Maureen! Congrats on your big accomplishment! grinsmiley

Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 7:41 pm

Maureen!! I'm completely impressed! Applause Cheer
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 8:54 am

What an accomplishment, Maureen. Congratulations!! :woohooo:

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 10:34 am

Thanks everyone. It's always pretty tough at sometime throughout the race but the spectators along the route are a fantastic help. People clapping and cheering you on give you such boost and lift the spirit when it's flagging!

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptyThu May 08, 2008 9:35 am

Congrats Maureen!!!!! :woohooo:
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

PostSubject: Marathon for Breast Cancer   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 5:52 pm

Just wanted to let you all know I completed my 4th marathon today, my slowest one to date, but it was for a good cause. This year I decided to run the Belfast Marathon for Walmart/Asda's breast cancer charity Tickled Pink as it's a disease that affects so many and hardly any of us don't know someone who's been touched by it.

I pulled my calf muscle 2 weeks ago and my participation in the run was seriously in doubt. I was really upset as people had been so generous in sponsoring me but I was referred to a great physio who worked wonders and I set out this morning quietly confident!

I had a few twinges on route and at one stage thought I was going to have to pull out but my next-door-neighbour and Rhonda, who've both had breast cancer, kept me going. I thought about what they've come through which put my aches and pains into perspective and although I ended up walking the last 8 miles, I got there in the end.
It took me 6 hours but it was worth it so Rhonda, thank you and this one's for you. :thankyou:

Back to top Go down
Samantha
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Samantha

Number of posts : 199
Mood : Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 6:15 pm

Congratulations Maureen! That is such a great cause!

I ran the SF marathon last year (took me 6 hrs too)...and don't know if I would do another one. I'm impressed that you've done four! :-)

Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 SamanthaKeeper

"Music is a Kind and Truthful Speech"
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 7:34 pm

Well done, Maureen! We're proud of you! Applause
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 8:26 pm

Applause Maureen, what an accomplishment! I love your determination! And I'm so thrilled for you! Thanks for letting us know so we can properly cheer! Cheer Cheer
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 9:33 pm

That is wonderful, Maureen. Congratulations!!

Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 10:09 pm

Maureen, good for you!! Applause You can be so proud of yourself---as we are of you! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 6:38 am

Thanks everyone. You're all so kind. I'm a bit (well a LOT!!!) achy today but it's worth it to have raised so much money - £300 (about $500) so far and still collecting - for Breast Cancer.

Samantha, does the San Francisco Marathon have a lot of hills? OhMy

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 7:36 pm

Applause Congratulations.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 10:39 pm

Congratulations Maureen. Very well done!

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Samantha
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Samantha

Number of posts : 199
Mood : Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 3:23 pm

carolineingalls wrote:
Thanks everyone. You're all so kind. I'm a bit (well a LOT!!!) achy today but it's worth it to have raised so much money - £300 (about $500) so far and still collecting - for Breast Cancer.

Samantha, does the San Francisco Marathon have a lot of hills? OhMy

The San Francisco Marathon has two very steep hills...but if you incorporate hills into your training, then you should be fine ;-)

I didn't have the commitment to train for the full marathon this year, so I signed up for the half marathon.

Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 SamanthaKeeper

"Music is a Kind and Truthful Speech"
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 4:19 pm

carolineingalls wrote:
Just wanted to let you all know I completed my 4th marathon today, my slowest one to date, but it was for a good cause. This year I decided to run the Belfast Marathon for Walmart/Asda's breast cancer charity Tickled Pink as it's a disease that affects so many and hardly any of us don't know someone who's been touched by it.

I pulled my calf muscle 2 weeks ago and my participation in the run was seriously in doubt. I was really upset as people had been so generous in sponsoring me but I was referred to a great physio who worked wonders and I set out this morning quietly confident!

I had a few twinges on route and at one stage thought I was going to have to pull out but my next-door-neighbour and Rhonda, who've both had breast cancer, kept me going. I thought about what they've come through which put my aches and pains into perspective and although I ended up walking the last 8 miles, I got there in the end.
It took me 6 hours but it was worth it so Rhonda, thank you and this one's for you. :thankyou:

I am just now seeing this, and I apologize for that.....I am glad the run turned out well!!! Altho, I did not have breast cancer, it is sweet of you to think of me. My cancer was in my lower right abdomen and to this day, they still don't have a name for it, but no problem, I don't intend on getting it again. Again, CONGRATS on the run!!! Thumbsup

Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 Rhonda10Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

PostSubject: MARATHON TIME AGAIN!   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2010 2:54 pm

It's that time of year again for me! scared

Tomorrow I take part in the Belfast Marathon and I've never gone into a race yet with so little training!
When my mother-in-law was ill and was staying with us I didn't get too much running done. When I finally got back to it I sustained a hip injury so my preparation hasn't been ideal! Went to the physio a couple of weeks ago and he asked if I'd ever thought of taking up darts instead! Laughing I THINK he was joking!

I'm raising money this year for Marie Curie cancer nurses. Not sure if you have them in US but they're a very special group who nurse terminally ill patients and money couldn't pay for the work and care they give. Several friends lost their moms to cancer last year and Marie Curie were there for them to the very end. Although I'm not looking forward to the race because of lack of preparation, what's a little discomfort in comparison to the pain and suffering cancer patients have to endure.

Also, I watched the London Marathon last week. A former soldier who lost both legs in Afghanistan took part in it. He'd been fitted with prosthetic legs and if he can do it, I shouldn't be complaining. There but for the grace of God go any of us.

I'm not expecting to break any records tomorrow but I'll give it my best so wish me luck, say a prayer for me and all the other runners raising money for good causes and I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2010 5:14 pm

Cheer

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2010 5:22 pm

You'll do great, Maureen!! When you're running, remember that you have a whole prairie full of friends cheering you on! Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 46567
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2010 5:30 pm

We'll be in your corner, Maureen! Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:57 pm

Good luck Maureen! I'd come run too, but I'd be that fat American bringing up the rear like Homer Simpson. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 1:13 pm

YOU GO GIRL!!!! Run with all your might!!! It's for a wonderful cause!!! stars

Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 Rhonda10Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 2:04 pm

That's great, Maureen!! I hope you are having great weather and are feeling well for the event. Way to go! Applause

Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maureen's Marathons   Maureen's Marathons - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Maureen's Marathons
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Doc Baker’s Health, Diet & Fitness Consultation-
Jump to: