HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Dolls, Dolls, Dolls and MORE Dolls........

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 19957
Mood :

PostSubject: Dolls, Dolls, Dolls and MORE Dolls........   Thu May 14, 2009 4:25 pm

Many of you know that my most favorite and dearest Aunt passed away back in August, in fact, 9 months ago. Below are some pictures of some of the dolls which I will be sorting through and deciding what to keep and what to sell. She had a set of LHOTP dolls; which are safe and sound in my bedroom, so those will NOT be sold. I have over 20 pictures or so, but I will not post them all.

Flapper Doll from the Roaring '20's

Dolls depicting the India culture

Wall of misc. dolls

More wall of misc. dolls

More misc. dolls on wall

Bride dolls, story is, this is a generation bride dress. First doll is great-great grandma in the early 1900's, dress was put away and her daughter took it in the 1930's and redesigned it for herself. She put it away and her daughter redesigned it and used it in the 1960's and the great-great grand daughter redesigned it back to almost the way it was in the early 1900's for her 1990 wedding. I will probably keep these because of the wonderful story behind it.

Princess Diana

Gone With the Wind collection

Campbell's Kids collection

Misc. dolls

Oriental Dolls.....my Aunt loved the Oriental culture.

CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Number of posts : 9006
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Dolls, Dolls, Dolls and MORE Dolls........   Thu May 14, 2009 6:07 pm

Well If i were you i would keep all of them but you probally don't have room to keep all of them I bet some of them are worth a Pretty Penny

Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6

Number of posts : 2529
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Dolls, Dolls, Dolls and MORE Dolls........   Thu May 14, 2009 6:10 pm

Amazing. What beautiful dolls. Good luck packing them all up.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Dolls, Dolls, Dolls and MORE Dolls........   Thu May 14, 2009 7:35 pm

I can't imagine what it would be like to actually see all of those dolls. Just from looking at the pictures, I can see there are so many!! I love the story behind the bride dolls too. Awww, the Campbell's Soup Kids! They are adorable. I wouldn't know what to do if I were in your shoes, I'd want to keep them all. Laughing Have fun going through them. It's nice to know you will have something that was so special to your aunt.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Dolls, Dolls, Dolls and MORE Dolls........   Thu May 14, 2009 8:30 pm

Wow! What a beautiful collection! The little girl in me always surfaces when dolls are around. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lily
"Beautiful Life"

Number of posts : 6784
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Dolls, Dolls, Dolls and MORE Dolls........   Thu May 14, 2009 10:39 pm

Oh I love dolls and your Aunt's dolls are beautiful Rhonda! Especially the roaring 20's and Princess Diana. The Campbell's Kids are so cute. Heck, I like them all!! :haha:

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5919
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Dolls, Dolls, Dolls and MORE Dolls........   Fri May 15, 2009 7:59 am

I've asked you this before....Was there any Native American dolls in the collection? I would be interested in buying a few if you find some.
Post a picture of the LH dolls....Pleaseeeeee?

It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva

Number of posts : 7227
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Dolls, Dolls, Dolls and MORE Dolls........   Fri May 15, 2009 10:30 am

Oh my, what a beautiful collection. No wonder they are so precious to you. Good luck with sorting through them.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13378
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Dolls, Dolls, Dolls and MORE Dolls........   Fri May 15, 2009 10:37 am

I'm glad you at least have the Little House dolls! Thumbsup These are amazing Rhonda....I love those Indian dolls! Like Pam, I love the story behind the bride dolls too. Neat that the 1990 bride redesigned the dress back to the original 1900! Everything comes 'back' eventually! Wink

I'd love to see some Native American ones too...

Thanks for posting these Rhonda. Gosh, I can't imagine how overwhelming this sorting job will be!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 19957
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Dolls, Dolls, Dolls and MORE Dolls........   Fri May 15, 2009 2:21 pm

Thank you everyone, so many dolls and so little time..... :haha:

There are MANY, MANY American Indian dolls.......I might have some pics, just didn't post them all............I haven't taken the LHOTP dolls out of the boxes since being home. Guess I need to get them out, set them up and take a picture or two.... :unsure:

CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dolls, Dolls, Dolls and MORE Dolls........   Tue May 26, 2009 3:53 pm

Nice dolls
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dolls, Dolls, Dolls and MORE Dolls........   Today at 5:19 am

Back to top Go down

Dolls, Dolls, Dolls and MORE Dolls........
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1