Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Little House dvds--mega sets

Go down 
+5
bethandmanly
Savannah
Rob
Amy
Gin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Little House dvds--mega sets Love-s10

Little House dvds--mega sets Empty
PostSubject: Little House dvds--mega sets   Little House dvds--mega sets EmptyTue May 19, 2009 2:47 pm

I've recently seen a LH mega set for around $100.00. Does anyone know if these have the interviews and extras on them? If not I will have to continue to try to get each season seperately. The interviews are awesome.

Little House dvds--mega sets Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little House dvds--mega sets   Little House dvds--mega sets EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:00 pm

I heard about them!...i wound hope they have them...Buying that would be cheaper!..I spent like 34 bucks a peice 4 all of them!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Little House dvds--mega sets   Little House dvds--mega sets EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 5:45 pm

Marilyn has told me that she has a friend with the mega set. It does include the interviews in bonus dvds. YAHOOO!

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Little House dvds--mega sets   Little House dvds--mega sets EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 9:29 am

Not sure how I missed this post...wow, Gin, you found the set for $100?!?! That is GREAT! Even with my hubby's Best Buy discount it's still around $150. Where did you see it for $100? And yes, I've researched the dvd set and there's supposed to be TONS of interviews and commentaries on it...$100 is a VERY good buy, considering what I paid for seaons 1 and 2, which are the only ones I own so far.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : Little House dvds--mega sets Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Little House dvds--mega sets   Little House dvds--mega sets EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 12:12 pm

Yes. Expensive. Whistle
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Little House dvds--mega sets   Little House dvds--mega sets EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 5:38 pm

Hey....I have found seasons of LH at Barnes and Noble for $17.95. I bought 4 seasons and ordered Season 5. When it comes in I will have them all! I guess waiting has payed off. Check your local Barnes and Noble if you need them or want to get them as Christmas gifts now! HURRY!

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Little House dvds--mega sets Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : Little House dvds--mega sets Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Little House dvds--mega sets   Little House dvds--mega sets EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 8:47 pm

That's wonderful, Gin!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Little House dvds--mega sets   Little House dvds--mega sets EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:41 pm

Wow, Gin, that is a GREAT price!! I have a B&N membership too, so it would be even less! Problem is, I am still holding out for the deluxe set! I really want those added features! I figure it's just a matter of time before it comes down in price.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little House dvds--mega sets   Little House dvds--mega sets EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 1:14 am

Gin wrote:
Hey....I have found seasons of LH at Barnes and Noble for $17.95. I bought 4 seasons and ordered Season 5. When it comes in I will have them all! I guess waiting has payed off. Check your local Barnes and Noble if you need them or want to get them as Christmas gifts now! HURRY!

good price....cheaper then what i had to pay.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Little House dvds--mega sets Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Little House dvds--mega sets   Little House dvds--mega sets EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:10 pm

Hello all,

Dean Butler is looking for our feedback. Here is what he had to say:

"Do you or other members of the Prairie Fans community see any difference between the episodes presented in the Mega Pack from the episodes as presented in the separate season DVD collections?"

If you have bought the Mega Pack and are a member of Prairie Talk--the Prairie Fans forum, you can post your comments in the thread that Lennon posted in the Announcements section. He's meeting with Dean on Wed. If you're not a member of PT, but are a friend of Lennon's or Dean's on Facebook, you could send a message that way.

Thanks.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853
Mood : Little House dvds--mega sets Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Little House dvds--mega sets   Little House dvds--mega sets EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:16 pm

I love the packaging of the mega-pack. It makes me want to buy it, but I have no need of it since I already own all the seasons on dvd.

For a while my Wal-Mart had two season bundle backs for, I think, $17.50. Little House dvds--mega sets 244441 I don't often look at the movies so I don't know if they still have them in stock.

Little House dvds--mega sets PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Little House dvds--mega sets   Little House dvds--mega sets EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:39 pm

That's the thing. I own all the DVDs and the movies, but the additional bonus content isn't enough to make me want to plunk down almost $200 for the Mega-Pack.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Little House dvds--mega sets   Little House dvds--mega sets EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 4:16 pm

SO does the mega pack have somthing more than the single seasons had? IF so, is there a way to get the bonus stuff seperate? After all, they sold the christmas eppys that way??
I have bought the single seasons....got them at Barns and Noble for $17....they were running a special for the month of June on tv series.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Little House dvds--mega sets   Little House dvds--mega sets EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 6:47 pm

Yes, Dean created about 3 hours of additional bonus footage that isn't with the original DVDs, but it isn't sold separately. There are interviews with Katherine MacGregor, Richard Bull, the Labyorteaux boys, Merlin Oleson and Karen Grassle. I think these were also new:

"Ed Friendly: Creating Little House" Featurette
"Remembering The Last Farewell" Featurette
"The Genius of Michael Landon" Featurette

This article - http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Little-House-Prairie-The-Complete-Series/10322 - listed other things, but I think some of them are the same as what is included with the three TV movies.

Dean was hopeful that the bonus content would encourage people to purchase the Mega-Pack, but it's still too pricey for me.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Little House dvds--mega sets   Little House dvds--mega sets EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:37 pm

Well YA! Pricey is right....wish it had come out first. Gotta talk to Dean....we need this available to purchase seperate. NO Fair! I would have to do a few photoshoots to pay for that! banghead

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Little House dvds--mega sets   Little House dvds--mega sets EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:48 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Yes, Dean created about 3 hours of additional bonus footage that isn't with the original DVDs, but it isn't sold separately. There are interviews with Katherine MacGregor, Richard Bull, the Labyorteaux boys, Merlin Oleson and Karen Grassle. I think these were also new:

"Ed Friendly: Creating Little House" Featurette
"Remembering The Last Farewell" Featurette
"The Genius of Michael Landon" Featurette

This article - http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Little-House-Prairie-The-Complete-Series/10322 - listed other things, but I think some of them are the same as what is included with the three TV movies.

Dean was hopeful that the bonus content would encourage people to purchase the Mega-Pack, but it's still too pricey for me.

I think it's a little pricey for me too right now, although the bonus content makes it awfully tempting!

Little House dvds--mega sets ChristinaKeeper2 Little House dvds--mega sets 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Little House dvds--mega sets Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Little House dvds--mega sets   Little House dvds--mega sets EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:57 pm

I don't see any point in buying that.When i have the set already.

That's a lot of money.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Little House dvds--mega sets Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Little House dvds--mega sets   Little House dvds--mega sets EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:18 am

You mean they are ADDING Dean's stuff into the mega pack to encourage people to buy it? What if you already HAVE the mega pack? Huh?

Little House dvds--mega sets Rhonda10Little House dvds--mega sets Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Little House dvds--mega sets Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Little House dvds--mega sets   Little House dvds--mega sets EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 7:23 pm

wish they could have put all the exter stuff on the last dvd that has the 3 movies?

at wal-mart i payed like under 50 bucks for one season.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little House dvds--mega sets   Little House dvds--mega sets Empty

Back to top Go down

Little House dvds--mega sets
Page 1 of 1