Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self

Go down 
+4
Teresa
Carol
Rhonda
Misti
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self Empty
PostSubject: Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self   Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 12:57 am

PopEater has confirmed that the husband of 'Little House on the Prairie' actress Sidney Greenbush killed himself just two days after Greenbush told him she was seeking a divorce.
According to Tulare County Sheriff police documents obtained by PopEater, William Bryan Foster shot himself in the head on May 5. The police report states that Foster called Greenbush -- who he referred to as his "ex-wife" -- to tell her of his suicidal thoughts. Greenbush then called the police, but by the time they arrived, Foster had already shot himself.
Foster, 55, was pronounced dead at Kaweah Delta District Hospital. The cause of death in the police report is suicide. He and Greenbush were married for nine years.
Word of the suicide first became public with a report in Star magazine.
A neighbor told Star that Foster, who went by the nickname Rocky, "was a real cowboy of some renown, and they were a very down-to-earth couple. But some problems had developed between them recently -- and it's heartbreaking to think it came to the conclusion that it did."
Greenbush and her twin sister Lindsay split the role of Carrie Ingalls on 'Prairie.' Since her childhood fame, she stayed mostly out of the limelight, opting for a low-key life instead.
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self   Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 5:38 am

That is just horrible! My prayers are with the family..

Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self HummerHusband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self MistiKeeperHusband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self Bookclub5Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self   Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 11:11 am

WOW! Even tho he chose to do this, she will be the one living with the guilt of the 'what if's'.......so sad........ No

Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self Rhonda10Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self   Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 11:38 am

That is very very sad! Blue

N8S MOM wrote:

Foster, 55, was pronounced dead at Kaweah Delta District Hospital. The cause of death in the police report is suicide. He and Greenbush were married for nine years.

Wow, that's the hospital close to my work, like 5 minutes away.

Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self Horses10
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self   Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 12:37 pm

That's really sad..............

Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self   Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 2:14 pm

Rhonda wrote:
WOW! Even tho he chose to do this, she will be the one living with the guilt of the 'what if's'.......so sad........ No

Exactly. The poor woman is going to blame herself. What a horrible tragedy. Here's a link to the article if anyone wants to read it

http://www.popeater.com/television/article/husband-of-little-house-star-kills-self/522846

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self   Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 11:52 am

This really is sad. I know her family will help her through this though. Maybe we could get a "card" together from us???

Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self   Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 11:34 am

I read about this a few weeks ago; how terrible! My heart goes out to Sidney and her family.

Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self ChristinaKeeper2 Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self   Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 3:17 pm

I'm only catching this now and am in shock. How sad and what a tragedy for Sidney. Thoughts and prayers go out to her.

Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self   Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self Empty

Back to top Go down

Husband of 'Little House' Star Kills Self
Page 1 of 1