Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"MONEY CROP"

Go down 
+10
jes9
Vanesa
amyk
Krissy
alexczarn
Rhonda
Gin
ChristinaAL
JW
Carol
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : "MONEY CROP" - Page 2 Bokmal10

"MONEY CROP" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "MONEY CROP"   "MONEY CROP" - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2022 9:37 am

I'm not sure how I feel about this episode because of how cruel some of the people in Walnut Grove were to the farmer's poor wife. Did they really expect him to just leave her behind like that? I loved the scene when Mary stood up to all the men and yelled at them for the way they had treated this woman. It was rare to see her that angry but it was an early glimpse of what a strong person she was.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

"MONEY CROP" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "MONEY CROP"   "MONEY CROP" - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 8:35 pm

I just watched this one yesterday. I also love it how Mary is yelling at them all that God will punish them. I think her theology may be a bit messed up, but I do love how strong and confident she is when defending the woman. Mary does have a very strong sense of right and wrong and I love it when she shows that "righteous anger."

Although the men did seem pretty cruel, I do understand that they were filled with anxiety, not just for themselves but also for their families. And it would be like losing your entire life savings to a scammer if the man really had run off with their money. I do think they truly were sorry for the way they behaved, and I think what they did at the end of the episode proves that.
Back to top Go down

"MONEY CROP"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2