Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Walter Cronkite has Died

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21163
Mood : Walter Cronkite has Died Purple2

Walter Cronkite has Died Empty
PostSubject: Walter Cronkite has Died   Walter Cronkite has Died EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 7:17 pm

He was 92 and died peacefully in his sleep. I just heard this as a Special Report, so not much listed on the net yet......May his family find comfort during this loss. Blue

MSN News Story

Walter Cronkite has Died Rhonda10Walter Cronkite has Died Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Walter Cronkite has Died Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Walter Cronkite has Died   Walter Cronkite has Died EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 1:14 pm

Aw, poor Uncle Walt. One of the familiar faces of my childhood. :sad5:

I remember a new year was never official till we heard Walter say, "And that's the way it is, Tuesday, January 1st, 19[whatever]."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Walter Cronkite has Died Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Walter Cronkite has Died   Walter Cronkite has Died EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 8:17 pm

Seriously, he was a huge part of all of our childhoods, we who are between 35 and 50...ahem, something. Wink He was 'our news', and had THE most distinctive voice in newscasting. He was really good. I watched another newscaster who spoke of him after his death, and said that he was one of the funniest guys he'd ever known. Kind of hard to picture, LOL! And something cute....the other newscaster asked "Can you share something he said or did with us?" and he said, "Well, I think most of it should not be repeated in public!" LOL!!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Walter Cronkite has Died Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Walter Cronkite has Died   Walter Cronkite has Died EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:07 pm

I'd heard that Uncle Walt's language in the newsroom was a little on the salty side. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walter Cronkite has Died   Walter Cronkite has Died Empty

Back to top Go down

Walter Cronkite has Died
Page 1 of 1