Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Coming to America!

Go down 
+8
Lori
Rhonda
Amy
bethandmanly
Rob
Savannah
LIWnut
carolineingalls
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Coming to America! - Page 2 Pbucket

Coming to America! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming to America!   Coming to America! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 2:33 am

Thanks everyone. We're on the big countdown now!!!!!!

Coming to America! - Page 2 MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coming to America!   Coming to America! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:11 pm

how awesome
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Coming to America! - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Coming to America!   Coming to America! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:44 pm

You must be really excited and happy! Smile

Vanesa.

Coming to America! - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Coming to America! - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Coming to America! - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Coming to America!   Coming to America! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:43 am

An update on Maureen's travels....I've gotten a few postcards from her, but I didn't want to post about it for her and ruin her surprise. You know? But she mentioned in her last card that it was fine to do . . . SO.....

Maureen arrived in New York when it was HOT and humid, and got to see the Empire State Building, Ground Zero, the Statue of Liberty, etc. . . . and she did not love the heat and humidity. (I so completely agree with her.)

The next card that came found Maureen in San Francisco, which she absolutely loved. She had a very emotional meeting with Karen, and they spent a good deal of time getting to know each other. (She also gave Karen the portrait, which Karen loved! Yay!!)

And today a third card arrived, and Maureen is in Las Vegas, which she said is like a child's paradise. It's 107 degrees there, but she's loving her visit. (Maybe it's a dry heat.
Coming to America! - Page 2 702150 )

That's all for the update. I'm sure Maureen will have MUCH more to tell us when she gets a chance to get online.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21163
Mood : Coming to America! - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Coming to America!   Coming to America! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 2:14 pm

WOW!!! Glad she is having fun....and yes Savannah.....Las Vegas would be a dry heat.... Whistle

Coming to America! - Page 2 Rhonda10Coming to America! - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Coming to America! - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Coming to America!   Coming to America! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 5:13 pm

I bet that meeting with Karen was the highlight of it all. Good for them both!!

Coming to America! - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Coming to America!   Coming to America! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 11:54 pm

What a nice time she is having! I wish I was her when she met Karen Grassle. I think she must have felt in Heaven when she finally saw her befoew her eyes! thud

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Coming to America!   Coming to America! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 8:38 am

It sounds like she is having a wonderful time. Thanks for updating us, Savannah. I can't wait to hear more about it.

Coming to America! - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Coming to America! - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Coming to America!   Coming to America! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:56 pm

I'm still kind of blown away by the fact that our very own Maureen is sitting down bonding with "Ma", you know?! Yikes Somehow I just can't wrap my mind around that, LOL! This will be one unforgettable trip, that's for sure! Thumbsup Thanks for sharing Maureen's 'adventures' with us, Savannah! Thumbsup

Last edited by Amy on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Coming to America! - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Coming to America!   Coming to America! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 5:42 pm

I met Karen a year ago in Keystone. She is a great lady. I didn't spend a lot of time with her like Maureen will have but the time I did have was really nice.

Coming to America! - Page 2 MarilynKeeper Coming to America! - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Coming to America!   Coming to America! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 12:21 am

I have an autpograph of Karen. She send it to me in Patrick Lubatières book. She signed it when she travelled to France, and then Patrick send it to me. She also wrote "Peace" above her name. I treasure this book and this autographe like a special jewel. grinsmiley

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coming to America!   Coming to America! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coming to America!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2