Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LHOTP the Musical article

Go down 
+12
Amy
Carol
carolineingalls
Savannah
Teresa
Gin
Lori
Brian
Rob
bethandmanly
Rhonda
Misti
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 6 EmptySat May 22, 2010 9:34 am

I remember getting picked on in college for wanting to watch LHotP when it ran on weekday afternoons. One of my roommates wanted to watch Mork and Mindy. We compromised by alternating between the shows. I suppose I might have taken more heat for being a GUY who likes LHotP, especially from other guys. Now, lots of my friends -- male and female alike -- know I'm a LHotP fan, and it doesn't seem to even raise an eyebrow. I guess as you get older, people gain a little more respect for what others are into, no matter how weird it may seem to them.

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 6 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : LHOTP the Musical article - Page 6 Love-s10

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 11:04 am

I came to this thread to tell Lorrie that I'm looking forward to her 'review' on the LH musical that she just went to, and I see I missed these good posts:

MissOleson wrote:
Amy wrote:
And YES, I DO feel like I want to drag the 'non-believers' to this musical! It IS funny---my friend and I have both been 'hush hush' about seeing "Little House the musical", LOL...silly I know but there IS that 'stigma'....like, you went to see WHAT?! scratchead Laughing

Gin wrote:
I'm SO over it! When I found these websites, I totally came out of the closet! I recently had someone ask me what I like to watch and I told him LH. The guys head actually bobbed. He said..."hmmm Little House On THE PRAIRIE?" (Like there's some other kind!)
I said "Yes, like ya know.....Melissa Gilbert running down the hill.....YA that ONE."
He knodded, then grinned. At that my horns came out. mad
"Why?!" I asked. He quickly dropped the grin, and said " Ya, Little House. Good WHOLESOME show." I then kicked his shin. He walks circles around me now. Thumbsup

Let people have their "Friends" . I'll pick Little House anyday. Morningcoffee

These two quotes are funny. Now I know for sure there are others out there that have "suffered" (for lack of a better word Smile ) over Little House. Two of my biggest obsessions in life are Little House and Musical Theater. Those are two things that aren't accepted that well. I once had to go through a LONG explanation as to why I love Little House so much. I think the guy understood and he said he was going to give it a try but I know he never did! Then there is an ex of mine. All he ever did was laugh at the show whenever I would try to watch it. mad I swear that I wanted to cry over it because it was SO frustrating! I never pick on anyone else for what they like (well, not publicly! Smile ). Why do I get picked on for it? Why is Little House so bad to everyone else? Why must the comments be made?

jes9 wrote:
I remember getting picked on in college for wanting to watch LHotP when it ran on weekday afternoons. One of my roommates wanted to watch Mork and Mindy. We compromised by alternating between the shows. I suppose I might have taken more heat for being a GUY who likes LHotP, especially from other guys. Now, lots of my friends -- male and female alike -- know I'm a LHotP fan, and it doesn't seem to even raise an eyebrow. I guess as you get older, people gain a little more respect for what others are into, no matter how weird it may seem to them.

It really is an odd thing, isn't it?! I think because Little House got a reputation even back then for being a bit on the 'corny/sappy' side, it's hard for people to imagine we'd like it by today's standards especially. But I think there's an innate need by many of us (and some who are probably just in denial Wink ) to simply experience the nostalgia; to go back to a time when life was simpler and families were still 'intact'. In my opinion, it's natural for all of us (male and female alike) to be touched by the spirit of Little House. yes
Back to top Go down

LHOTP the Musical article
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6