Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LHOTP the Musical article

Go down 
+12
Amy
Carol
carolineingalls
Savannah
Teresa
Gin
Lori
Brian
Rob
bethandmanly
Rhonda
Misti
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 Love-s10

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 7:57 pm

What would they do if MELISSA couldn't perform some night???

I would die if it was when I was there to see her! thud

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21161
Mood : LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 9:04 pm

There are 2 or 3 women who are her understudies......Yes, it would be sad if you went just to see her and she wasn't there....a month or so ago, she was in the hospital....probably exhausted from all the performances.... LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 203788

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 Rhonda10LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:28 pm

Oh you're kidding??? I hadn't heard about that!

Yeah, doing a musical has to be extremely trying. I feel badly for the people who went thinking they were going to see MG and then seeing her understudy. I would have been devastated. Hopefully you and Marilyn will get to see Melissa, Gin! pray

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:10 pm

Being an understudy to the star must be a thankless job, especially when they announce that you'll be filling in and a loud, disappointed "Awwww!" goes through the house. LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 488555
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:26 pm

No kidding....but oh to be the one in her shadow. I will just be saying a little prayer that Melissa will not be exhausted when I get to see her.

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 6:25 pm

Rhonda wrote:
[quote="

You talked about how MG was the only one left on stage at the end.....she did this as well.....and I do not know if it was my imagination or what, but as she was standing there, soaking it all in, she stretched her arms upwards, looking upwards as well, brought her hands to her mouth, gave a kiss and then hands went upwards again.....my thoughts on this.....I think she was thanking Michael Landon for giving her the opportunity to play Laura while she was growing up and helping her to be the actress she is......it was emotional to watch her do that....

Now, I get to see it tomorrow at 2:00pm, and catch all the things I missed out on last night.... LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 46567

Melissa has arrived in Toronto and was on a talk show last night. She mentioned that at the end of the show she sends a kiss up to "my Pa". What a sweet thing to do. I am looking forward to the show on Friday night. I have 2 seats in the 2nd row and 3 in the 3rd. Will let you know about my experiences after I come down out of the clouds!

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 MarilynKeeper LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 6:27 pm

I take it you'll be sitting in one of the seats in the 2nd row? LOL! Have a wonderful time!!

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 6:56 pm

Actually no. I have 2 sisters who are coming from a neighbouring town who will have the seats in row 2. My mom, my friend and I will be in row 3. I just hope that we are somewhere close together.

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 MarilynKeeper LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 6:59 pm

Row 3 will still be an amazing place to sit. Up close and personal. You'll feel like your practically on-stage with Melissa.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 11:16 pm

Marilyn, what did you think of the musical???

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:10 pm

Oh my gosh, the musical was amazing. I was about 15 ft away from MG! I was starstruck. The show itself was truly beautiful. I was amazed at all the images those 4 walls could create. The cast did such a great job and the music was wonderful. I am praying that they eventually release a sound track. I'll be the first one in line to buy it.

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:15 pm

I'm glad that you had a wonderful time, Marilyn!!

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:46 pm

I hadn't thought of the soundtrack! That would be a nice thing to collect. Might need Beth to put a bug in Melissa's ear about that.

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:37 am

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Marilyn.

LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 2:30 pm

I'm thrilled that you loved it too Marilyn! Thumbsup

LIWnut wrote:
I am praying that they eventually release a sound track. I'll be the first one in line to buy it.

Me too!! Oh, I wish!! pray Isn't it amazing how catchy all those tunes were, when you haven't even heard them before??? Sometimes it's hard for me to like a 'new' musical because it's tough for me to embrace the unknown music. But this music was really fantastic. yes

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:50 pm

I purchased my ticket last night!!! Applause

SO, hope May 1st comes quick!!!!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 9:12 pm

Yay!! Where is your seat?

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 10:29 pm

Marilyn, I'm SO glad that you got to go, and that you had such a wonderful time!

And Gin! I'm so excited for you!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 2:18 pm

Well, I'm not front row, but I'm going with my neighbor that said where we will be sitting you are better able to see everything. She recently went to Mary Poppins, sat real close and it was hard to see all that was going on. The seats are up high enough you don't have to look around anyone. I should be fine, can't take pictures...but if I could I would have my 300 mm lens ready to go!!
Now just need to pray Melissa isn't sick or something. That is my biggest fear!

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 10:37 pm

Congrats, Gin!

Has Melissa missed many performances so far?
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 11:22 pm

I think she has a few....she was sick. You will hear me yell if she does when I am going!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 11:34 pm

Gin wrote:
She recently went to Mary Poppins, sat real close and it was hard to see all that was going on. The seats are up high enough you don't have to look around anyone.

Sounds just fine! Thumbsup My parents saw Mary Poppins in New York....I SO want to see this too!!!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:58 pm

In Toronto Melissa would do the evening performances and her understudy would do the matinees. That way Melissa's back wouldn't hurt as much. She was WONDERFUL!!!
Kara Lindsay (Laura) has had to leave the show, not sure why. She was great too, I thought she was funny, the way she gave her lines, kinda sarcastically. I am sure that her understudy does just as well.
As for the soundtrack, many people have asked for it and they are thinking of making one but when I asked, they said that it was hard to get all of the original actors at one show to take it. I can understand that, with MG and Kara and others getting days off and being ill or other reasons. I just hope that they can arrange it and get her done, cause I and many others will be in line to buy a copy.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 10:44 am

OH NO! I'm scheduled for a matinee! I might have to change my time........oh dear, dear!

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:30 pm

Well, I talked to a manager at the Houston Theatre and he says Melissa is of right now down for every performance. SO, thats a relief. I won't feel better til I see her on stage though. Come on May 1st!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP the Musical article   LHOTP the Musical article - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

LHOTP the Musical article
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next