Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Third Miracle

Go down 
+15
Rob
Old Dan Tucker
Shell
Davetucson
littlehouselover
Ruth
alexczarn
easyt72000
Honeybee
Vanesa
Davidccl
Krissy
Joe
jes9
Savannah
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 Bokmal10

HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Miracle   HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 12:30 am

Rob wrote:
Wink  Then there was Katy Kurtzmann playing the young Caroline, as well as Anna, the girl with the stutter.  Though she wasn't a regular character.  It's odd that the Ingalls girls didn't have ongoing friendships on the show; just kids who appeared when the writers needed conflict.

So now you gotta a little problem with Matthew reincarnating as Albert.....You talkin behind my back! Don't go there turncoat!

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: The Third Miracle   HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 1:06 am

Gotta problem with actors having different roles..........LHOTP wasn't the place to be!

Eddie Quillan Only Had SEVEN!
HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 Eddie_11
Hersha Parady Had TWO!
HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 Hersha10
John McLiam had THREE
HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 John_m10
EJ Andre had FIVE
HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 Ej_and10
Ike Eisenmann had TWO
HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 Ike10
Don Red Barry had TWO
HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 Don_re10
And the Lord only knows how many  parts this ding dong had on that thing Andy Griffith called a show!
HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 Barney12

And You Dare To Go There With Matthew!

Last edited by Davetucson on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: The Third Miracle   HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 1:13 am

Laughing Laughing 
Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Number of posts : 675
Mood : HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 Confus10

PostSubject: Re: The Third Miracle   HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 8:13 am

LOL!!!

HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 PhoebeKeeper

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
Old Dan Tucker
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Old Dan Tucker

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: The Third Miracle   HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 7:14 pm

Multiple roles on the same show for character actors back in the 50's, 60's, and 70's was not uncommon. As dramas, and even comedies to a certain extent, have become more serialized, actors have mostly had to settle for playing one character on a show and that's it. It is not as common nowadays as it was 30+ years ago. Imagine watching Lost or Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad and seeing the same actor showing up every 10 or 15 epis as another character. It would confuse the viewer and ruin the story line. Some serials, notably the Sopranos, have broken the "rule" when they added the Vito Spatafore (aka Johnny Cakes) character. Joseph Gannascoli had a small role in an early epi of the series and came back later as a regular.

Old Daniel Tucker wuz a mighty man,
He washed his face in a fryin' pan;
Combed his head wid a wagon wheel
And he died wid de toofache in his heel.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: The Third Miracle   HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 7:44 pm

Yeah, and it becomes all the more obvious now that the reruns often run several times a day as opposed to once a week during their original run.  One good example is Allan Melvin on the Andy Griffith Show.  He later became known as Sam the Butcher on the Brady Bunch and as Barney Hefner on All in the Family/Archie Bunker's Place.  But on Andy, he played eight (I believe) different roles, all of them bad guys, except one.   When you spotted Allan, you knew there was gonna be trouble in Mayberry. Smile

HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 Allan+Melvin+Andy+Griffith
Back to top Go down
Old Dan Tucker
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Old Dan Tucker

PostSubject: Re: The Third Miracle   HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 8:05 pm

Then of course there was Richard Stahl on maybe 10 epis of The Odd Couple.

HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 Richard-stahl-03

And George Petrie on seemingly every episode of The Honeymooners.

HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 220px-George_Petrie_1950

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Third Miracle   HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 8:41 pm

Ha! Allan Melvin and Richard Stahl were two guys who proved you could have a successful TV career without ever becoming a big name. I bet they had a lot of people coming up to them in the street and saying, "You look familiar... did we go to school together?" HeeHee 
Back to top Go down
Old Dan Tucker
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Old Dan Tucker

PostSubject: Re: The Third Miracle   HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 9:09 pm

Rob... if you like this character actor trivia , which it appears you do, you'll really like a documentary that's been on Showtime recently. It's called, "That Guy... Who Was In That Thing" and it's all about the nameless character actors who we all recognize but never know their names. They interview a bunch of them and they tell their stories and how they've managed to make a living in Hollywood. Great documentary.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Third Miracle   HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Sounds good.  Love the title!  I don't get Showtime, though.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: The Third Miracle   HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 7:46 am

Rob wrote:
Sounds good.  Love the title!  I don't get Showtime, though.

Also on Netflix

Back to top Go down
reneerose
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
reneerose

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: The Third Miracle   HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 6:27 pm

I hate saying this, but I think this was a waste of an episode. Reading Melissa Sue's memoir, sounds like one of the camera people came up with the idea for this episode. I thought it was another excuse to give Mary a senseless tragedy to play. It just wasn't a good story idea at all. Though I understand they were trying to show Providence's hand in helping people during an accident, I didn't like that they were making Mary and Adam the victims of an accident again instead of writing something positive for them to play. Could have done away with the accident altogether and made an positive episode about an educator winning an award and REALLY making a speech! And dealing with possible prejudices against blind people as educators. That might have been a more interesting episode! So frustrating! banghead
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

PostSubject: Re: The Third Miracle   HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 10:08 pm

I only saw part of this episode today but I thought that it was not good at all for Laura and Albert to have the Olesons take the log with the bees in it.....if the bees had startled the horses or stung up the horses, and the horses then take off and upset the wagon, then we could have had not one, but two, tragic accidents involving horse-drawn vehicles in a single episode. I didn't watch long enough to see what actually did happen in regards to the bees.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Third Miracle   HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 10:19 pm

Watched this one tonight - the whole episode minus whatever all COZI-TV cuts out. Mrs. Oleson was pretty snotty about the honey, but I still don't think that Laura and Albert should have let her and Nellie handle the bee hive / log. Also, I found it odd that Charles didn't ask the townspeople for help for Mary and Adam to go to the awards dinner. I think Harriet Oleson would have wanted to go, since the award was associated with "her" blind school. She would have probably paid for the whole trip and of course gone along herself! Maybe that was what Charles wanted to avoid, though.

I also thought the cost seemed rather high. Would it really have cost that much money for that trip? They were not even leaving Minnesota!
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Third Miracle   HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 10:26 pm

reneerose wrote:
I hate saying this, but I think this was a waste of an episode.  Reading Melissa Sue's memoir, sounds like one of the camera people came up with the idea for this episode.  I thought it was another excuse to give Mary a senseless tragedy to play.  It just wasn't a good story idea at all.  Though I understand they were trying to show Providence's hand in helping people during an accident, I didn't like that they were making Mary and Adam the victims of an accident again instead of writing something positive for them to play.  Could have done away with the accident altogether and made an positive episode about an educator winning an award and REALLY making a speech!  And dealing with possible prejudices against blind people as educators.  That might have been a more interesting episode! So frustrating! banghead
It does seem like almost every episode which featured Mary after she went blind had some huge tragedy happening to her and/or Adam!
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Third Miracle   HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 10:30 pm

One thing I do like about this episode is that Mrs. Foster had a fairly large role - I'm not sure I even knew Walnut Grove had a telegraph, let alone that Mrs. Foster was the one who was running it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Third Miracle   HOUSE - The Third Miracle - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Third Miracle
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2