Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing?

Go down 
+2
ChristinaAL
LM
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing? Party010

Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing? Empty
PostSubject: Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing?   Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 12:59 am

Hi, gang. I hope you're all doing great.

Where is Jonathan Gilbert?

Years ago, I heard that JG was missing and that his family; worried sick, had no idea of where he was.
I seem to remember a little bit of an interview w/ Melissa about him on ET. I used to watch ET everyday back in the 80's and early to mid 90's, and I really do believe I saw and heard her talking about him being missing. If it's the same interview, their sister Sarah was quite a young child, so that tells you how long ago that was.

I've always wondered if he was okay and if he ever got in touch with his family. I hope so. I remember praying that he'd be okay.

If possible, will someone here please give me some answers? I'd really appreciate it.

Take care.

Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing? LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2757

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing?   Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 4:54 pm

I have never heard of that before. I think what most of us have heard is that Jonathan was working as a stock broker on Wall Street. I certainly hope he wasn't missing!

Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing? ChristinaKeeper2 Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing? 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing?   Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 10:21 pm

That would be great to know.

I'd hoped he was just tired of showbiz and took break, but when I heard that he was missing, and that the family was worried, I knew it was more than just a break. If it had been said been said by a "close friend" or "source" on ET like in tabloids, I woudn't have thought anything of it. I always hope to hear the truth from ET. Tabloids are always so full of made-up and hurtful info. I used to read them as a teen, but finally got wise to them when I'd see celebs on ET or the news saying they're about to sue, and they'd usually win big. Who was telling the truth? It wasn't the tabloid. LOL!

Take care.

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing?   Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2007 1:37 am

Yeah, the tabloids were never the ones to trust, LOL. MG has had some issues with them herself, and she's always said how she hated that they would write so viciously, especially about her relationship w/ Rob Lowe as a teen, and never let her live a normal life. I think at his last press conference, ML also asked the tabloids to be respectful to his family. I can only imagine what that must have been like - to have such young children seeing stories about their sick father on magazines in the grocery store! It's disgusting.

Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing? ChristinaKeeper2 Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing? 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing?   Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2007 1:52 am

I have an aunt who buys just about every tabloid out there. She used to be my steady supplier...like about 15 or more years ago. As soon as she'd finish for the week, she'd call and tell me to pick them up. Every week I'd get my second-hand tabloid supply. LOL! She said she doesn't believe the stories like she used too, but just finds them interesting. She laughs at the stories like a 100 year old women giving birth to her first child. LOL! She's gotten better about the celeb news too. I told her a loooong time ago that Entertainment Tonight was much, much more reliable, and to compare the celeb news stories in the tabloids and on the show. You'd hear things straight from the celeb. She told me that at first, it was kinda shocking to see that most of what she'd read were lies, but she was glad things weren't as bad as they seemed for those celebs.

I'd forgotten about Melissa and Rob. Since you mentioned it, I can picture their faces on teen mags as well as tabloids.
I don't remember what was really said about Michael Landon during his illness and death, but I hope it wasn't too harsh for the family.

Take care.

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing?   Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2007 1:56 am

Hi, LM! Guess we're on at about the same time :) My grandma used to be the same way with my mom - she'd buy piles of "Star" magazine and pass them onto my mom when she was done, LOL. I've just always found them to be so negative - it's like they try to point out the worst possible things about people, whether or not they're true.

OH! I almost forgot. I actually bought a National Enquirer myself a few years ago b/c I saw ML's name on the cover. It was all about how there was almost a plane crash, but the pilot was able to safely land the plane b/c he was flying over a field that he recognized from LH, and the story said about how it was a miracle from ML and such. Something to that effect - it's late and I'm probably not remembering all the details, LOL.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing? Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing?   Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2007 8:43 am

Michael Landon's last appearance on the Tonight Show tore into the tabloids for being so insensitive to his children's feelings. He said there were headlines like Michael Landon: Only Two Weeks to Live. As Landon said, how did they know what he was telling his small children about his illness?

Some might say it's the price of fame, but I think it's just plain cruel.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing?   Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2007 11:56 pm

ChristinaAL wrote:
Hi, LM! Guess we're on at about the same time :) My grandma used to be the same way with my mom - she'd buy piles of "Star" magazine and pass them onto my mom when she was done, LOL. I've just always found them to be so negative - it's like they try to point out the worst possible things about people, whether or not they're true.

OH! I almost forgot. I actually bought a National Enquirer myself a few years ago b/c I saw ML's name on the cover. It was all about how there was almost a plane crash, but the pilot was able to safely land the plane b/c he was flying over a field that he recognized from LH, and the story said about how it was a miracle from ML and such. Something to that effect - it's late and I'm probably not remembering all the details, LOL.

Hi, there!
I remember how mad I'd get at the tabloid writers fo telling lies about my fave celebs. The topics did make good conversation in school w/ friends though. LOL! Most times, the guys around us girls would make us angrier by saying the rumors about the cute guy celebs were true. I was sooooo in love with Boy George/Culture Club, Wham!, Duran Duran, and other guys in makeup. My guy friends would really tick me and the other girls off by picking on them with those tabloid stories. We really wanted to... Frying pan those guys. :haha:

That's an interesting story about the plane. I wonder if there's any interview w/ ML on TV about it. Now that would be interesting to hear.

Have a good one!
Wave

Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing?   Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing? EmptySat Mar 03, 2007 12:07 am

bethandmanly wrote:
Michael Landon's last appearance on the Tonight Show tore into the tabloids for being so insensitive to his children's feelings. He said there were headlines like Michael Landon: Only Two Weeks to Live. As Landon said, how did they know what he was telling his small children about his illness?

Some might say it's the price of fame, but I think it's just plain cruel.

Cheryl

That's awful. I hate when the families are hurt by such things.
I also hate how they just know exactly how long a person has to live and what's really going on in their mind. Yeah, right.

I've also always hated that phrase - The price of fame. I'm with you... it's just plain cruel. Blue

Take care.

Back to top Go down
Samantha
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Samantha

Number of posts : 199
Mood : Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing? Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing?   Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing? EmptySat Mar 03, 2007 1:51 am

I remember when Melissa Gilbert sued the National Enquirer for having a front page story that said that she was a "dead beat mom"....she didn't deserve that...
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing?   Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing? EmptySat Mar 03, 2007 2:30 am

Yikes! OhMy That's harsh! I'm glad she sued them.

Back to top Go down
Ellinor
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 160
Mood : Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing? Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing?   Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing? EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:10 pm

I heard that he was stockbroker in New York, but only for a while. He probably became a buddhist and did/are doing marvelous things for the poor in Africa and Central America.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1053

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing?   Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing? EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:41 am

That story changed too..I think they make up something different every fan get-together to protect his whereabouts or not to admit they don't know. That wouldn't be a big deal normally but with Melissa being his sister, it seems odd to some.

I just hope he wants nothing to do with LHOP or anyone else for whatever reason and not that he's ill or in trouble, etc. If someone is married with kids, etc. they usually don't move around too much but even if they do, family usually isn't "worried about them" even if they don't keep in touch. Single, you have more freedom to disappear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing?   Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing? Empty

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Gilbert - Was he really missing?
Page 1 of 1