Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Remembering and Honoring

Go down 
+5
LIWnut
Amy
bethandmanly
Kristina
Rhonda
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : Remembering and Honoring Purple2

Remembering and Honoring Empty
PostSubject: Remembering and Honoring   Remembering and Honoring EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 12:25 pm

.........................Remembering and Honoring 14_3_1v.........,,,,,,...Remembering and Honoring 14_3_15. ...,,,,.......Remembering and Honoring 14_3_12

It's really sad that not everyone flies an American
flag. Our flag flies 365 days.

We have a little less than one month and counting to get the word out all across this great land and into every community in the United States of America.

If you forward this to at least 11 people and each of those people do the same ... you get the idea.
Remembering and Honoring 36_15_53

THE PROGRAM:

On Friday, September 11th, 2009, an American flag should be displayed outside every home, apartment, office, and store in the United States. Every individual should make it their duty to display an American flag on this eighth anniversary of one of our country's worst tragedies. We do this to honor those who lost their lives on 9/11, their families, friends and loved ones who continue to endure the pain, and those who today are fighting at home and abroad to preserve our cherished freedoms.

In the days, weeks and months following 9/11, our country was bathed in American flags as citizens mourned the incredible losses and stood shoulder-to-shoulder against terrorism. Sadly, those flags have all but disappeared. Our patriotism pulled us through some tough times and it shouldn't take another attack to galvanize us in solidarity. Our American flag is the fabric of our country and together we can prevail over terrorism of all kinds.

So, here's what we need you to do.

(1) Forward this to everyone you know (at least 11 people). Please don't be the one to break this chain. Take a moment to think back to how you felt on 9/11 and let those sentiments guide you.

(2) Fly an American flag of any size on 9/11. Honestly, Americans should fly the flag year-round, but if you don't, then at least make it a priority on this day.

Thank you for your participation. God Bless You and God Bless America!

............,,,,,,................Remembering and Honoring 14_3_11........,,,,,,,,,,,.....Remembering and Honoring 14_3_2v.....,,,,,,,,,,,,........Remembering and Honoring 14_3_9

Remembering and Honoring Rhonda10Remembering and Honoring Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855
Mood : Remembering and Honoring Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Remembering and Honoring   Remembering and Honoring EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:13 pm

thank you for posting this Rhonda. I'll be sure that there's a flag outside my home on September 11th this year.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Remembering and Honoring   Remembering and Honoring EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 5:27 pm

There's one up here every day.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Remembering and Honoring Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Remembering and Honoring   Remembering and Honoring EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 6:09 pm

I was pretty shocked that hardly anyone displayed their flag in our neighborhood on the 4th of July this year. I daresay it won't be any different for September 11th. What a shame. I will be flying mine as always and I will pass this along. It's so hard to believe it's been 8 years.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Remembering and Honoring Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Remembering and Honoring   Remembering and Honoring EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 6:18 pm

I'll be in America this year to remember with all of you. I'll have to buy a mini flag and wave it

Remembering and Honoring MarilynKeeper Remembering and Honoring Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Remembering and Honoring Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Remembering and Honoring   Remembering and Honoring EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:56 am

I'll be remembering everyone here in Ireland on September 11th.

Remembering and Honoring MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : Remembering and Honoring Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Remembering and Honoring   Remembering and Honoring EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:44 pm

Did you fly your flag??? I did..........Remembering and Honoring 14_3_9

Remembering and Honoring Rhonda10Remembering and Honoring Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Remembering and Honoring   Remembering and Honoring EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 11:08 pm

You bet we did!

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Remembering and Honoring   Remembering and Honoring EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:29 am

We did, too.!

Remembering and Honoring Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855

PostSubject: Re: Remembering and Honoring   Remembering and Honoring EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 3:49 pm

on 9/11 I was in history class at the time that the first airplane had hit the World Trade Center, and I didn't talk for about 5 minutes at that time, out of respect for the many people who lost their lives that day. the one person who was talking at that time, though, was my history teacher!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Remembering and Honoring Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Remembering and Honoring   Remembering and Honoring EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:52 pm

I was watching a timeline on Fox News on Friday of that days events and it opened up old wounds. I also started crying and thought if not for this horrific tragedy, my nephew and all the soldiers that have died during the war would still be here with us.

This happened when I was still in college. I went to school three days a week and the other 2 I worked at a doctor's office. I was at work that day sitting at my desk when the news broke. It was so upsetting. And when they said one of the planes crashed just ouside of Pittsburgh flipped. I thought they were going to hit something here down town. Me and another lady were so scared that we left work. My dad picked me up and I went to an appointment with him. While sitting in the waiting room they kept showing it on the tv. It was one of the most beautiful and sunny days. No one was ready for something like that to happen.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Remembering and Honoring   Remembering and Honoring EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 10:29 am

So true Beckie...it's a date that will forever be etched in all of our minds----where we were, what we were doing. It's right there at the forefront. My 2nd cousin died in Tower 2...he had just gotten married and just landed this fantastic job and moved to New York. I didn't know him (I'm the youngest of 48 grandchildren, so I don't even know all my first cousins, let alone my second), but when I think of how my aunt must be feeling on September 11th (he was her oldest grandson), my heart just breaks for her, and of course all those who lost someone on that tragic day.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Remembering and Honoring   Remembering and Honoring EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 7:48 am

I've had mine up all summer. I plan to leave it up until the end of this month. I would leave it up all year, but it would start looking bad.
Besides, if my dog goes out there to potty in the morning it scares her....not sure why, its been there every morning!

Remembering and Honoring Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remembering and Honoring   Remembering and Honoring Empty

Back to top Go down

Remembering and Honoring
Page 1 of 1