HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Labor Day plans

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Labor Day plans   Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:59 pm

What has everyone been doing this weekend? Any big plans for Monday?

I am washing and staining our wood fence tomorrow, having a cookout (for just our family) for lunch, and then taking my son back to college.


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards


Number of posts : 9006
Location : Life is short! embrace it with a SMILE.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:14 pm

no plans here

I stayed at the Hospital with my brother for the night last night spent the day there today but nothing big


Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5900
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:36 am

It has been a busy weekend here. We had a birthday party to go to Saturday. Yesterday, we went and visited with Tim's parents and saw their new house. They are moving from the west side of the state (Grand Rapids area) back near us. We are so happy they are moving back.

Today, we are going to have my dad over later and bbq. Also, prepare for back to school tomorrow. Where has the summer gone??? I don't want it to end!


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:22 am

That is so great that Tim's parents are moving back near you Pam!

And I know, this summer FLEW by, didn't it?! Back to our early crazy mornings! :groan:

My only bonus is that my too unruly daycare boys are starting kindergarten this year---one is in mornings and one is in afternoons, so they'll be separated. They butt heads (total personality conflict), so this is going to be very good for them. And for me too!! Thumbsup

I guess I can only wash the fence today---the directions say you're not supposed to stain for 24-48 hours after a rainfall or fence washing. Oh well, it's probably all I have time for today anyway!


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5900
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm

Summer did fly by! It seems like the kids were just excited that summer vacation was starting. Tomorrow, Kelsey starts middle school!!!! OhMy

That is good that your two daycare boys will be separated. It'll be a lot less stress for you. It'll be interesting to see how they are when they aren't around each other.

Since you don't have to stain the fence as well, maybe you can find some time to relax today. You never know! grinsmiley


Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan


Number of posts : 4810
Location : AT THE CIVIC ARENA.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:44 pm

Well yesterday me and my family, along with the guy I have been seeing, went to my cousin's house for a cook out. Now today he is coming over our house for some pasta since we all had the usual cookout food yesterday. Also every holiday this 88 year old friend of the family comes over to eat as well.


LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva


Number of posts : 7230
Location : In a book
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:01 pm

I've been catching up on work the past couple of days. Today the in-laws are coming over for a cookout.


Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:53 am

pamh36 wrote:
Summer did fly by! It seems like the kids were just excited that summer vacation was starting. Tomorrow, Kelsey starts middle school!!!! OhMy

That is good that your two daycare boys will be separated. It'll be a lot less stress for you. It'll be interesting to see how they are when they aren't around each other.

Since you don't have to stain the fence as well, maybe you can find some time to relax today. You never know! grinsmiley

Good luck to Kelsey today! Nick is starting high school---I can't even believe that! My twin nieces are sophomores and were going to help him find his way around this morning---so cute! Nice to have cousins in the same school! And I'm enjoying my morning already, without having the two boys arguing---they have their moments of 'good play', but they just aggravate each other more than the average kids, that's for sure. Yes, WAY less stress for me! Applause

I did end up having a relaxing day, thanks Pam---even the ride to Kalamazoo wasn't too bad. My parents joined us, and we left in plenty of time to beat the heavy traffic.

Beckie, is sounds like things are going great with your new man! Wink Glad to hear it! Thumbsup

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5987
Location : A Buckeye in Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:31 pm

I mentioned to my husband yesterday morning that Kara really wanted to go on a bike trail before school started. I thought the two of them could just go if he wanted, but he decided we should all go since he, a formerly avid bike rider, can't keep up with her. With Erin and I along, that would be an excuse to go slower. He got on the internet to find out where we could park, etc. and came across a picture of a bridge on the trail that he thought was cool. The trail was pretty flat with a slight incline and we were going into a light wind. Great, I thought, so the ride back should be slightly downhill, and the wind will be pushing us. It seemed to take forever and no bridge. Gary and Kara were not tiring a bit and wanted to keep going. So we all continued and finally made it to the bridge. Erin and I were not that impressed. It did have pretty scenery below, but the bridge itself was not that impressive. Erin and I were pretty tired, but we only had about 10 miles to go to get back according to Gary. Somehow the ride back was also slightly uphill, and we were again riding into the wind! I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it, but we kept going. Gary had missed a couple of mile markers on the way, so the round trip was about 25 miles! I don't think I have ever ridden that far in my life. Kara and I were really sore when we were done. So that is how we spent our Labor Day.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5900
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:03 pm

Amy wrote:

Good luck to Kelsey today! Nick is starting high school---I can't even believe that! My twin nieces are sophomores and were going to help him find his way around this morning---so cute! Nice to have cousins in the same school! And I'm enjoying my morning already, without having the two boys arguing---they have their moments of 'good play', but they just aggravate each other more than the average kids, that's for sure. Yes, WAY less stress for me! Applause

I did end up having a relaxing day, thanks Pam---even the ride to Kalamazoo wasn't too bad. My parents joined us, and we left in plenty of time to beat the heavy traffic.

Thanks, Amy. Kelsey ended up having a good first day. Devin, on the other hand, has been sleeping all afternoon. I guess 6 o'clock came too early for him. Laughing

That is nice that your nieces were going to help Nick out at school. Starting high school can be especially intimidating with a bigger school and usually more responsibility.

I'm glad to hear you had a relaxing day yesterday. They don't seem to come often enough.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor


Number of posts : 19959
Location : On my bike!!!
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:47 pm

I went to Missouri Thursday afternoon and started mowing the yard at my aunt's house. It started getting dark, the skeeter eaters started eating on me, then I ran out of fuel.

Friday, went to Silver Dollar City for the day....it rained off and on, but it didn't bother us at all, we were enjoying the entertainment and each other.....

Saturday, I worked around my aunt's house, mowing the yard and cleaning around the house.....

Sunday, went to church and then lunch at a friends house....

Monday, went on a bike ride over to the lake in Missouri and had a picnic with the family. We rode home on the bikes after it got dark and chilly, but all in all, we had a wonderful time....

Was going to come home Tuesday, but some water leaks were found in the house, and we needed to try to stop the leaks......went to a high school volleyball game that night, and came home today.........



CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"



Number of posts : 53816
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:29 am

I'm glad you're back safely, Rhonda.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5900
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:40 am

It sounds like you had a very busy weekend, Rhonda!!


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:56 am

Lori wrote:
I mentioned to my husband yesterday morning that Kara really wanted to go on a bike trail before school started. I thought the two of them could just go if he wanted, but he decided we should all go since he, a formerly avid bike rider, can't keep up with her. With Erin and I along, that would be an excuse to go slower. He got on the internet to find out where we could park, etc. and came across a picture of a bridge on the trail that he thought was cool. The trail was pretty flat with a slight incline and we were going into a light wind. Great, I thought, so the ride back should be slightly downhill, and the wind will be pushing us. It seemed to take forever and no bridge. Gary and Kara were not tiring a bit and wanted to keep going. So we all continued and finally made it to the bridge. Erin and I were not that impressed. It did have pretty scenery below, but the bridge itself was not that impressive. Erin and I were pretty tired, but we only had about 10 miles to go to get back according to Gary. Somehow the ride back was also slightly uphill, and we were again riding into the wind! I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it, but we kept going. Gary had missed a couple of mile markers on the way, so the round trip was about 25 miles! I don't think I have ever ridden that far in my life. Kara and I were really sore when we were done. So that is how we spent our Labor Day.

Lori, 25 miles?!?! I could never have done that in a zillion years. You guys are troopers!! Thumbsup

pamh36 wrote:

Thanks, Amy. Kelsey ended up having a good first day. Devin, on the other hand, has been sleeping all afternoon. I guess 6 o'clock came too early for him. Laughing

Nick's been the same way Pam....he's having trouble getting used to the new schedule, after his summer 'late nights'! Both my boys are total night owls...Brendan has arranged his college schedule so he doesn't have classes before 9:00am, (LOL, not sure how long he'll be able to keep that up throughout his college years!), but Nick is up every morning by 5:15. Yikes!

Rhonda wrote:
I went to Missouri Thursday afternoon and started mowing the yard at my aunt's house. It started getting dark, the skeeter eaters started eating on me, then I ran out of fuel.

Friday, went to Silver Dollar City for the day....it rained off and on, but it didn't bother us at all, we were enjoying the entertainment and each other.....

Saturday, I worked around my aunt's house, mowing the yard and cleaning around the house.....

Sunday, went to church and then lunch at a friends house....

Monday, went on a bike ride over to the lake in Missouri and had a picnic with the family. We rode home on the bikes after it got dark and chilly, but all in all, we had a wonderful time....

Was going to come home Tuesday, but some water leaks were found in the house, and we needed to try to stop the leaks......went to a high school volleyball game that night, and came home today.........

Welcome back Rhonda----you certainly had a busy Holiday! Sounds nice too! Thumbsup


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Labor Day plans   Today at 4:12 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Labor Day plans
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Future plans
» BADASS Labor Day Cookout ****It's BACK ON!!!!!!****
» looking for what others payed for Labor on Front end parts install...?
» future plans for mai-otome
» Should Parents Interfere in Marriage Plans?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: