HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Fall TV line-up, 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:18 am

I'm a little overwhelmed by ALL the new TV shows out there. You really have to pick and choose these days which ones you want to get involved in! Just curious what shows you all are trying out or committed too, if any at all. So far the only one I'm committed to stick with is "Castle" at this point. I watched the first episode of "Flash Forward" and that one looks promising. There's a new one with Christian Slater called "The Forgotten"...I started watching it last night because I like him, but then I decided I really don't want to get involved in another hour long show. (I do watch LOST, but that's not back until February).

I started watching the new sitcom "Modern Family" the other night, and as funny as it was (it's the funniest sitcom I've seen in awhile), as soon as I heard one sibling call her little brother the "B" word, I turned it off. I don't appreciate producers trying to pull me in through 'shock value', you know? It's not like I'm a prude...I love mafia movies for crying out loud, but when you have sisters and brothers swearing at each other on show about the "modern family", well that's a commentary on our society I'd rather not see, especially in a 'humorous' context. Oh, and when the parents witnessed this (yes, the sister said that to the younger brother right in front of the parents), the mother looked at her and said, "Language!" Um, no. I guess this is where my LHOTP values come into play.

Sorry to go off on a tangent. So, what shows are you all into right now?


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5254
Location : Minnesota
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:53 pm

The only non-reality TV shows I watch are CSI Miami and 24. 24 doesn't start it's new season until January. The reality shows I watch are Survivor, The Amazing Race, and The Biggest Loser. I'll watch American Idol this winter.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva


Number of posts : 7227
Location : In a book
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:24 am

One good thing about not watching TV is I never have to decide which programs to follow and which ones to avoid. The only TV I see is when the girls have it on. It is so nice and peaceful here. grinsmiley


Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna


Number of posts : 10769
Location : Meerkat Manor
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:43 am

I'm just happy to hear that 24 and LOST will be back.

I will watch American Idol but I don't care for the other reality shows.





Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5254
Location : Minnesota
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:11 pm

"24" is one if my favorite shows!!!!!!!!! It's difficult to wait until January for the start of each new season.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna


Number of posts : 10769
Location : Meerkat Manor
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:26 am

I wasn't even sure if it was going to be back. It seems like it's been more than a year since I've seen it on. The same thing with LOST.

We don't have too much longer to wait, Teresa. Right now it seems like forever, though





Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:52 am

I used to watch 24 but then got 'lost' after missing too many epies, LOL. I am a HUGE Lost fan Alice---I didn't realize you are too! We have to wait until February!! Yikes SO exciting that this is the final season and they're going to wrap things up....I hope the answers revealed will leave the fans with contentment, and not scratching our heads, you know? I don't want anything too 'contrived' you know what I mean? There are a LOT of unanswered questions though still, so it should be exciting to finally have those mysteries revealed! It has lost a lot of viewers because it's been confusing, but we are so die-hard in our family that we've stuck it out, and I'm SO glad we have. Thumbsup


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5254
Location : Minnesota
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:00 am

My husband and I watched Lost for the first 2 seasons. I think that we'll have to watch the series finale this spring. Amy or Alice, if either of you would like to give me a "quick" re-cap, right before the finale, I would appreciate it. LOL! Hopefully most of the main characters from the first 2 seasons are still on.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:34 am

Teresa wrote:
Amy or Alice, if either of you would like to give me a "quick" re-cap, right before the finale, I would appreciate it. LOL! Hopefully most of the main characters from the first 2 seasons are still on.

What do you think Alice? A 'quick re-cap' for LOST? scratchead Hmm...I think I'll let you handle that Alice, considering that would probably be a 20 page essay! Get coffee Teresa! Morningcoffee HeeHee

But yeah, MOST of the main characters from the first two seasons are still there. Jack & Kate, Sawyer, Locke, Hurley...Claire is 'missing' and we don't know where she is. I will say Teresa that the creators do an awesome job on recapping every season. The people who get 'lost' are the ones who really aren't putting 'enough' into it. I don't watch that many shows---I pick and choose, and have put a lot of energy, LOL, into this show. It helps to have my hubby & boys figuring things out along with me...they are more 'quick-witted' with this stuff than I am. Sometimes I have to be beaten over the head before I 'get' something. BatHit LOL! I'm not really sure if you're going to be able to jump in or not...it's a complicated series. But considering you did watch the first two seasons, I'm sure you'd find it interesting how it all ends too!

I've been thinking about net-flixing 24. It's a looooong series, but my sister loves it and says it's well worth it! I love Keifer Sutherland. I'd have to start from the beginning though---I've forgotten too much.


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5254
Location : Minnesota
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:52 am

My husband and I rented the entire series of "24" a few years ago to catch up. We started with season 1, and worked our way up. They're going to be on season 8 this year. It is, by far, the most intense show I've ever seen.

So, Claire is missing? Is she the one that had the baby on the island? Where is her child? I can't remember if she had a boy or a girl.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:07 pm

Teresa wrote:
So, Claire is missing? Is she the one that had the baby on the island? Where is her child? I can't remember if she had a boy or a girl.


'll write this in white in case there's anyone who might be watching and doesn't want a spoiler. I don't think there is, but just in case:

Yes, Claire is the one who has the baby. She is missing, but there is also the knowledge now that time travel is involved. Everyone got off the island, and Kate planned to raise Claire's son, Aaron. But terrible things started happening to everyone when they were all back home...it became apparent to all of them that they were never 'supposed' to leave the island...that the island was 'calling' them back. So now they're back on the island, and when they went back, they also went back in time. They're in 1970 something now. But they have these flashes where they go back into the future again too. As far as the romantic end of it, there is a love triangle between Kate & Jack & Sawyer. There's also another woman involved but we're to believe that she's dead. After all this time, I STILL don't know who I want Kate to be with---I love Jack and I love Sawyer (ahem, I tend to go for the bad boys batEyes )....so it should be interesting who she ends up with. I think she's 'supposed' to be with Jack though. What do you think of that Alice? Who do you want Kate with? And what are your thoughts Alice as far as how you think they're going to end the series? Any idea? I actually don't have any 'great predictions'. And who is your favorite character Alice? Mine is Ben.....I LOVE what he has brought to this show! I can't even imagine it without him now! I do love Locke though too. It'll be fun to chat with you about the show when it starts airing again! And Teresa, you too if you watch again! You might want to do some renting yourself though---there's still time to get 'somewhat' caught up anyway! Wink


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa


Last edited by Amy on Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor


Number of posts : 19957
Location : On my bike!!!
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:12 pm

LOL.....Amy, I think you shoud've used the spoiler box instead of white....You could go back and edit and instead of white as the color, type in 'wheat' since it is the color of this background....



CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:53 pm

Ok, I tried 'wheat', but I guess that's not a color it recognizes. Unless you were kidding? scratchead Not sure, LOL! I'm not finding the spoiler box...I've always just whited spoilers out on other forums. Yeah, this is still kind of seen, but it does alert someone not to read ahead if they really don't want to know...

Let me know where the spoiler box is please...I've searched and I just can't find it! Huh?


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor


Number of posts : 19957
Location : On my bike!!!
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:07 pm

You have to write it in..... spoiler <------highlight

[ color=wheat ] spoiler [ /color ] hug the brackets tho....

Spoiler box is listed under "Others"



CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5254
Location : Minnesota
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:14 pm

Actually, after reading the "spoiler," I don't think that it would spoil anything for anyone. It's kind of just an overall update. Where "Lost" is concerned, I don't think that there is ever anything to spoil, because everything is such a mystery on that show. It sounds like you're still trying to figure out what is really going on, like in the first 2 seasons. LOL! It always kind of leaves you hanging................if that makes sense.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:58 pm

I really wasn't excited about anything new on tv this season. I did want to watch "V" but it is on the night I have my late night at work. Other than that, I watch the "oldies but goodies:" the CSI series, Survivor, just wrapped up "The Amazing Race," Law & Order: SVU, stuff like that. I will not watch American Idol this season. It's lost its "savor" for me.



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna


Number of posts : 10769
Location : Meerkat Manor
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:36 pm

Amy wrote:
Teresa wrote:
So, Claire is missing? Is she the one that had the baby on the island? Where is her child? I can't remember if she had a boy or a girl.


'll write this in white in case there's anyone who might be watching and doesn't want a spoiler. I don't think there is, but just in case:

Yes, Claire is the one who has the baby. She is missing, but there is also the knowledge now that time travel is involved. Everyone got off the island, and Kate planned to raise Claire's son, Aaron. But terrible things started happening to everyone when they were all back home...it became apparent to all of them that they were never 'supposed' to leave the island...that the island was 'calling' them back. So now they're back on the island, and when they went back, they also went back in time. They're in 1970 something now. But they have these flashes where they go back into the future again too. As far as the romantic end of it, there is a love triangle between Kate & Jack & Sawyer. There's also another woman involved but we're to believe that she's dead. After all this time, I STILL don't know who I want Kate to be with---I love Jack and I love Sawyer (ahem, I tend to go for the bad boys batEyes )....so it should be interesting who she ends up with. I think she's 'supposed' to be with Jack though. What do you think of that Alice? Who do you want Kate with? And what are your thoughts Alice as far as how you think they're going to end the series? Any idea? I actually don't have any 'great predictions'. And who is your favorite character Alice? Mine is Ben.....I LOVE what he has brought to this show! I can't even imagine it without him now! I do love Locke though too. It'll be fun to chat with you about the show when it starts airing again! And Teresa, you too if you watch again! You might want to do some renting yourself though---there's still time to get 'somewhat' caught up anyway! Wink
I'm so confused about the show as well, Amy. There is alot that I have forgotten so I don't think I would be able to update anyone about the show. My favorite character is Sawyer, that bad boy thing I guess . I really liked Charlie and was so sad when he died.

I have no idea how the series is going to end. I just hope it doesn't turn out that it was all a dream (that's been done).

I would like to see Kate with Jack, I think he would treat her the best.

No one in my house but me watches LOST so I have no one to try and figure things out with. They will probably do another update of the previous seasons, which is hard to follow, because you're trying to read and watch at the same time.

I hope this post makes sense, I feel like I've rambled





Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna


Number of posts : 10769
Location : Meerkat Manor
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:39 pm

Amy wrote:
Ok, I tried 'wheat', but I guess that's not a color it recognizes. Unless you were kidding? scratchead Not sure, LOL! I'm not finding the spoiler box...I've always just whited spoilers out on other forums. Yeah, this is still kind of seen, but it does alert someone not to read ahead if they really don't want to know...

Let me know where the spoiler box is please...I've searched and I just can't find it! Huh?

I had to highlight it in order to read it. It worked quite well until I accidentally moved the mouse .





Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:18 pm

Rhonda wrote:
You have to write it in..... spoiler <------highlight

[ color=wheat ] spoiler [ /color ] hug the brackets tho....

Spoiler box is listed under "Others"

Oh, OTHERS! I never checked that. greenS And I did write in 'wheat', but I think I accidently wrote in in the /color part too! Ooops Thanks!

Alice wrote:
I have no idea how the series is going to end. I just hope it doesn't turn out that it was all a dream (that's been done).

I would like to see Kate with Jack, I think he would treat her the best.

No one in my house but me watches LOST so I have no one to try and figure things out with. They will probably do another update of the previous seasons, which is hard to follow, because you're trying to read and watch at the same time.

I hope this post makes sense, I feel like I've rambled


Oh, I definitely like Sawyer too. batEyes Should be VERY interesting to see how this all ends up...it was obvious he was still totally in love with Kate while he was with Juliet, and Juliet knew it. And yeah, Alice, I'm going to need that re-cap myself...it's hard to rememer a lot of this stuff when you have to wait THIS many months between seasons! We actually own this series, and will get season 5 when it comes out. (I think that's right---5? scratchead ). I've actually watched through the series so far a couple of times, LOL (that's how much I love the show), so I SHOULD have everything figured out, right? Whistle Nope.

Also, actually last season for the re-cap, the producers/writers narrated all of that, which really helped a lot. Too bad no one in the fam likes to watch it with you Alice! I'll chat about it whenever you'd like! Smile OH, and how could I forget my other favorite?! Desmond!! I LOVE Desmond and Penny together!! He is a wonderful actor and great character. Hmm, and then there's Sayid---love him too. LOL, Ok, I guess it's safe to say that I pretty much love them all! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:22 pm

Teresa wrote:
Actually, after reading the "spoiler," I don't think that it would spoil anything for anyone. It's kind of just an overall update. Where "Lost" is concerned, I don't think that there is ever anything to spoil, because everything is such a mystery on that show. It sounds like you're still trying to figure out what is really going on, like in the first 2 seasons. LOL! It always kind of leaves you hanging................if that makes sense.

On my other board, I'd get chewed out for writing things and not putting them in white, so I guess I'm paranoid! Yikes


And yep, we're always left hanging, and it's pretty much unpredictable. I know several times our family has guessed at what things could mean, and we've been wrong. Sometimes I've actually gone to the Lost forums (I don't post, but read), because some of the people on those are REALLY smart and have great concepts of where the show is going. BUT, part of me really does not want to be spoiled...I just want to watch as clueless little me and be surprised in the end! Like Alice said though, they better not have just been dreaming---I can't even IMAGINE the writers doing sth as lame as that. And for a long time a lot of people have guessed that they're all just DEAD and are in purgatory. But there again, that seems pretty contrived now, since so many people have guessed at that. But I suppose anything is possible.


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5987
Location : A Buckeye in Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:58 am

Amy wrote:
I will say Teresa that the creators do an awesome job on recapping every season.

I hope they start recapping or having the enhanced episodes in January to set things up for the new season.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:08 am

I'll bet they do that Lori...I think they did that last season---I can't remember now. I know they did show previous episodes right before the current episodes last season. At least they recognize that those people who miss an episode here and there are going to feel like they're going to be totally 'lost'. Have you watched the series all the way through Lori?


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna


Number of posts : 10769
Location : Meerkat Manor
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:33 am

Amy wrote:


Oh, I definitely like Sawyer too. batEyes Should be VERY interesting to see how this all ends up...it was obvious he was still totally in love with Kate while he was with Juliet, and Juliet knew it. And yeah, Alice, I'm going to need that re-cap myself...it's hard to rememer a lot of this stuff when you have to wait THIS many months between seasons! We actually own this series, and will get season 5 when it comes out. (I think that's right---5? scratchead ). I've actually watched through the series so far a couple of times, LOL (that's how much I love the show), so I SHOULD have everything figured out, right? Whistle Nope.

Also, actually last season for the re-cap, the producers/writers narrated all of that, which really helped a lot. Too bad no one in the fam likes to watch it with you Alice! I'll chat about it whenever you'd like! Smile OH, and how could I forget my other favorite?! Desmond!! I LOVE Desmond and Penny together!! He is a wonderful actor and great character. Hmm, and then there's Sayid---love him too. LOL, Ok, I guess it's safe to say that I pretty much love them all! Laughing

Oh, I love Desmond, too. I could listen to him talk for hours, love his accent. I hope him and Penny will be together, hard to tell who's still there and who's not. I really like Sayid, too and I like Anna Lucia. Like you said, Amy, I just like them all

I saw on t.v. where season 5 is coming soon. I would love the buy all the seasons but I bet they're expensive.





Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5987
Location : A Buckeye in Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:57 pm

Amy wrote:
Have you watched the series all the way through Lori?
..

Haven't missed an episode. grinsmiley


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:33 pm

I don't really watch T.V anymore..Nothing that i care to sit down and watch....I seen some of Modern Family" but i found it quit stupid..I did try to watch the new 90210 but i just could't get into it..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Fall TV line-up, 2009   Today at 1:15 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Fall TV line-up, 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» WTS Pro-Line Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Lexan Body
» Gerard Butler Covers 'Esquire' August 2009
» Newbie question about upgrading a PAS 3 line amplifer only.
» LIBYA ABOUT TO FALL ! KHADAFI'S LAST DAYS
» Charcoal canister line

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Pen & Plow’s Entertainment Section :: Television, Movies & Hollywood News-
Jump to: