HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

So *that* explains it....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53816
Mood :

PostSubject: So *that* explains it....   Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:12 pm

All last week, I couldn't figure out why the cats' food was disappearing so quickly. They were going through much, much more food than usual! And even though their appetites do increase with cooler weather, they don't turn into moose appetites! Well, earlier today, I was working downstairs, and I heard strange noises coming from the other room - loud thumping and then it sounded like a few things falling.... So I went to see what was going on. I walked into the room and could not believe my eyes. There.....on the small table where the cat food bowl is......I found my dog.....trying to fit ALL of her extremely chubby self on the little table while she ate the cat food!

We had to put the cat food bowl on a small table to begin with because Brianna couldn't resist the temptation of the tasty morsels of cat food.....I guess we're going to have to figure something else out!

Last edited by Savannah on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 6799
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: So *that* explains it....   Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:17 pm

ROTFL Savannah that is too funny! I know my dog is the same way when it comes to cat food. have you tried putting the cat's food into a box that your dog can't get into, or up at a higher location?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Number of posts : 8657
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: So *that* explains it....   Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:24 pm

Ha! Too funny Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva

Number of posts : 7230
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: So *that* explains it....   Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:13 pm

Well, at least she's not eating out of the litter box. :gross:

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5919
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: So *that* explains it....   Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:29 pm

Drive her nuts and put it under a colander. Then I bet you have a little "group" ready to eat every morsal when its removed.

My cat will run our dog off her food. She doesn't worry about the water, but her food means the world to her. She even bellows if she has food around the edges, but can see the bottom. She is high maintance!!

It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53816
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: So *that* explains it....   Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:33 pm

Thomas was that way when I first adopted him. If there was even a hint of an empty spot at the bottom of the bowl, he would sit by the bowl and MEOW...MEOW....MEOW.....Louder and louder until I filled it. He's getting older now, though, and I think he's finally figured out that he doesn't have to worry about the food supply. Opie....he's so goofy that he doesn't care if Brianna eats the food up, just so long as I'm willing to re-fill the bowl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13379
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: So *that* explains it....   Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:35 am

Too funny Savannah! Laughing

I don't have a cat, but my Beagle Jenna is ALL over our Retriever's food. I don't know why, but Beagles are very obsessed with food...they inhale it, and then want more and more. My sister's had 4 or 5 Beagles over the years and they've all been the same way! Jenna will eat all her food, then pick up the bowl and take it to the back door, thinking she'll get more (which she never does, but she can't help trying! Wink ). Anyway, my Retriever Chelsey takes her own sweet time and chews every piece thoroughly, while Jenna lies next to Chelsey's bowl and eyes her with her sad little Beagle eyes, just waiting for her to drop one! Which NEVER happens, LOL! Then when Chelsey is done, Jenna licks the whole bowl clean! Laughing My hubby thinks we should try an experiment to see if Jenna ever stops eating if we just keep filling her bowl! LOL, I doubt it!! Whistle

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So *that* explains it....   Today at 5:19 pm

Back to top Go down

So *that* explains it....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1