Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

i remember i remember

Go down 
+18
julmer70
Davetucson
alexczarn
amyk
easyt72000
Krissy
Honeybee
bethandmanly
Robinsgirl
Kristina
GrandDuchessOlga
Vanesa
emilyanneoftheprairie
HarrisonCrosby4387
Carol
LM
jes9
charles ingalls
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : i remember i remember - Page 2 Headac10

i remember i remember - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i remember i remember   i remember i remember - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 4:45 pm

Wasn't the actress who plays young Caroline the same who played anna?

This was such a good one, Thumbsup

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : i remember i remember - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: i remember i remember   i remember i remember - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 5:07 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
Wasn't the actress who plays young Caroline the same who played anna?

Yep.

i remember i remember - Page 2 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : i remember i remember - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: i remember i remember   i remember i remember - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 8:52 pm

Was right.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : i remember i remember - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: i remember i remember   i remember i remember - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 2:57 pm

I've watched this one 20 times and it never gets old....In my opinion, possibly the sweetest episode that was ever filmed on Little House. It's uncanny how these two were so believable as Charles and Caroline.
i remember i remember - Page 2 Matt_i10

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301

PostSubject: Re: i remember i remember   i remember i remember - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 10:36 pm

I have this one on my DVR...they played it on insp a couple of days ago. I never get tired of watching this one!  Love 
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: i remember i remember   i remember i remember - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 2:21 pm

Nice Vid

Back to top Go down
whitelighter
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 77

PostSubject: Re: i remember i remember   i remember i remember - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 1:49 am

I'm a stickler when it comes to continuity. They also should've kept this episode istorically accurate out of respect for Laura Ingalls Wilder.

Charles was 17 & Caroline was 13 when the Ingalls moved to Concord, Wisconsin. They could've written more of an Almanzo/Laura type romance at first, and spanned three or four years.. It might not've had the same cutesy Hollywood appeal, but it would've stayed consistent "The Love of Johnny Johnson".
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: i remember i remember   i remember i remember - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 6:52 am

I just don't think it would have been the same without this!!

i remember i remember - Page 2 I_r_210

Back to top Go down
whitelighter
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: i remember i remember   i remember i remember - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 3:44 am

Guess I should've known people wouldn't take this issue seriously. I'll bet producers figured  'anyting to increase ratings'.  Many viewers would be children. Being respectful to Laura Ingalls Wildher took a back seat. Not to mention this episode contradicts what was said in "The Love of Johnny Johnson'.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: i remember i remember   i remember i remember - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 7:17 am

Seems as though Jack is fiction also, along with Albert and Adam, and of course Jonathon Garvey and his family were dreamed up also. I don't think respect has anything to do with it. What is there to take seriously? Everyone knows that the TV Show was loosely based on the books. They took what they could from the books and embellished on the rest.

To say that Michael Landon disrespected Laura Ingalls is a travesty. That series is one of the most beloved ever made for television. And if you don't think it hasn't kept Laura's name alive for all these years, I simply think you are mistaken. Disrepectful? I don't think so.....

This is from a review of the new book that was just published.......

“I couldn’t believe that Pa traded Jack off,” Pamela Smith Hill says by phone from Portland, Ore. “I had to read that a couple of times.”

So Jack is “essentially a fictional creation,” not part of his pioneering family’s trek West in the late 1800s.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
i remember i remember - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

PostSubject: Re: i remember i remember   i remember i remember - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 7:24 am

The thing is, Laura's entire series of books were fictionalized accounts of the events as well - she said so herself. I don't believe that Michael Landon was disrespectful of her work. His show wasn't an exact replica of her fictional tales, it was an adaptation of her books, and it helped to introduce generations of children to the wonderful stories inside. I look at it as a win-win situation. You get a great, family-friendly, faith-encouraging TV show, and a wonderful series of fictional work to enjoy as well.
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
i remember i remember - Page 2 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265

PostSubject: Re: i remember i remember   i remember i remember - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 11:42 pm

Absolutely well said, Savannah! Applause

I loved this episode! It was a lot of fun seeing Charles and Caroline when they were younger. I thought that Katy Kurtzman did a very good job acting in this one, even better than when she played Anna in the music box episode. Oh, and of course Matt did a great job playing Charles... only my mind kept saying "what is Albert doing in here?" HeeHee

I loved how the episode kept going back and forth  from scenes with Ma and the girls, to flashback scenes of her and Charles as she told them stories of when they were younger. Very nice episode! Thumbsup

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

i remember i remember - Page 2 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : i remember i remember - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: i remember i remember   i remember i remember - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 11:26 am

Thing is, Jack was a real part of the Ingalls' family.....just not a shaggy dog as they had in the TV show.  Jack was a (and I cringe as I say this because of the bad rep these beautiful dogs have gotten through the years, (and I'm sure many here don't like them either)) Bull Terrier (Pit Bull)....Pa had him to protect his family when he went out hunting, and he came in useful while on their travels.  Laura tells of the story of the Indians coming into their home while Pa was away.  Jack protected his family and the Indians were afraid of him...NOT because he was a Pit Bull, but because he was SO dedicated to his family and extremely protective of them.  When Pa left and told Jack to watch out for the family, Jack took his job seriously..... 

i remember i remember - Page 2 Fd4941203ad7007d328d2a1c91248152

"Pit Bulls accompanied pioneer families on their explorations. Laura Ingalls Wilder of the popular Little House on the Prairie books owned a Pit Bulldog named Jack. Famous individuals like Theodore Roosevelt and Helen Keller owned the breed. It was during this time that the Pit Bull truly became America's sweetheart breed, admired, respected and loved"

i remember i remember - Page 2 Rhonda10i remember i remember - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
i remember i remember - Page 2 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265

PostSubject: Re: i remember i remember   i remember i remember - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 11:33 am

Interesting Rhonda, I thought that Jack was a bulldog from reading the books. And pit bulls are one of the sweetest breeds... my dog is a pit bull mix. i remember i remember - Page 2 Puppy-kisses-smiley

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

i remember i remember - Page 2 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : i remember i remember - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: i remember i remember   i remember i remember - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 11:55 am

We had a Pit when I was growing up....I have a Pit now; actually belongs to one of my military boys since he never knows when he'll be deployed.  The other 2 boys have Pits as well....the sweetest things around....By the way, they were known years ago as "The Nanny Dog" because they were so good at watching and guarding the children in the home.....
 Love

i remember i remember - Page 2 Rhonda10i remember i remember - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
whitelighter
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: i remember i remember   i remember i remember - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 11:51 pm

The series, as a whole, was a token of respect to LIW, but some of the changes I found disrespectful. We may just have to agree to disagree on that. Of course some things would have to be modified from the books, but they could've made more of an attempt than they did to stay closer to the books.

For the most part, I thought "I Remember! I Remember!" was a sappy, predictable, poorly-acted ratings-grabber. A more historical account of Charles & Caroline would've been more fitting, & possible more interesting if they'd gotten actors who looked like Landon & Grassle.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

PostSubject: Re: i remember i remember   i remember i remember - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 11:40 am

This is one of my favorite episodes of Little House on the Prairie, it was neat to see how Charles and Caroline met. It was funny to see Charles acting out in class too, you wouldn't exactly have expected that from the man Charles was in most of the episodes of the show.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: i remember i remember   i remember i remember - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 11:40 pm

I keep forgetting that Jack the dog is different from the book.

I knew the young Caroline looked familiar. So, she played Anna in the music box. Did she played a different character?

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 538

PostSubject: Re: i remember i remember   i remember i remember - Page 2 EmptyFri May 21, 2021 11:50 pm

Watched this one yesterday. I didn't remember it all that well, as I had not seen it for a long time. Not really one of my favorites. I didn't like having to hear/see young Charles getting beaten constantly by that horrid teacher. And then by the boys. It just seemed like so much of the episode was about beating on young Charles. I am glad his pa apparently was able to put a stop to the teacher beating Charles.

I also was not really clear why young Caroline actually liked Charles....he did seem kind of a strange boy! But I guess she saw something inside.

It also seemed like grown-up Ma was not all that concerned about Charles being so late. Remembering what happened to young Charles when he was late for the dance would only add to my concern, I think!

Matthew Labyorteux (I never know how to spell his name!) and the girl who played young Caroline both did their parts well, even if the episode is not one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i remember i remember   i remember i remember - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

i remember i remember
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2