Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blooper?

Go down 
+22
Shell
alexczarn
littlehousefan200
easyt72000
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Gin
jes9
Krissy
Honeybee
Ruth
RoseRed
charles ingalls
LHFanForever
Vanesa
rana
Rhonda
Prairie Dweller
Lori
Savannah
ChristinaAL
Carol
bethandmanly
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Blooper? Bokmal10

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Oops, a blooper   Blooper? EmptySun Feb 25, 2007 9:58 pm

I am going to start bring these posts over as I can, but there are 5 pages so it might take me a little while. The old forum is working great tonight, but it's the first time I've been able to access it for days.

Cheryl

bethandmanly wrote:
I thought it would be neat to create a bloopers thread.

Yesterday I was watching "A Child with No Name" and Laura's narrative starts out saying they were celebrating Rose's birthday and Christmas. Well, In "A Christmas They Never Forgot" Laura was still pregnant with Rose and in "Days of Sunshine, Days of Shadow" it wasn't quite harvest time yet, so how could they be celebrating Rose's birthday around Christmas time? Of course the real Rose Wilder was born on December 5, so it would have made sense if they followed real events.

As an aside, Laura also mentions in this episode that Baby Wilder was born in the spring of 1889, but he was born in the summer. [Just a little bit of Wilder history, in case you didn't know it]

Rhonda wrote:
Yeah, there were a lot of writer inconsistancies, and I am usually the first one to say that anytime they got new writers for the show, they should have been required to sit down and WATCH each and every episode so they would know what had been written about and how it had been written. The real biggie for me is the Royal Wilder incident. We have Almanzo introducing Laura to Royal, his wife, and two awful brat kids.... Then in a much later episode, we have Almanzo introducing Laura to Royal and Jenny for the FIRST time and Laura saying to Royal that she is so glad to finally meet him......DUH!!!

In real life, Almanzo and Royal lived in the same town as Laura and her family during the long winter, and she would've known Royal when she was around 14 years old. And then, Almanzo actually married BEFORE Royal and not after, so Royal would NOT have had 2 boys older than Rose.....
[banghead]

AllieCat wrote:
It's so funny that once you sit and watch episodes one after the other, you start to notice the inconsistencies...here's one, but kind of minor...

When the Ingalls "formally" adopt Albert, the adoption papers say it's 1882. Then later on in "Whatever happened to the class of '56?" we assume it's 1881, as Charles and Caroline are going to their 25th high school reunion!

How many more can we find?

bethandmanly wrote:
Well the biggie is of course the one where they say Albert came back to Walnut Grove as a doctor, but then in "Look Back to Yesterday" we're supposed to assume he died. And of course how could he have come back to a town that had been blown to bits? [banghead]

flatbroke4ever wrote:
This isn't really a blooper, just poor episode scheduling!
I am watching lhop on Hallmark..The first episode was "The Race", where Laura has gotten Bunny back after Nellie has her accident....and the second one is where Nellie HAS her accident! If you're new to the series and watch this, you'd be thinking "She WON the race..how did she lose her horse?" lol

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   Blooper? EmptySun Feb 25, 2007 9:59 pm

Teresa wrote:
Also, not on Hallmark, but my local station will sometimes put on Country Girls before Harvest of Friends. Caroline hasn't met Mrs. Oleson in Harvest of Friends. She meets her for the first time in Country Girls. If they aire Country Girls first, it doesn't make any sense, because in Harvest of Friends, Charles and Caroline are talking about The Olesons' and Charles says, "YOU haven't met Mrs. Oleson." Did that make sense? I always catch that one. Harvest of Friends should always be the very first episode of LHOTP, besides the Pilot.

Teresa wrote:
I meant to say besides the Pilot movie.

Cathy wrote:
I heard that for the original Star Trek series, the writers actually kept a log book, detailing the synapses of each show and character, in order to minimize inconsistancies. Too bad LHOTP didn't follow suit. Between that, and the recycling of numerous guest appearances by actors playing a different persona each time, the show sacrificed a lot of credibility as time went on.

PS: I know I haven't been writing much lately on this MB, but I am still lurking! Just want to say Hi to y'all!

Rhonda wrote:
Cathy wrote:
I heard that for the original Star Trek series, the writers actually kept a log book, detailing the synapses of each show and character, in order to minimize inconsistancies. Too bad LHOTP didn't follow suit. Between that, and the recycling of numerous guest appearances by actors playing a different persona each time, the show sacrificed a lot of credibility as time went on.

PS: I know I haven't been writing much lately on this MB, but I am still lurking! Just want to say Hi to y'all!

Hi Cathy!!! Don't be a stranger.......If you re-read your message, I highligted a couple of words there....I had to laugh at an innocent pun here!!! LOL

Darcy wrote:
flatbroke4ever wrote:
I am watching lhop on Hallmark..The first episode was "The Race", where Laura has gotten Bunny back after Nellie has her accident....and the second one is where Nellie HAS her accident! If you're new to the series and watch this, you'd be thinking "She WON the race..how did she lose her horse?" lol

These episodes are out of order on the DVD too!

AllieCat wrote:
Here's another one for our collection...

In Country Girls, Laura goes to school for the first time and tells Miss Beadle she can't write. And in Harvest of Friends she says "If I had a rememberance book..."

But then in the 3-part Little House Years (not on the DVD collection) when the family is sitting at the table on Thanksgiving, Laura is looking through her Rememberance Book! And she says she wrote something like "We go today" when they left Kansas. Well, they left Kansas and traveled on to Minn. And if she didn't know how to write before she went to school in Minn., how could she have written in a rememberance book when they lived in Kansas?!!

Opps!

Carol wrote:
[rotfl] I caught that too Allison. That's a good one.

Vanesa wrote:
AllieCat wrote:
Here's another one for our collection...

In Country Girls, Laura goes to school for the first time and tells Miss Beadle she can't write. And in Harvest of Friends she says "If I had a rememberance book..."

But then in the 3-part Little House Years (not on the DVD collection) when the family is sitting at the table on Thanksgiving, Laura is looking through her Rememberance Book! And she says she wrote something like "We go today" when they left Kansas. Well, they left Kansas and traveled on to Minn. And if she didn't know how to write before she went to school in Minn., how could she have written in a rememberance book when they lived in Kansas?!!

Opps!

Yes! I alway get upset when I see this one!

But in her "Little House Books", Laura wrote that she only knew how to write and read in Walnut Grove School...and researchers found that actually she knew how to read a little since she was 5, at Big Woods. She went to scholl along with sister Mary (Barry Corner's School). So, her statesment that "they were two wild indians seven and nine years old on her own by the first time..." when she went to Miss beadle School was not true... [shocked] :mrgreen:

Vanesa.

[quote="flatbroke4ever"]
Darcy wrote:
flatbroke4ever wrote:

These episodes are out of order on the DVD too!

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   Blooper? EmptySun Feb 25, 2007 10:00 pm

You're right, they are. Seems I remember reading something about the show being pre-empted, so the show couldn't be watched, so they re-aired it at a later date, putting them out of order.

Darcy wrote:
In the episode "The Rivals", Laura has the hots for Jimmy Hill and puts apples in her dress to look older. In the episode "The Return of Nellie", she is reminiscing with Almanzo about doing that, and says the boys name is Jeremy Dodds!

Carol wrote:
I have NEVER seen that scene when she is talking to Almanzo about Jimmy Hill. Another scene I have missed! [sad]

Misti wrote:
Darcy wrote:
In the episode "The Rivals", Laura has the hots for Jimmy Hill and puts apples in her dress to look older. In the episode "The Return of Nellie", she is reminiscing with Almanzo about doing that, and says the boys name is Jeremy Dodds!

Yes, I remember her talking to Almanzo about it and she did give the incorrect name of the boy she liked. That irritated me, too. Bad part on the writers! [angry]

Misti

bethandmanly wrote:
Darcy wrote:

I remember that too, but at least they got the "J" right! :tongue:

flatbroke4ever wrote:
Dang, you people got good memories about that stuff!
The one I got isn't a blooper, but it was a little far out there..I watched "The Monster of Walnut Grove" today, and the ending with the headless horseman...that's just a TAD wild for me! lol

Liz wrote:
I used to have a list for every season that had bloopers and nitpicks for each episode. I have since misplaced it but I have been watching Season 9 and my nitpick is that in the previous season Laura always called Almanzo, Manly. Now in this season she is always calling him Manzo and he never calls her Beth anymore. And that Royal episode just made me so mad! Royal even says that Jenny has no other family! Well, what happened to her big brothers! [banghead]

Amy wrote:
Wow Liz, you are SO right about that Manzo thing, and him not calling her Beth! I never really noticed that before...what's up with THAT??? So many changed is season 9, it's ridiculous! Hey Liz, nice to see you posting again! Hope things are going a little better for you. ;)

Liz wrote:
Thanks Amy! It's getting a little better day by day.

bethandmanly wrote:
Amy wrote:
Wow Liz, you are SO right about that Manzo thing, and him not calling her Beth! I never really noticed that before...what's up with THAT??? So many changed is season 9, it's ridiculous!

Don't you think the new writers should have paid attention to at least the past three seasons? :violent1:

LHDaisy wrote:
I never noticed it that Laura started to call Almanzo, Manzo. That is so strange, what's wrong with the good old Manly ;) . That stuff bothers me also, like using wrong names, family's who completely change (like you name that one of Royal) [banghead]

Rana wrote:
Rhonda wrote:
The real biggie for me is the Royal Wilder incident. We have Almanzo introducing Laura to Royal, his wife, and two awful brat kids.... Then in a much later episode, we have Almanzo introducing Laura to Royal and Jenny for the FIRST time and Laura saying to Royal that she is so glad to finally meet him......DUH!!!

This Royal-thing bothered me a long time, but I found a solution: In the TV show there must be 2 different Wilder-boys called Royal. This would explain, why Royal in the episode "The Nephews" looks completely different from the Royal in "Times Are Changing". It also makes sense, that Almanzo introduces Royal to Laura twice. We don't have to wonder anymore, why Royal never mentioned his sons or why Jenny is around 10 years old, when she meets Laura and Almanzo first, but Rose, who was born max. 2 years after the Nephews-episode is still a baby/toddler (Can't find the right term for a little child...).

As long as I don't begin asking, why the screenwriters needed a second brother named Royal in the show, I can live with that. :smt080

Rana wrote:
There is another kind of inconsistancies, I found in many episodes: Sometimes, a house is shown from outside to herald in a scene that playes inside.

So in "Sweet Sixteen" the little house is shown by night with illuminated windows only downstairs. The next thing we see is Laura and Ma, talking in the attic and of course they have a burning lamp there.

Or in "He loves me, he loves me not - Part 2": We see the Wilder's house by night with all windows illuminated. Next scene shows Almanzo, sitting alone in the living room and waiting for his belated sister.
Doesn't he think about the waste of lamp oil or even more about the fire hazard, that he turned on the lamps everywhere in the house, also in the sleeping rooms upstairs and he is the only one person in the house? [shocked]
Lori wrote:
I agree about the lamps. It has always bothered my that they show so many illuminated windows. They would have used lamps very sparingly back then. They certainly wouldn't have left lamps burning in rooms with no one in them.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   Blooper? EmptySun Feb 25, 2007 10:19 pm

ChristinaAL wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:
Well the biggie is of course the one where they say Albert came back to Walnut Grove as a doctor, but then in "Look Back to Yesterday" we're supposed to assume he died. And of course how could he have come back to a town that had been blown to bits? [banghead]

That absolutely does it for me! GRR!! [angry]

Don't worry, I'm not mean. Really I'm not. LOL :)

Rach wrote:
I don't know if this is right or not, but I was just watching 'Runaway Caboose' and Carl is talking about how great it was to be seeing a real train. Then they show him at Oleson's playing with a toy train, doing the 'chuga chuga choo choo' sound. I was under the impression he'd never seen a train, and if that was so, how'd he know what sound it made? :?:

bethandmanly wrote:
All the talk about Caroline's versus Nellie's Restaurant got me to thinking of a possible blooper. In the episode, Here Comes the Brides Nellie took off with Luke Simms to get married. Harriet comes into the living room where Nels is reading the newspaper and Willie is looking at slides in a whatever that thing is called (LOL!). She entered from the dining room which is off the kitchen and is wiping her hands on a towel. She asks Willie to go tell Nellie that supper is ready, giving the impression that she was cooking. It is highly unlikely Nels could have been cooking because he was reading the paper, and it was Harriet who knew supper was almost ready, and whose hands were being wiped off.

So my nitpick is, when did Harriet learn to cook, and why did she forget how after that? :scratch:

Savannah wrote:
LOL! Knowing how to cook well for a family, and knowing how to cook well for a restaurant crowd are a little bit different, though. (Unless you have a REALLY large family who order different things to eat at the same meal) ;)

bethandmanly wrote:
Savannah wrote:
LOL! Knowing how to cook well for a family, and knowing how to cook well for a restaurant crowd are a little bit different, though. (Unless you have a REALLY large family who order different things to eat at the same meal) ;)

I agree with you there Savannah, but if you remember in the episode where she and Nels have an argument and he goes out on the road to sell things, she can't cook then either. After staying at Molly's boarding house and telling the girl that he is married, Nels goes back home and Harriet who has been feverishly trying to prepare a roast has burnt it to a crisp. And references were made in more than one episode that Nels did the cooking, so it seemed unlikely to me that Harriet were able to cook...ever.

Savannah wrote:
That's true........I'd forgotten that! Well, the writers just needed to listen to you more, that's all! :mrgreen:

bethandmanly wrote:
Savannah wrote:
That's true........I'd forgotten that! Well, the writers just needed to listen to you more, that's all! :mrgreen:

I think they needed to listen to all the fans more, especially when Season 9 came around. New writers - [angry].

Savannah wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:
Savannah wrote:

I think they needed to listen to all the fans more, especially when Season 9 came around. New writers - [angry].

Definitely! [clap]

lilly wrote:
This really isn't a blooper, but The Third Miracle aired recently...and in it Adam makes such a big deal about how he "hates making speeches"....then he goes and becomes a lawyer! Not exactly the profession for someone who doesn't like speaking in front of others!

Lori wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:
She entered from the dining room which is off the kitchen and is wiping her hands on a towel. She asks Willie to go tell Nellie that supper is ready, giving the impression that she was cooking. It is highly unlikely Nels could have been cooking because he was reading the paper, and it was Harriet who knew supper was almost ready, and whose hands were being wiped off.

So my nitpick is, when did Harriet learn to cook, and why did she forget how after that? :scratch:

Just because she said dinner was ready doesn't mean that it would be edible! [rotfl]

LHDaisy wrote:
LOL Lori :mrgreen:

Willie as a kid was the shortest of the Oleson's, but he always seemed to eat the whole thing that was on the table

Rana wrote:
lilly wrote:
This really isn't a blooper, but The Third Miracle aired recently...

But this is really a blooper in this episode:
After the stage coach crashed, Adam was fixed under the vehicle and Etta Plum's heavily pregnant twin sister (Sorry, I forgot her name) was inside and couldn't move because of some broken ribs.
When Mary went to bring help, she left the only water-bottle with Adam and told him to share it with the injured women.
But any of them was able to move, so how should the bottle come from one to the other?

Rana wrote:
Another thing, what always bothers me is in "The Lost Ones (1)" [banghead]

Charles told Caroline that James and Cassandra would live with them until a new family for the orphans is found and Caroline starts to prepare the little house for the guests.
Almanzo helps her with bringing bedspreads and mattresses. He told her, the stuff came from Olesons Mercantile but it was for free as Nels felt sypathy with the orphans too.

Hello? What happened here?
The orphans were scheduled as temporary guests at this time. Why it was nessersary to get new beds when it should be enough to borrow them?
And when Almanzo already is involved in that beds-for-the-kids-thing, why didn't he offer his own unused beds (from the room, his nephews slept in during their memorable stay) instead of asking around?
Wouldn't it be normal to help his parents in law this way if not offering them to share his even bigger house with the orphans or at least some of Lauras siblings?

It seems the writers completely switched off their common sence again... [banghead]

Rana wrote:
Seems to be my nitpickers day today... 8)

We all know that Baby Grace always had her place in the kitchen, when Caroline was working at the restaurant. But in "The Lost Ones", when Cassandra spent her day with Caroline at the restaurant, because she was too afraid to go to school, Grace was not there.
The same in the episode "The Reincarnation of Nellie": We can see Caroline coming into town in the morning with all their kids but without Grace.
What happens with her, when all others are at work or at school? [shocked]

A babysitter is never mentioned. Perhaps they kept her locked-in into the chicken cage over the day? :think:

Savannah wrote:
Or nailed her skirt to the roof................

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   Blooper? EmptySun Feb 25, 2007 10:20 pm

Rana wrote:
Maybe it's not a blooper at all or maybe only a mistake by the translaters, who wrote the dialogues for the synchronized LHOTP version here, but I was wondering about it:
At the very end of "A Wiser Heart" Laura buys a ticket to Walnut Grove.
I cannot remember a railway-station in or nearby Walnut Grove. Does the Railway sell tickets for the stagecoach as well? Or is it a translation-error indeed?

flatbroke4ever wrote:
Seems I remember her saying that too...that's a good question!

bride48 wrote:
It's not a translation error; I caught that too!

Prairie Dweller wrote:
At the beginning of season two we can see the bank, but the bank isn't introduced until eigthth episode. In the eighth episode (Ebinezer Sprague) Charles and Lars are building the bank.

What happened to Miss Beadle's boyfriend (Four Eyes)?

Gloria wrote:
Rana wrote:

But this is really a blooper in this episode:
After the stage coach crashed, Adam was fixed under the vehicle and Etta Plum's heavily pregnant twin sister (Sorry, I forgot her name) was inside and couldn't move because of some broken ribs.
When Mary went to bring help, she left the only water-bottle with Adam and told him to share it with the injured women.
But any of them was able to move, so how should the bottle come from one to the other?

I'm not really one to notice bloopers, but this one always bugged me. I always pictured the two of them tossing it back and forth to each other over the side of the stagecoach! :laughing9:

Gloria wrote:

Another one I don't think has been mentioned: at the end of Sweet Sixteen, at the dance, Charles and Caroline are talking about Laura and Almanzo getting together and she says soon they'll be calling him grandpa (or something like that), and they start laughing about it. If I'm not mistaken, this is taking place not that long after Mary's baby died in the fire, and they sound as if they'd never had a grandchild before, particularly one who had died so tragically. Maybe not technically a blooper, but it always annoys me when I see it.

I agree 100%. That is something that has always bothered me. How could the writers put something like that in? It made Charles and Caroline seem insensitive to the fact that their grandson had perished in a fire. I can't imagine how I would have ended the episode, but that certainly wouldn't have been it. [angry]
Savannah wrote:
If we gave you five minutes, Cheryl, with your talent for writing, you'd have a better ending than their's. That was a really insensitive, thoughtless blunder on the part of the writers.

bethandmanly wrote:
I was watching The Nephews last night - you know, the infamous episode where Royal and Millie Wilder leave their little angels, Myron and Rupert in Walnut Grove with Laura and Almanzo - and the two boys manage to hoist the outhouse up into a tree because they told their Uncle Manzo they were going to build a treehouse.

I have two problems with how this played out. First, it is some time in the afternoon when Laura and Almanzo return home - on foot for some reason instead of with the wagon - but it is night time before anyone has to use the outhouse to find it in the tree. I wish my bladder worked that well.

The other is that if those two little imps managed to get the outhouse up into the tree by themselves, then why did big, strong Almanzo need Charles to come over on a Sunday morning before church to help him get it out of the tree?

And while I'm thinking about it, how did the men have time to do all that before Sunday morning services? Almanzo had to ride out to the Ingalls farm to ask for Charles' help; then they both had to go out to the Wilder farm and get the outhouse down from the tree; and then Charles had to travel all the way back to his place, change, and travel into town before church? Is there a hidden helicopter in Walnut Grove? LOL!

Cheryl

flatbroke4ever wrote:
Things that make you go hhmmm...lol

Rana wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:
Gloria wrote:

Another one I don't think has been mentioned: at the end of Sweet Sixteen, at the dance, Charles and Caroline are talking about Laura and Almanzo getting together and she says soon they'll be calling him grandpa (or something like that), and they start laughing about it. If I'm not mistaken, this is taking place not that long after Mary's baby died in the fire, and they sound as if they'd never had a grandchild before, particularly one who had died so tragically. Maybe not technically a blooper, but it always annoys me when I see it.

I agree 100%. That is something that has always bothered me. How could the writers put something like that in? It made Charles and Caroline seem insensitive to the fact that their grandson had perished in a fire. I can't imagine how I would have ended the episode, but that certainly wouldn't have been it. [angry]

Maybe the german translators noticed that too, as they let Caroline say something like: "I can hardly wait calling you grandpa again".

quote="Rana"]
bethandmanly wrote:
I was watching The Nephews last night

The other is that if those two little imps managed to get the outhouse up into the tree by themselves, then why did big, strong Almanzo need Charles to come over on a Sunday morning before church to help him get it out of the tree?

I agree. Maybe we will find the answer in the LHOTP conspiracy theory thread, as mysterious outhouses are a central point there... :mrgreen:

I always wondered if the outhouse wasn't somehow fixed on the ground as it had to resist typical prairie storms.
*sings* The outhouse my friend is blowing in the wind... [rotfl]
And maybe american outhouses were constructed in a completely different way than the european outhouses, but here the seat usually was connected with the walls. So if an outhouse had a take off - for what reason ever-, nothing like a hole in the earth would remain.

Quote :
And while I'm thinking about it, how did the men have time to do all that before Sunday morning services? Almanzo had to ride out to the Ingalls farm to ask for Charles' help; then they both had to go out to the Wilder farm and get the outhouse down from the tree; and then Charles had to travel all the way back to his place, change, and travel into town before church? Is there a hidden helicopter in Walnut Grove? LOL!

At least Charles could have used his own outhouse time machine (from the conspiracy thread) ;)

bethandmanly wrote:
Savannah wrote:
If we gave you five minutes, Cheryl, with your talent for writing, you'd have a better ending than their's.

That was sweet. Thanks Savannah. :) I might accept your challenge one day, you know how much I love Laura and Almanzo's romance.

quote="lilly"]
bethandmanly wrote:
Gloria wrote:

:::coughcoughplotdevicebabycoughcough::: :mrgreen:[/quote]

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   Blooper? EmptySun Feb 25, 2007 10:21 pm

I brought over the first 2 pages from the old forum. Need to go do some work now.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Blooper? Happy010

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   Blooper? EmptySun Feb 25, 2007 10:39 pm

Thanks Cheryl, those are great! :woohooo:

Yeah, I've been bringing some of my posts from the old forum myself! lol

It worked great for a while, but I just got that famous message lol.

Blooper? Horses10
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Blooper?   Blooper? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2007 8:00 pm

I don't know if this one has been discussed before, but when I was watching "Here Come the Brides" today, I noticed that Nellie's hair ribbons seem to magically change. At one point in the episode (I believe when she was talking to Miss Beadle about marriage), she was wearing one lavendar one that matched the color of her dress. Later on, but in the same day, she was wearing 2 plaid ones that matched the trim on her dress. Did anyone see this too, or am I losing it? LOL. :scratch:

Blooper? ChristinaKeeper2 Blooper? 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Blooper? Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   Blooper? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2007 8:28 pm

You're losing it, sweetie.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Blooper? Princesrank
Savannah

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   Blooper? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2007 8:29 pm

(You KNOW I couldn't resist that one!) ROTFL

I hadn't noticed that, but it wouldn't surprise me. I'll have to watch it again and check that out!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   Blooper? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2007 9:47 pm

Frying pan Savannah! LOL. When I saw your first post, I thought myself, that's really odd, and not like Savannah to say just that bluntly in a post and nothing else! ROTFL

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Blooper? Princesrank
Savannah

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   Blooper? EmptySat Mar 03, 2007 7:40 am

Yikes! Watch it with that pan! affraid :faint2:

ROTFL Sorry, Christina! I was so tired last night. . . . . I'm not sure WHAT all I posted! Now I'm really curious, though, about the blooper you mentioned.
Back to top Go down

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   Blooper? EmptyTue Mar 06, 2007 11:55 am

Can I post another blooper on here?
Remember when they changed the restarant to "Caroline's"?? Well I was watching To See The Light last night, and they had changed it back to Nellie's (When did they do that?!) but the windows still said "Caroline's"!
:P
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   Blooper? EmptyTue Mar 06, 2007 12:32 pm

That's a good one Elaine. I had a picture of that at one time and mentioned the blooper, lol Wave

Blooper? Horses10
Back to top Go down

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   Blooper? EmptyMon Apr 09, 2007 12:24 pm

Ok it's been a weeeeeee bit long since I've posted (crazy life)!

But I have been watching LHotP! Here is a new blooper....

I watched the episode where Albert gets sick (and dies). What's it called again!? Anyways, at the end, when all the school children hold hands while Laura and Albert are in the middle, and Jason holds Amy's hand, gives her a kiss, etc. Then they show Laura and Albert put their hands up in the air, and you can see in the background, Jason isn't part of the circle! He's behind Amy and Miss Plus, where he originally was before he kissed Amy.
Just a thing I noticed hehe! :o)
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   Blooper? EmptyMon Apr 09, 2007 6:12 pm

That's one of the few bloopers that I have noticed as well.

Blooper? Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   Blooper? EmptyWed May 02, 2007 11:49 am

I never noticed the bow change!

In the last episode of season six, the eggs in Nellie's hair change position. ;) I recall Alison saying that they shot the scene the next day.

Blooper? PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   Blooper? EmptyFri May 04, 2007 11:30 am

I watched Harriet's Happenings yesterday, and I remembered that in season three? we see the bank completed in the first view episodes. In a later episode, we see Pa and Mr. Edwards? working on it!

Blooper? PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : Blooper? Purple2

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   Blooper? EmptyFri May 04, 2007 12:00 pm

Prairie Dweller wrote:
I watched Harriet's Happenings yesterday, and I remembered that in season three? we see the bank completed in the first view episodes. In a later episode, we see Pa and Mr. Edwards? working on it!

I don't think it is a blooper...in Harriet's Happenings the bank is complete, as it had been built back in Season Two with the episode of Ebenezer Sprague............ Wink

Season Two:
32.) Ebenezer Sprague
November 19, 1975
Written by Hindi Brooks
Directed by Victor French

Charles and Lars Hanson build a bank in Walnut Grove. The banker is Mr. Sprague, a cold and heartless man. Not realizing who he is, Laura becomes friends with him. Suspicious, the banker accuses Laura of acting on behalf of her father who must certainly want a loan.

Season Five:
96.) Harriet's Happenings
October 30, 1978
Written by John T. Dugan
Directed by William F. Claxton

Harriet Oleson tries her hand at journalism by writing a column for the local newspaper called "Harriet's Happenings". Charles steps in when she writes unpleasant things about a German family.

Blooper? Rhonda10Blooper? Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   Blooper? EmptySun May 06, 2007 1:48 pm

Sorry, I wasn't very clear there! Harriet's Happenings didn't have anything to do with what mentioned. The only thing that Harriet's Happenings had to do with it is that it reminded me of the blooper. :) I didn't even get the right season down either!

At the beginning of season two we see the bank, and then in the Ebenezer Sprague episode we see Pa and Mr. Edwards? working on it. :)

Blooper? PDKeeper
Back to top Go down

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   Blooper? EmptyTue May 08, 2007 5:15 pm

Is it just my eyes....or is that another white car in the window reflection?

Blooper? Gggg
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   Blooper? EmptyTue May 08, 2007 6:16 pm

Hmmm.... :think:
Hard to tell... it sort of looks like the back of a car

Blooper? Horses10
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   Blooper? EmptyThu May 10, 2007 10:10 pm

Somebody should have told them to park their cars a little farther away from places where they were filming, LOL. I bet they had no idea that fans would notice those sort of things, but when you're as big of fans as we are, we don't miss 'em! grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   Blooper? EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 7:20 pm

In the episode 'The Rivals' when Laura goes up to the board to do a math homework while she has the apples inside her dress, she says that 4X2 = 4. grinsmiley She says 4 instead of 8.
I think maybe it was scripted for her to say 4 or Melissa herself was nervous and said 4 herself...

I remember the interview she has on the last DVD set where she says she really was embarassed doing this episode because that was something she was actually going through in her life.

Anyway, I thought that was interesting. Type

Blooper? Horses10
Back to top Go down
rana
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
rana

Number of posts : 119

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   Blooper? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2007 10:24 am

Hmmm... to me it looks more like the reflection of a broad-leaved tree. The part, which is marked, shows a branch with leaves in the middle of a bigger part of the crown.

The camera position was near the ground, as Grace and the window are slightly shown from a worm's-eye view. The window is the one of the post office, which is situated on the ground floor of the building. So the reflection can't show something, which stands on the ground as well. (You know it's this bugging thing about the angle of refraction, our physics teachers maltreated us with back then)

You can notice the difference when you look at the supposed reflection of a car in Oleson's shop window in "For the Love of Blanche".
Blooper? Scrsh2
Here the camera position is at eye level and shows the window slightly from a bird's-eye view. So the reflection shows things on the ground.

But I have to admit that both reflections have a similar shape, though.

Blooper? Ranake10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blooper? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   Blooper? Empty

Back to top Go down

Blooper?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next