Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

National Novel Writing Month

Go down 
+6
Rob
Kristina
Carol
Amy
Savannah
bethandmanly
10 posters
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : National Novel Writing Month Bokmal10

National Novel Writing Month Empty
PostSubject: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:31 am

National Novel Writing Month or NaNoWriMo started yesterday. You might have heard of it, but for those who haven't it is where you agree to try and write a 50K word novel during the 30 days of November. This will be my first time participating in 3 years and I am writing a middle grade novel about a young orphan girl who goes to live with her single aunt in a fictional New England town. The aunt is always miserable, and Amelia makes it her mission to figure out why she is so unhappy and fix it, while trying to convince her best friend Ralph to let her teach him to read. Amelia might also discover that there is more to her relationship with Ralph than just friendship.

Anyone else tackling NaNoWriMo this year?

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
National Novel Writing Month Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54423
Mood : National Novel Writing Month Happy010

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:55 am

I wondered if you'd be joining in on it this year, Cheryl! Your novel sounds like it will be an interesting read. National Novel Writing Month 70708
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : National Novel Writing Month Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:12 pm

Aw, that sounds like a neat plot Cheryl! yes

Hey, is your book coming out soon? Before Christmas, right?

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Amy wrote:

Not this Christmas, next one. I was hoping for this year, but they haven't even assigned an illustrator to the project yet. If I could provide the illustrations or even photographs, it would have come out much sooner.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 3:12 pm

Wow Cheryl.... sure does make me want to read your book! Thumbsup

National Novel Writing Month Horses10
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:02 pm

I haven't heard of National Novel Writing Month. but I do love to write...is it something I can look up on google?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62606
Mood : National Novel Writing Month Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:06 pm

Here you go, Kristina:

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:26 pm

thanks Rob!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 5:50 pm

Wish I could help you with the photos or drawings Cheryl. There is so much involved in the process huh?

Let us read you story of Amelia when you finish...sounds awesome.

National Novel Writing Month Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 1:02 am

Thanks everyone. I'm hoping I'll get at least close to a first draft so that I can edit it at the beginning of 2010 and submit it. I already have a publisher in mind.

Gin, the problem is that publishers have a staff of illustrators they work with and don't seem too keen having outside people handle them. I would love for us to work on something at some point. We'll have to think on it and see what happens.

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 9:30 am

It sounds like you are going to have a very busy month, Cheryl! Your book sounds like it'll be interesting and fun to read. I wish you the best of luck!

National Novel Writing Month PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 9:46 am

Good luck with your book, Cheryl; it sounds interesting.

National Novel Writing Month Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Susie
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Susie

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:02 am

bethandmanly wrote:
Thanks everyone. I'm hoping I'll get at least close to a first draft so that I can edit it at the beginning of 2010 and submit it. I already have a publisher in mind.

Are you self publishing, Cheryl? I would love to read you book too. National Novel Writing Month 811339

He doesn't always answer in the way that we want, but in a way He thinks is best for each of us.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:52 am

Thanks ladies. Your support and encouragement mean a lot. No, Susie, I won't be self-publishing. I have a small press in mind. If she doesn't take it, I might see if the publisher who has contracted my first book will look at it, but it might not work into their line. If neither of these ladies picks it up, then I'll have to plot out my next step.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 12:14 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Amy wrote:

Not this Christmas, next one. I was hoping for this year, but they haven't even assigned an illustrator to the project yet. If I could provide the illustrations or even photographs, it would have come out much sooner.

Oh, I guess I was rushing things a bit! Wink Hope they assign an illustrator soon! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: National Novel Writing Month   National Novel Writing Month Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1