Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What were you like at Fifteen?

Go down 
+2
Kristina
Carol
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : What were you like at Fifteen? Happy010

What were you like at Fifteen? Empty
PostSubject: What were you like at Fifteen?   What were you like at Fifteen? EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 3:42 pm

While I was getting ready for work, Taylor Swift's new video (Fifteen) came on TV. If you haven't seen it, you can watch it here:

What were you like at Fifteen? Img-set? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A95MsJDRxhA

It made me remember how I was at 15 and wanted to ask you guys to also share your stories or experiences. Being 15 years old is a time when you are mainly carefree and also take a lot of things to heart.

A lot of things changed for me at 15. At school I got new friends... the big group of friends that I belonged to in Junior High in time split up and we kind of went our own ways, becoming friends w/ people that shared our new interests. In a way it made me kind of sad to see how some friends changed but it's life.

Fifteen was also the year I became "a woman" as far as the Quinceañera latin traditions lol. Celebrating Quinceañeras is huge and some parties look like weddings! LOL I was never into that stuff and was not interested in celebrating it but my aunt said she wasn't going to hear of it. This was a last minute thing so in a rush (everything felt like a rush that day) we went shopping for a dress, I wasn't happy w/ any of them, finally (because of the time) I just ended up getting this deep pink dress that made me look fat and weird! LOL Of course the hairdo I got didn't make things any better Laughing I didn't feel like a teenager at all and was uncomfortable but made the best of it for the people who made the party and all lol. I kind o cringe when I look at those pics w/ that famous pink dress Yikes LOL

Anyway other things changed for me that year, I got new interests, new activities. It was during that year that I had this huge crush on this guy who worked at the video store (The Warehouse) and I would go rent movies often and ask dumb questions about some movies (answers I already knew) just so I could talk to him Love lol. One time I rented a movie that was not appropriate even though it wasn't Rated R... my mom made me go with her to the store and exchange the movie for another one and who else was there but the guy I liked, it was soooooo embarrassing for me! I got really mad at my mom that day What were you like at Fifteen? 738547 LOL
When I read my diary entries I saw how I was changing. The way someone looked meant a lot to me back when I was around 12 or 13 as well as being popular but all that was changing. I went to many different churches that year trying to find the religion for me. That was also the year when I first started trying to find out more about the civil war in El Salvador. I lived it but didn't know why things happened... I didn't get too much into it like I later would... but it was one of the first times I had gone to the library to research about it.

Anyway, that was me...
I would love to hear about you guys and what was going on in your life at 15. Wave

What were you like at Fifteen? Horses10
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : What were you like at Fifteen? Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: What were you like at Fifteen?   What were you like at Fifteen? EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 4:10 pm

great idea for a topic, Carol! Applause

I've heard Taylor Swift's song "Fifteen" and since I'm in high school right now, I think the song describes high school girls perfectly! Whistle I was fifteen 2 years ago, and I don't think I've changed too much since then. I'm mostly friends with the same people, though some relationships have both strengthened and weakend, and I've met some new people. I also know that my feelings towards homework haven't changed in the past two years!

Carol, with what happened to you involving the inappropriate movie and the boy you had a crush on at the time, something like that hasn't exactly happened to me, but I could just see my mom embarassing me like that! that's why I like to keep my crushes a secret Love
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: What were you like at Fifteen?   What were you like at Fifteen? EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 12:15 pm

first of all, I love this song. It totally relates to me right now.

Well, I just turned 15 so i am not sure. i know i have changed a little bit since then. I have grown up just a little more, and I have realized what is important in life and that sometimes just because you grew up with these girls doesn't mean you are going to be best friends with them....

What were you like at Fifteen? Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
What were you like at Fifteen? Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : What were you like at Fifteen? Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: What were you like at Fifteen?   What were you like at Fifteen? EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 4:46 pm

emilyanneoftheprairie wrote:
just because you grew up with these girls doesn't mean you are going to be best friends with them....

I agree with you on that one, Emilyanne. I've been friends with one girl for several years now but recently I've noticed that we're starting to hang out with different people, and that we really don't talk as much. but I'm hoping that we'll continue to be friends!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : What were you like at Fifteen? Happy011

PostSubject: Re: What were you like at Fifteen?   What were you like at Fifteen? EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 6:50 pm

well I Don't think i have change that much since i was 15
But That year when i was 15 i started to go to a Diffrent church
I went through a very though and Sad time (My Brother was Diganose with Leukima)
But most importantly it was the year i turn 16 Laughing

What were you like at Fifteen? Jacobk10What were you like at Fifteen? Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : What were you like at Fifteen? Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: What were you like at Fifteen?   What were you like at Fifteen? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 12:15 pm

My twin nieces just turned 15 in November, my nephew will be 15 in a couple weeks, and my son will be 15 in January! So this song is pretty relevant for our family right now. I'll have to ask my nieces what they think of it.

15 was the year of my first boyfriend, so it was very special for me. Love

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: What were you like at Fifteen?   What were you like at Fifteen? EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 2:00 am

Nah I was and always the same @ 15 as I am now. HeeHee

What were you like at Fifteen? Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What were you like at Fifteen?   What were you like at Fifteen? Empty

Back to top Go down

What were you like at Fifteen?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: