Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Caesar is on the naughty list

Go down 
+5
bethandmanly
Savannah
Alice
Rhonda
pamh36
9 posters
AuthorMessage
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Caesar is on the naughty list Empty
PostSubject: Caesar is on the naughty list   Caesar is on the naughty list EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 11:36 am

I was in the bathroom this morning when I hear a crash and scampering feet, running from the scene of the crime. I went out in the living room and our Christmas tree was toppled over on it's side with the top of the tree bent at an odd angle. The tree top is broken and I don't know if it'll be able to be fixed. Ornaments were scattered across the floor, but somehow none got broken. So, I stood up the tree and now it's a crooked tangled mess. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the thing. We needed a new one anyway, but I certainly don't want to spend the money with psycho kitty in the house, likely to break another one. I heard Tim get up just a little bit ago and I haven't heard a peep out of him. I wonder if he's even noticed. Laughing We usually don't set up the tree this early, but we knew Sunday was the only day we would have free for awhile.

Caesar is on the naughty list PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : Caesar is on the naughty list Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Caesar is on the naughty list   Caesar is on the naughty list EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 12:16 pm

OH PAM!!!

I can relate......I have 3 cats, and 2 of them LOVE to mess with the Christmas tree.....it has toppled over before, and now there is a screw in the window sill for anchoring the tree down. I have not put the tree up yet, not sure if I will, for fear of what the BEAST (Cain) will do to it......I have ceramic tile in my floor, so I KNOW if that tree were to topple over, I could kiss all the decorations good-bye, and every single one of them is an ornament that was purchaed for each boy every Christmas....it would break my heart...... Caesar is on the naughty list 488555

Cain: 80 pound American Staffordshire Terrior (Pit Bull)

Caesar is on the naughty list Cain_010

Same 80 pound dog on the back of the couch like a cat..... Caesar is on the naughty list 68167
Caesar is on the naughty list Cain_013

Caesar is on the naughty list Rhonda10Caesar is on the naughty list Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766
Mood : Caesar is on the naughty list Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Caesar is on the naughty list   Caesar is on the naughty list EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 1:19 pm

Wow, Cain is a big boy. He's very handsome, Rhonda. Do you take him on walks?

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Caesar is on the naughty list   Caesar is on the naughty list EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 1:54 pm

Caesar is on the naughty list 85958 No Alice.....I do not take Cain for walks.....He HATES the leash and when I USED to take him with me to the mailbox or whatever...he was the one taking ME for a walk.....it had to end the day he dragged me down....I had my hands full of mail and he darted off before I was ready to start walking, and I went down.....he looked at me with that, "What's your problem, get up, we're moving again." He belongs to Jake, so it will be up to him to get him leash trained.....in the meantime, we just play chase in the backyard for his exercise.... Caesar is on the naughty list 440956

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Caesar is on the naughty list Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

PostSubject: Re: Caesar is on the naughty list   Caesar is on the naughty list EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 2:18 pm

Oh, Pam!! What a sight that must have been! What is it about Christmas trees and kitties?? I almost think that they figure we've brought a HUGE toy into the house for them. Caesar is on the naughty list 135245 I can't believe none of the ornaments were broken! WOW!

Rhonda.... Caesar is on the naughty list 85958 That first picture of Cain . . . . he looks like he's trying VERY hard to look VERY innocent.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Caesar is on the naughty list   Caesar is on the naughty list EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 2:35 pm

I wish we would have thought to anchor the tree, Rhonda!! We didn't put up any ornaments that he could break this year. We learned our lesson last year. He broke three of our favorite ornaments then.

Cain is adorable!! I also noticed that it looks like we have the exact same couch/loveseat (can't tell which from the picture). Laughing

Yes, Savannah, I think that is exactly what Caesar thought, that we put up a great big toy just for him because we love him so much. Watch your tree around Opie in case Caesar emails him with any ideas.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Caesar is on the naughty list Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Caesar is on the naughty list   Caesar is on the naughty list EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 3:35 pm

My cats have been really good about all the trees in the house. They lay on the tree skirts and sometimes bat at the lower ornaments, but no tree climbing or toppling. Tell him to knock it off or he'll be in the carrier from now until Christmas. LOL!

What a pretty dog, Rhonda.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855
Mood : Caesar is on the naughty list Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Caesar is on the naughty list   Caesar is on the naughty list EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 4:07 pm

oh dear! I don't have a cat, but if I did, I could just see it climbing the tree....I'm glad that none of your ornaments broke, Pam!
Back to top Go down
Susie
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Susie

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Caesar is on the naughty list   Caesar is on the naughty list EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 5:21 pm

Caesar is on the naughty list 85958 We have a 3 month old kitten. I hope isn't naughty too.

Rhonda, Cane is handsome. Caesar is on the naughty list 702150

He doesn't always answer in the way that we want, but in a way He thinks is best for each of us.
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Caesar is on the naughty list   Caesar is on the naughty list EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 11:39 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Caesar is on the naughty list 85958 No Alice.....I do not take Cain for walks.....He HATES the leash and when I USED to take him with me to the mailbox or whatever...he was the one taking ME for a walk.....it had to end the day he dragged me down....I had my hands full of mail and he darted off before I was ready to start walking, and I went down.....he looked at me with that, "What's your problem, get up, we're moving again." He belongs to Jake, so it will be up to him to get him leash trained.....in the meantime, we just play chase in the backyard for his exercise.... Caesar is on the naughty list 440956

Oh my gosh, Rhonda! I hope you didn't get hurt when he dragged you down. How long ago was this? I wouldn't want to walk him again either!

Caesar is on the naughty list 85958 I'm sorry, but the thought of him looking at you like "What's your problem, get up, were moving again". Glad you can get in some good games of chase in the backyard Caesar is on the naughty list 70708

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Caesar is on the naughty list   Caesar is on the naughty list EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 11:45 pm

When we had our cat Pam, she tried to climb our tree, too. Fortunately, we caught it before it went over and we were lucky she never tried it again. Our cat's with my oldest daughter this year so she can fun this Christmas Caesar is on the naughty list 702150 .

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Caesar is on the naughty list   Caesar is on the naughty list EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 11:50 pm

Alice wrote:
Rhonda wrote:

Oh my gosh, Rhonda! I hope you didn't get hurt when he dragged you down. How long ago was this? I wouldn't want to walk him again either!

Caesar is on the naughty list 85958 I'm sorry, but the thought of him looking at you like "What's your problem, get up, were moving again". Glad you can get in some good games of chase in the backyard Caesar is on the naughty list 70708

He is going to be 2 this December and I would say it was probably a year ago......He just caught me off guard, took off and part of me was with him and the other part was on the ground.....picking up my reading glasses and the mail.....I'm just glad no one saw me......at least I don't think anyone saw me..... Caesar is on the naughty list 68167

Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Caesar is on the naughty list   Caesar is on the naughty list EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 12:19 am

It doesn't sound like you got hurt though, just a bit Caesar is on the naughty list 2952 Caesar is on the naughty list 135245

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Caesar is on the naughty list Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Caesar is on the naughty list   Caesar is on the naughty list EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 1:07 am

My cat, Cassie eats not only the live trees we get but the fake garland! I'm forever running her off. I think this year I will put a small tree on our piano, and see what happens. She does not jump since she is completely declawed. I can bet I'm going to get some really dirty looks from her this next month. whoopdedoo

Caesar is on the naughty list Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Caesar is on the naughty list   Caesar is on the naughty list EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 10:43 am

I hope Cassie stays off the naughty list for you, Gin. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Caesar is on the naughty list Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

PostSubject: Re: Caesar is on the naughty list   Caesar is on the naughty list EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 11:40 am

pamh36 wrote:
Yes, Savannah, I think that is exactly what Caesar thought, that we put up a great big toy just for him because we love him so much. Watch your tree around Opie in case Caesar emails him with any ideas.

Oh boy. The last thing that Opie needs is an email or two with more ideas! Caesar is on the naughty list 135245
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Caesar is on the naughty list Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Caesar is on the naughty list   Caesar is on the naughty list EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 12:54 pm

Pam, that is SOOOOO funny!

Yesterday, as I was decorating our tree, our Beagle Jenna decided to chomp away on some beaded garland while I wasn't looking. Whistle I bent down to pick it up and she had stolen it and taken it to the family room! Needless to say, I had to bury that portion of the garland toward the back of the tree. Yikes

Rhonda wrote:

Have you tried a harness? My dogs pull like CRAZY if I don't have the harness on them. If the leash is attached at their back (top of the harness) they don't seem to feel the need to pull, but if it's at the neck, it's like instinctual for them to pull. I suggested this to some guy I saw walking by my house whose huge Shepard was pulling him. He came back a couple of weeks later and thanked me for the tip---he had his Shepard with him and she was walking like a pro! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Caesar is on the naughty list   Caesar is on the naughty list EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:45 pm

I don't even bother taking him on the leash anymore. He hates the leash...would grab it in his mouth and jump, jerk and fling himself around trying to get it off of his collar......He almost chewed the thing in two......so......he can now watch me from the backyard as I go for the mail.....he CRIES and CRIES......but I'm NOT going to take him with me..... HeeHee

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caesar is on the naughty list   Caesar is on the naughty list Empty

Back to top Go down

Caesar is on the naughty list
Page 1 of 1