HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Number of posts : 8670
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:16 pm

Amy wrote:
Carol wrote:
Burned 450 calories doing Zumba!
That looks SO tough Carol---fun, but tough! Are you still at it?

I still have the tapes, yes... as far as doing them... I haven't been for the past 2 weeks.
I was listening to this fitness podcast and they were saying that the best exercise to do if you need to get rid of fat are cardio/endurance combo exercises. Zumba is mainly cardio, but I have Slim in 6 which is the combo exercise I need! lol
It is rather BORING... lots of repetitive moments and sucky music, BUT... I will just put on my own tunes and do it because it really works.
So... It's 6 weeks of this stuff... I will be reporting my progress.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Number of posts : 9006
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:45 pm

Lost 20lbs grinsmiley yesss

Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:11 am

JW wrote:

Wow! That's awesome Jacob!

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:34 pm

Thank you Carol

Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 6005

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:46 am

Good job, Jacob!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53951
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:28 am

Great job, Jacob!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13415
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:12 pm

Jacob, that's fantastic! Good for you! Applause

Carol, good luck with your new program! Sometimes you have to kiss a few programs before you find the right one....this one sounds like a good fit. Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:26 pm

Thanks Lori, Savannah and Amy Smile

Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Number of posts : 52908
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:04 pm

Good job, Jacob! How many more pounds do you want to lose?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:41 pm

Thanks Rob, I would like to Loose 20 More but i would be Happy with 10 Smile

Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler

Number of posts : 895
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:48 pm

JW wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I am jealous, though! I have been meaning to try to lose weight for awhile now. I would say that I gained about 20 pounds. I don't believe I didn't. Anyway, I know why I gained weight. It is just a case of getting around to trying to lose it. I don't eat anymore than I ever did before, but I have had a lot of stress over the past 4 1/2 years - especially over the past 2 years. Between no job, taking care of my mother during her cancer treatments, and so on, I just became lazy. I was just too tired and I started to not care. I cared to not gain weight, but I didn't care to do anything to stop the weight gain from happening. I haven't really been sleeping for the past year either, which doesn't help me at all, too. Also, I used to dance. I had to stop because of an injury. Then a few years ago, I was able to begin classes again (tap, ballet, jazz, bellydance) to get myself used to doing it again (the days of being a good dancer are gone for me - now I hope to at least "move well"). But when I lost my job, I had to give up on those classes. I think that, and the fact that I stopped working out - not even yoga - I gained the weight. My knees kill me, too. So that doesn't help either. Anyway, I decided that I HAVE to get back into shape and lose some weight. Actually, it was the day that I saw the LH musical last year that made me realize that I needed to lose weight because the jacket that I wanted to wear that day did NOT fit me when it did only 6 months earlier. Last year was just not a healthy year for me. I just couldn't get myself into exercising at all. But this year, despite being tired, I am determined to finally get back into the swing of things regarding working out. We'll see how it goes. Smile Besides, I know that when I am faithful to working out, I am not as tired during the day.

I don't have a scale anymore. It broke a few years ago. I just don't care to buy another one (besides, I really don't want to know how much I gained! Yikes ). I base my weight loss on measurements. I know what I was, and the size I wore, when I was at the weight that I liked the best. So, that is my goal to reach. My motivator is this Civil War Ballgown that I was making so I could wear it to a ball (if I get anyone to go with me!). Well, the pieces are cut, but they would never fit me now. So I need to get back to that size again.

I do anything that is pilates/yoga-related. I also really like exercise ball workouts. I need easier things to do because of my knees (yet I like to do ballet which demands the ability to do plies - crazy or what?!?).

Anyway, this is a place where I like to get videos from:
http://www.collagevideo.com/
There are a bunch that I want to buy next week. When I get back into this, I still have my same videos, which I will do, but I do want to change it up a little bit, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler

Number of posts : 853
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:53 pm

Way to go, Jacob!

I hear you, MissOleson! I have bad knees which really limits exercises. I would love to start running, but unfortunately after two days of running my knees begin to start aching.

I do stretch every day as well as try to regularly do at least twenty sit-ups. I've discovered that regularly stretching and doing sit-ups has minimized lower back pain! That's definitely a huge plus and keeps me motivated to keep stretching each day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avonleavignettes.com
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:54 pm

Thanks Miss Oleson and Prairie Dweller

I have some more Good news I Lost 10lbs more yesss

Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:08 pm

Wow, good job!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:49 pm

Amazing Jacob!
Proud of you! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 23098
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:42 pm

I lost some over the cricket season, but I'll prob gain more during winter, then lose it again next season... HeeHee

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:36 am

Thanks Rob and Carol i am hoping to loose more yet

Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53951
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:49 am

Congratulations, Jacob!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 6005

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:02 am

Cheer Go, Jacob!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:05 am

Thanks Savannah and Lori Smile

Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler

Number of posts : 895
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm

JW wrote:

I have some more Good news I Lost 10lbs more yesss
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Thumbsup

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:34 pm

Thanks Miss Oleson

Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Sat May 28, 2011 11:00 pm

Lost 5 more pounds, I need to go Shopping soon or Buy a Belt lol

Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Sun May 29, 2011 8:35 am

Congratulations, Jacob!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 37918
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   Sun May 29, 2011 9:43 pm

JW wrote:
Lost 5 more pounds, I need to go Shopping soon or Buy a Belt lol
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   

Back to top Go down

WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next