Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)

Go down 
+14
MissOleson
Savannah
pamh36
Julia
emilyanneoftheprairie
Lori
Alice
Rob
Gin
Susie
Rhonda
Amy
JW
Carol
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 Happy010

WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 5:16 pm

Amy wrote:
Carol wrote:
Burned 450 calories doing Zumba! WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 Smileyvault-dance
That looks SO tough Carol---fun, but tough! Are you still at it?

I still have the tapes, yes... as far as doing them... I haven't been for the past 2 weeks.
I was listening to this fitness podcast and they were saying that the best exercise to do if you need to get rid of fat are cardio/endurance combo exercises. Zumba is mainly cardio, but I have Slim in 6 which is the combo exercise I need! lol
It is rather BORING... lots of repetitive moments and sucky music, BUT... I will just put on my own tunes and do it because it really works.
So... It's 6 weeks of this stuff... I will be reporting my progress. WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 70708

WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 6:45 pm

Lost 20lbs grinsmiley yesss

WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 Jacobk10WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 3:11 am

JW wrote:

Wow! That's awesome Jacob!

WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 CongratSmiley2DLMG2

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 9:34 pm

Thank you Carol

WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 Jacobk10WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:46 am

Good job, Jacob!

WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 11:28 am

Great job, Jacob!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 3:12 pm

Jacob, that's fantastic! Good for you! Applause

Carol, good luck with your new program! Sometimes you have to kiss a few programs before you find the right one....this one sounds like a good fit. Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:26 pm

Thanks Lori, Savannah and Amy Smile

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62610
Mood : WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 11:04 pm

Good job, Jacob! How many more pounds do you want to lose?
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 9:41 pm

Thanks Rob, I would like to Loose 20 More but i would be Happy with 10 Smile

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 4:48 pm

JW wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I am jealous, though! I have been meaning to try to lose weight for awhile now. I would say that I gained about 20 pounds. I don't believe I didn't. Anyway, I know why I gained weight. It is just a case of getting around to trying to lose it. I don't eat anymore than I ever did before, but I have had a lot of stress over the past 4 1/2 years - especially over the past 2 years. Between no job, taking care of my mother during her cancer treatments, and so on, I just became lazy. I was just too tired and I started to not care. I cared to not gain weight, but I didn't care to do anything to stop the weight gain from happening. I haven't really been sleeping for the past year either, which doesn't help me at all, too. Also, I used to dance. I had to stop because of an injury. Then a few years ago, I was able to begin classes again (tap, ballet, jazz, bellydance) to get myself used to doing it again (the days of being a good dancer are gone for me - now I hope to at least "move well"). But when I lost my job, I had to give up on those classes. I think that, and the fact that I stopped working out - not even yoga - I gained the weight. My knees kill me, too. So that doesn't help either. Anyway, I decided that I HAVE to get back into shape and lose some weight. Actually, it was the day that I saw the LH musical last year that made me realize that I needed to lose weight because the jacket that I wanted to wear that day did NOT fit me when it did only 6 months earlier. Last year was just not a healthy year for me. I just couldn't get myself into exercising at all. But this year, despite being tired, I am determined to finally get back into the swing of things regarding working out. We'll see how it goes. Smile Besides, I know that when I am faithful to working out, I am not as tired during the day.

I don't have a scale anymore. It broke a few years ago. I just don't care to buy another one (besides, I really don't want to know how much I gained! Yikes ). I base my weight loss on measurements. I know what I was, and the size I wore, when I was at the weight that I liked the best. So, that is my goal to reach. My motivator is this Civil War Ballgown that I was making so I could wear it to a ball (if I get anyone to go with me!). Well, the pieces are cut, but they would never fit me now. So I need to get back to that size again.

I do anything that is pilates/yoga-related. I also really like exercise ball workouts. I need easier things to do because of my knees (yet I like to do ballet which demands the ability to do plies - crazy or what?!?).

Anyway, this is a place where I like to get videos from:
http://www.collagevideo.com/
There are a bunch that I want to buy next week. When I get back into this, I still have my same videos, which I will do, but I do want to change it up a little bit, too.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:53 pm

Way to go, Jacob!

I hear you, MissOleson! I have bad knees which really limits exercises. I would love to start running, but unfortunately after two days of running my knees begin to start aching.

I do stretch every day as well as try to regularly do at least twenty sit-ups. I've discovered that regularly stretching and doing sit-ups has minimized lower back pain! That's definitely a huge plus and keeps me motivated to keep stretching each day.

WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 3:54 pm

Thanks Miss Oleson and Prairie Dweller

I have some more Good news I Lost 10lbs more yesss

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 4:08 pm

Wow, good job! WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 39447
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 4:49 pm

Amazing Jacob!
Proud of you! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:42 pm

I lost some over the cricket season, but I'll prob gain more during winter, then lose it again next season... HeeHee

WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 1:36 am

Thanks Rob and Carol i am hoping to loose more yet

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 7:49 am

WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 39447 Congratulations, Jacob!
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 11:02 am

Cheer Go, Jacob!

WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 11:05 am

Thanks Savannah and Lori Smile

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm

JW wrote:

I have some more Good news I Lost 10lbs more yesss
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Thumbsup

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 10:34 pm

Thanks Miss Oleson

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:00 pm

Lost 5 more pounds, I need to go Shopping soon or Buy a Belt lol

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2011 8:35 am

Congratulations, Jacob!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2011 9:43 pm

JW wrote:
Lost 5 more pounds, I need to go Shopping soon or Buy a Belt lol
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)   WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WORKOUT BUDDIES UNITE HERE! (Cool Down Area)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next