Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Did Dr Baker ever married?

Go down 
+2
bethandmanly
Lily
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Did Dr Baker ever married? Empty
PostSubject: Did Dr Baker ever married?   Did Dr Baker ever married? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2007 11:34 am

I'm rewatching the series and I'm still in season 1. When Dr Baker decided not to marry Kate, I wondered if he ever married later in the show...Did he?

Thanks ¡¡¡
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Did Dr Baker ever married? LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Did Dr Baker ever married? Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Did Dr Baker ever married?   Did Dr Baker ever married? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2007 1:49 pm

I always wished that Doc Baker would settle down. He did come close once when he proposed to Harriet's niece (can't think of her name right now :scratch: ).

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Dr Baker ever married?   Did Dr Baker ever married? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2007 2:18 pm

Yes, it's the Kate I talk about...
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Did Dr Baker ever married? Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Did Dr Baker ever married?   Did Dr Baker ever married? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2007 3:49 pm

I wish Doc Baker had gotten married too, but he stayed a bachelor. I think Kate was the only love interest he ever had in the show.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/

PostSubject: Re: Did Dr Baker ever married?   Did Dr Baker ever married? EmptyTue Mar 06, 2007 12:10 pm

Doc Baker was always one of my favorite characters. He was so caring and funny and wise. Too bad he didn't find a Mrs. Doc!!!

On a side note- Kevin Hagen had written to me a few times, wow years ago, so of course I'm partial to him hehe!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Did Dr Baker ever married? Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54423
Mood : Did Dr Baker ever married? Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Did Dr Baker ever married?   Did Dr Baker ever married? EmptyTue Mar 06, 2007 1:01 pm

Same here, Elaine. I wrote him an e-mail, telling him how much I loved his portrayal of Doctor Baker - and how I wished that "Doc's Lady" had ended differently. (*I* don't think the age difference was an insurmountable obstacle) He was so sweet. He sent me an autographed picture, and wrote me a letter, telling me not to worry, because he'd found his lady in real life, and that was more important, anyway. Cool He was such a sweet, caring person. He answered as many letters as he could, to as many fans as he could, right until he became terribly ill.

I always thought that he and Miss Beadle would have been a cute couple. ..........but anyway....... Yeah. He's one of my favorites, too - which is why I have a Doc Baker Keepership.
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Did Dr Baker ever married? Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Did Dr Baker ever married?   Did Dr Baker ever married? EmptyTue Mar 06, 2007 9:37 pm

No matter of the age differences, Doc Baker and Kate should have married.. He so deserved happiness. Savannah and Elaine, you are so lucky to have had correspondence with him before his death, I wish I would have had that opportunity..
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Did Dr Baker ever married? LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Did Dr Baker ever married? Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Did Dr Baker ever married?   Did Dr Baker ever married? EmptyTue Mar 06, 2007 10:11 pm

I had read in many sites that Kevin Hagen was such a down to earth person, never had that celebrity attitude. He replied many fans letters, I remember I read somewhere that one fan wrote that he mailed an autographed pic to him a week before he passed away. I only regret that I never wrote to him.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Dr Baker ever married?   Did Dr Baker ever married? EmptyTue Mar 06, 2007 10:15 pm

He WAS!!!!
I just went thru my autographed pics I have of actors, and he had sent me 3 letters (1999/2000). I'll treasure them always!!!!

Has anyone else had success hearing from other LHotP actors? No doubt about it- ALL of them are the most down-to-earth actors you will ever see on tv!!!! I've also received pics from others, and if you want to know whom- just ask! I love to share :)
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Did Dr Baker ever married? Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Did Dr Baker ever married?   Did Dr Baker ever married? EmptyTue Mar 06, 2007 10:18 pm

I have written, and heard back from: Katherine MacGregor, Richard Bull, Charlotte Stewart, Brian Part, Lucy Lee Flippin, Ketty Lester and Dabbs Greer. I have also written a few more, but have not heard anything back yet.

Elaine, We'd love to hear who you have heard back from!Wave

Last edited by on Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Dr Baker ever married?   Did Dr Baker ever married? EmptyTue Mar 06, 2007 10:21 pm

Ohhhh Katherine MacGregor- classic!!!!!
I've heard back from:
Bonnie Bartlett (Grace Edwards)
Lucy Lee Flippin
Karen Grassle
Kevin Hagen
Richard Bull

I should get back into writing to actors again. However I have no clue how to send a S.A.S.E from Canada to the States!!!!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2757

PostSubject: Re: Did Dr Baker ever married?   Did Dr Baker ever married? EmptySat Mar 10, 2007 3:22 pm

Lily wrote:
I had read in many sites that Kevin Hagen was such a down to earth person, never had that celebrity attitude. He replied many fans letters, I remember I read somewhere that one fan wrote that he mailed an autographed pic to him a week before he passed away. I only regret that I never wrote to him.

Wow, that's really something - I hope that fan treasures that autograph! I myself have a saved emailed, note, and autographed picture from him that I will always hold dear to my heart.

Did Dr Baker ever married? ChristinaKeeper2 Did Dr Baker ever married? 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

Number of posts : 277

PostSubject: Re: Did Dr Baker ever married?   Did Dr Baker ever married? EmptySun Mar 11, 2007 10:26 am

Elaine11 wrote:
I should get back into writing to actors again. However I have no clue how to send a S.A.S.E from Canada to the States!!!!

And I have no clue how to send a S.A.S.E from The Netherlands to the States. And we don't have reply coupons over here No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Dr Baker ever married?   Did Dr Baker ever married? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did Dr Baker ever married?
Page 1 of 1