Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Merry Christmas!

Go down 
+16
LM
Debbie
HarrisonCrosby4387
Carol
Kristina
Amy
Lori
pamh36
bethandmanly
Misti
Savannah
Alice
Coach Jon
Teresa
Rob
Rhonda
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766
Mood : christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 Happy010

christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 2:05 am

Merry Christmas to all my friends here on the prairie christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 39441

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 6:39 am

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all have a great day!
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:27 am

Merry Christmas, all! On my way to Florida now... and it looks like there's a storm to encounter along the way. But have no fear, for I enjoy a challenge and laugh in the face of all fear... except cockroaches which frighten me beyond words. Have a festive day!

christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 2:43 pm

Merry Christmas christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 258780

Well....My friend in Missouri called last night and there is sickness going thru the family. He said, "I emptied my stomach and have just felt raunchy all day." Said he came in from choring and went to bed, it was 5:30 or so....he missed Christmas Eve with the family, everyone went to his sister's. He said he was going to call me around that time so I would know that there were sickies in the house in case I was planning on coming up there, altho he knew if he did, I would head straight there to take care of him, and I would have! BUT....I had problems of my own......had Christmas Eve dinner at BJ's (oldest son) around 3:30 or 4:00 and left from there around 6:30. He and his girlfriend were going to go to OKC for Christmas with her dad, but the weather turned nasty and the city was literally shut down, even had the National Guard out there to prevent people from drivng or trying to drive into town. I was debating when I needed to leave for Missouri, and BJ said it was going to be worse today, so if I was going, I'd better pack and get on the road......I did.....BIG mistake.....I only got about 15 miles from the house, hit some black ice on the bridge on the interstate and spun around, whacking the guard rail with the front right bumper of the truck, then the right rear bumper of the truck. It knocked me around a bit....but I am fine.....the right bumper however, is pushed into the right wheel and won't drive in a straight line...... I am a little sore, but not as bad as I thought it was going to be....I took plenty of aspirin before going to bed......I was SO looking forward to going to Missouri too.......

BJ, my auto body guy, is going to find the parts and fix my truck........but for now....I am stranded without any wheels.......christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 Smile_confused Merry HO HO for me.....

christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 Rhonda10christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 4:47 pm

Oh Rhonda I hope you're not in too much pain. What a frightening experience. I hate driving in ice or snow and we get nothing in comparison to what you get there. Tke care and stay safe.

christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 4:48 pm

Merry Christmas to all my Prairie friends. Hope you're day is as special as you all are.

christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 6:57 pm

Oh, Rhonda! I'm glad you're o.k. and didn't get too far from home that you were stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Hope you can still have a Merry Christmas.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:30 pm

I'm sorry that happened Rhonda, and I'm glad you're ok!

Hope everyone is having a very Merry Christmas! Our freezing rain turned to rain and made for safe travel, so we've been very fortunate that our out of town family was able to come for Christmas dinner!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:56 pm

Oh, how scary, Rhonda!!! I am so relieved to hear you are okay, although sore. I'm sorry to hear your plans didn't work out as you'd hoped, but I am glad to know you are safe and sound at home.That is good BJ will be able to fix the truck for you. I hope once you get yourself and the truck back up and going again you can go to Missouri and have a delayed Christmas celebration.

christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:32 pm

I'm actually hoping to get up there next weekend. Josh, Sam and Jake's wife, are going to Florida next weekend when Jake flies in for his surgery.... so.....while they are gone, I will borrow the car Josh is driving and take a trip up that way....I should've followed my original plans and headed up this morning....the sun was shining and the nasty stuff that was on the ground was all melted.......Next time, I don't think I will listen to BJ..... christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 988160

christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 Rhonda10christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 Lauram10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 12:18 pm

Well, well, well....things just keep getting better and better........... christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 954985 BJ called me around 8:30 pm last night and said my truck had been towed and impounded!!! Most vehicles, when left on the side of the road, will sit there for a few days or weeks before even getting a tag put on them, and here MY truck was only there for 4 hours and gets impounded!!! We think the guy that came by with his tow truck called the State Troopers, and mentioned an "abandoned" vehicle in hopes they would use his services, which they didn't........I had to pay over $253 to get it released to me. BJ has the log record of the tow and is going to call the State boys and chew them out big time have a little chat with them......In the meantime, I realized that in my spinning around, I lost a basket out the back, that had a pair of boots, 2 pair of dress shoes and a couple of hats in it.....I don't care about the basket, but I sure wish I had my personal belongings back.... christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 488555

Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 1:12 pm

Oh no, Rhonda! I'm so sorry you've had such a horrible weekend. Hopefully BJ can get things straightened out for you. That's a shame you just realized you lost so many of your belongings.

Hopefully 2010 will turn out better for us all christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 410460

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 2:43 pm

Wow, it's just one thing after another! I'm so sorry Rhonda. Blue

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 4:19 pm

Well......I just got back from retracing my wonderful journey the other night, and found my stuff!!! It was on the other side of the guardrail that I had hit, upside down on the grassy area in some melting snow......All is accounted for.....christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 46567 Altho it was kind of scary to be back near that guardrail in the daytime to see exactly where I was..... christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 279394

Last edited by Rhonda on Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 4:57 pm

Rhonda it sounds like you had quite a day yesterday! But I'm glad to hear that you are alright!
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 4:59 pm

How lucky is that! Hope your things weren't in too bad of shape. I can't imagine how scary that must have been to see that in the daylight. I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt, Rhonda.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:13 pm

Thanks Ladies....I am still a bit stiff and sore, but I guess when you are shook around like a rag doll, some parts are going to hurt.... christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 339759

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:01 pm

Glad all is good Rhonda. God was looking out for you. Take care, and be careful.

I'm still in Arkansas til next Wednesday. We had tons of rain this past Wednesday and I am so glad I came in on Tuesday . Got my eye out for snow/rain mix, but I think all is good to be back at home the 30th.
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 1:40 am

Oh no, Rhonda, I can't believe they impounded your vehicle!!! Ranting Especially with the situation, there wasn't even enough time for you to have done anything about it then.

I am very glad to hear you were able to retrieve your personal belongings though. That had to be a big relief!

christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Susie
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Susie

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 5:36 pm

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 776991

How scarey, Rhonda. christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 Kopfschuettel The 'what ifs' that could have happened. Then you get towed. christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 954985 Crazy i tell ya!

He doesn't always answer in the way that we want, but in a way He thinks is best for each of us.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 11:03 pm

Too bad your plans didn't work out, but I'm glad your ok, Rhonda.

christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 11:16 pm

Merry belated Christmas! I hope everyone enjoyed the day with family and friends.

Rhonda, I'm sorry you had a rough weekend! I'm glad you're okay though. Any news on your truck?

christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 11:45 pm

Thanks Christina.....It is sitting in the driveway....I have driven it a couple of times, and now waiting for BJ to find the replacement parts for it.....not real sure I want to try to drive it to Missouri tho...... christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 988160

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   christmas - Merry Christmas! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Merry Christmas!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2