Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!!

Go down 
+5
bethandmanly
Carol
Gin
Teresa
Susie
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Susie
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Susie

Number of posts : 305
Mood : MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Happy010

MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Empty
PostSubject: MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!!   MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:25 pm

MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! ThohneewaaromMAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Thsnowingsmile-1

Starting tomorrow night we are suppose to get 7 inches of snow.MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Thththpuhleeze 7 inches of snow will shut everything down--heck just a few inches does---so 7 will be terrible.MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Ththhahanosmiley If the snow isn't enough,MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Thtantrumsmiley we are suppose to have high winds(not good with light, fluffy snow)MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Ththbrodkavelarg I'm so ready for SUMMER to come. MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Thrunamok

Ok I'm done MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Ththsoapbox (MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Ththsnapoutofit-1)

He doesn't always answer in the way that we want, but in a way He thinks is best for each of us.

Last edited by Susie on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!!   MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 9:23 pm

Susie, you crack me up! A couple of weeks ago we got 6 inches during the day, and another 6 over night. I hate it when we get it all at once like that. Two at a time would be tolerable. What's worse, is our frigid, below zero temps. I seriously despise going outside to run even the littlest errand. It's too COLD!!

MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!!   MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 10:38 pm

Something you said has made me feel so much warmer here in Texas! LOL

I do feel for you all up there. I have memories of having a few feet of snow and being shut in the house for a few weeks while I was in High School. Living in Texas we don't get that. This winter has been colder for us than normal, but nothing like you are having.
Watch some LH? Play games? Plan a list of spring chores? READ???
Sorry wish we could just all get together and visit. Stay warm!

MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!!   MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 12:35 am

Oh no! MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Panicsmiley2 cold Stay warm my friend!

MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Horses10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!!   MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:04 am

Well, that sure sounds yucky. Stay safe and warm.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!!   MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:03 am

Funny smilies Susie. grinsmiley Sounds like you might want to stay home for awhile! wintergirl

Hey Gin, I just heard on the news that Dallas Texas is going down to 20 degrees! thud

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!!   MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:33 am

It's funny, as much as I complain about snow and winter, I actually like when we get a lot of snow. Why? Because we get a snow day! We usually can't leave the house because Tim and I both drive small vehicles and they always get stuck in deep snow. So, until the plow comes though, we are pretty much stuck at home. I love the feeling though of knowing I don't have to go any where. I can laze around in my pj's for half the day if I want to. We usually make a family project out of shoveling the snow and neighbors pitch in with us, and we pitch in to help them too. Half the time it seems like we are digging a neighbor out who's car got stuck in the middle of the street. Then we all come in and have some hot cocoa and maybe dig out a board game or something. It's like an impromptu family day.

MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!!   MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 12:04 pm

ya but Dallas is 4 hours north of me. SO, they tend to get more snow than we do. Our high today is 57 but the wasy it looks, It better do something quick or we wont make that.
Its still 43 now, with a N wind.
I'm dressed in layers now!

MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!!   MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 4:45 pm

Susie wrote:
MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! ThohneewaaromMAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Thsnowingsmile-1

Starting tomorrow night we are suppose to get 7 inches of snow.MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Thththpuhleeze 7 inches of snow will shut everything down--heck just a few inches does---so 7 will be terrible.MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Ththhahanosmiley If the snow isn't enough,MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Thtantrumsmiley we are suppose to have high winds(not good with light, fluffy snow)MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Ththbrodkavelarg I'm so ready for SUMMER to come. MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Thrunamok

Ok I'm done MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Ththsoapbox (MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Ththsnapoutofit-1)

I know how you feel Susie, we've had enough snow to last me for the next few years MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! 135245 . We had high winds but not at the same time as when the snow was on the ground MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! 184143 .

MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! 814977 Let's call this the spring dance and maybe it will get here sooner MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! 135245 .

Have some hot cocoa MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! 102679 and try and stay warm {{{HUGS}}}

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21124
Mood : MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!!   MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:02 pm

Well.....I just came back from Missouri and they are having a nasty storm coming in tonight....tomorrow...the high is supposed to be -20º and the wind blowing on top of that.....I have a friend who has a cattle farm and we worked yesterday to doctor some calves that are suffering from the cold......It is too cold for man or beast out there.....stay warm all.....Arkansas is supposed to be 20º tomorrow.....

MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! 28_3_5

MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Sig

MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Rhonda10MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!!   MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:37 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Well.....I just came back from Missouri and they are having a nasty storm coming in tonight....tomorrow...the high is supposed to be -20º and the wind blowing on top of that.....I have a friend who has a cattle farm and we worked yesterday to doctor some calves that are suffering from the cold......It is too cold for man or beast out there.....stay warm all.....Arkansas is supposed to be 20º tomorrow.....
Sounds like you made it back just in time, Rhonda. I'm sure your friend appreciated your help. I feel so bad for those poor little calves. I hope they will be alright.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!!   MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 1:34 pm

4-6 inches are coming our way....it's snowing hard right now! snowshovel

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!!   MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 1:36 pm

pamh36 wrote:
It's funny, as much as I complain about snow and winter, I actually like when we get a lot of snow. Why? Because we get a snow day! We usually can't leave the house because Tim and I both drive small vehicles and they always get stuck in deep snow. So, until the plow comes though, we are pretty much stuck at home. I love the feeling though of knowing I don't have to go any where. I can laze around in my pj's for half the day if I want to. We usually make a family project out of shoveling the snow and neighbors pitch in with us, and we pitch in to help them too. Half the time it seems like we are digging a neighbor out who's car got stuck in the middle of the street. Then we all come in and have some hot cocoa and maybe dig out a board game or something. It's like an impromptu family day.

I forgot to comment on this earlier. I love this Pam! Thumbsup You're absolutely right---there is something about a big snowfall and cozying up with the family. It basically forces us all to slow down and enjoy each other. Not easy to do when you have two teens always go-go-going! greenS So yeah, I getcha! Wink

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!!   MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:40 pm

Yeah, I love it, Amy. It's nature's way of making you take a break and just enjoy some family time. Didn't work for us last night though; we only ended up with about 3 inches. Oh well, maybe next time.

MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!!   MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!! Empty

Back to top Go down

MAJOR OVERREACTION ALERT! NOO!!! WHY??!!
Page 1 of 1