Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9

Go down 
+4
Amy
Teresa
Rob
Carol
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62610
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 Goodsi10

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 5:03 pm

Everybody ready for the first night in Hollywood? I'm curious to see what Ellen is going to be like. I really don't know anything about her.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 5:49 pm

I'm ready!!

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 6:07 pm

Rob wrote:
Everybody ready for the first night in Hollywood? I'm curious to see what Ellen is going to be like. I really don't know anything about her.

Oh, that's tonight?! Wow, this is moving quickly! I've missed a couple of weeks though. We're basically snowed in already so I'm all set to snuggle in for a good TV night! Idol and LOST! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:15 pm

Ready here! Smile

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 10:17 pm

Well, what did you think?

On the girls' side, I like the black girl who sings country. Is her name Haley? And I like Lilly Scott, who did that jazzy number. And the waitress who sang Kara's song. And that Cynthia girl who did "Natural Woman."

Among the guys... the one with the tattoo on his neck was good, I thought, and so was the guy whose wife was going into labor. And the guy with the long hair who played the bluesy guitar number was pretty good.

I thought one of the best male singers was Justin, the cancer survivor. Couldn't believe they cut him.

And I was sorry to see Maddie Curtis go, the girl with the autistic brothers.

I also wish that country girl from Tennessee had made it. Not that she was a great singer, but you gotta love "I'm gonna fly on an aeroplane!" "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 135245
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 11:25 pm

Rob wrote:
Well, what did you think?

On the girls' side, I like the black girl who sings country. Is her name Haley? And I like Lilly Scott, who did that jazzy number. And the waitress who sang Kara's song. And that Cynthia girl who did "Natural Woman."

Among the guys... the one with the tattoo on his neck was good, I thought, and so was the guy whose wife was going into labor. And the guy with the long hair who played the bluesy guitar number was pretty good.

Rob, you named all the ones I liked! I think the waitress's name was "Didi" or something like that, and I thought she was wonderful. The "Natural Woman" girl was "Crystal". She was fantastic---kind of a Jodi Foster look-alike I thought. She is VERY down to earth and I think people are going to gravitate toward that. And WOW, was she good. There was a long haired blond toward the beginning too, with wavy hair and she sang with the guitar---I thought she was great and 'current' as Simon would say.

My favorite guy so far is Andrew Garcia (easy name because I just think of the actor Andy Garcia greenS ), and like you Rob, I liked "Casey James", the bluesy guy. HE is one to watch for I think---the 'real deal' so to speak. Plus he's just plain hot. batEyes greenS They really didn't show enough of the cancer survivor for me to get a good feel for him....I wonder why they cut him?! He certainly didn't sound 'bad'!! He looked so pleased with his audition too!!

My heart broke for the girl from Tennessee. You just can't go up there with those kinds of nerves. I could FEEL her fear, you know? It was even in her posture. What an experience for her.

I must say, I really enjoyed Ellen. This is the first I've seen her on here, since I've missed the last couple of weeks. She had me laughing a few times, that's for sure!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 11:44 pm

Amy wrote:
The "Natural Woman" girl was "Crystal". She was fantastic---kind of a Jodi Foster look-alike I thought.

Crystal, that's right! Funny, I noticed the Jodie Foster resemblance, too.

Amy wrote:
I must say, I really enjoyed Ellen. This is the first I've seen her on here, since I've missed the last couple of weeks. She had me laughing a few times, that's for sure!

This was Ellen's first appearance. She wasn't there at all during the auditions. Just Simon, Randy, Kara, and a guest judge every week.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 10:33 am

Rob wrote:
Amy wrote:

This was Ellen's first appearance. She wasn't there at all during the auditions. Just Simon, Randy, Kara, and a guest judge every week.

Oh, ok! Wink

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 10:27 pm

Ok, short-haired, 28 year old Mary is way too much drama queen for me....hope she doesn't make it through!!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 12:22 am

LOL, Amy!! I was SERIOUSLY going to post the same thing!! My husband and I were so annoyed by her. There's always one "know it all" in the bunch.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 12:24 am

I slept through most of it. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 2952 Is Mary the rocker?
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 10:13 am

LOL Teresa! Yep, she's the rocker, Rob. I felt bad for the young girls who had to work with her. Just because you're older doesn't mean you know everything!! I don't even like her voice...she sounds a bit "Amanda-ish" to me (think skunk batEyes ). Hopefully she won't make it all the way.

Why would anyone choose that Gwen Stefani song to audition too? scratchead Not only are the words impossible, but it's not even 'flattering' to the voice. I don't get it. It's too bad that some of the really good ones get axed just because their group stunk, or chose a bad song, you know? I'm thinking of that one guy, who had been in prison for 4 years, and was changing his life around. He was actually really good, but the song was so terrible, Simon just axed everyone. Doesn't seem quite right. I felt so badly for that guy, when he was teary eyed and saying that it was going to be tough to go home and face everyone who had high expectations for him.

I never saw Crystal audition...was she on there? And it's official----I think so far Casey James is my favorite! If he and Andrew Garcia make it to the top, I'll be a happy camper. Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 7:43 pm

A 2-hour Idol tonight!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 8:14 pm

I'm ready! Thumbsup

I hope Jason Castro's brother stops auditioning already! lol
This is like his 3rd time I think and he's always getting cut.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 1:04 am

Casey James is going through! Applause My money is on him to go all the way! Thumbsup

Speaking of Jason Castro, his album is finally coming out in the spring!! yesss This has been too long a wait for me....I have not forgotten him, that's for sure!! Can't wait! stars

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:37 am

Did Crystal, the Jodie Foster-ish girl, make it through?

I wasn't brokenhearted that Mary the rocker didn't make the top 24.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 11:12 am

Oh, I know....I was so glad to see Mary didn't make it through. I don't know about Crystal----I haven't seen her perform since that one time I mentioned her! They still have more to send through tonight, so we'll see! Thumbsup

Oh, "Big Mike", the guy whose wife had the baby, made it through! I was glad to see that...

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 12:56 pm

Amy wrote:
I don't know about Crystal----I haven't seen her perform since that one time I mentioned her! They still have more to send through tonight, so we'll see! Thumbsup

I don't even remember seeing Crystal in any of the three rooms where they were waiting. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 988160
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 11:04 pm

Ok Rob....Crystal went through! Thumbsup I like this other girl that went through too---Janelle Wheeler.

Andrew Garcia went through too, so my two favorite guys made it! Applause

The girls go first next Tuesday and the guys sing Wednesday night.

Oh, question----a guy named "Alex Lambert" went through. Please tell me that's not Adam's brother?! scratchead

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:01 pm

THE TOP 24!
"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 T24

My favorites are: grinsmiley

ANDREW GARCIA

CASEY JAMES loveheart lol

CRYSTAL BOWERSOX - the one who reminds people of Jodie Foster lol

DIDI BENAMI - the one who's friend passed away

TODRICK HALL - the guy who worked w/ Fantasia

and

TYLER GRADY - I feel like I've stepped back to the 70s and love it! lol loveheart

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 10:38 am

Wow! The girls were rough last night. I'm not really a fan of any of them. Maybe the girl that played the harmonica and guitar. Most everyone picked bad songs. It's kind of gotten to the point that I wouldn't buy any of these people's albums, but enjoy watching them perform on TV. I think the Carrie Underwood's of American Idol are a thing of the past.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:14 am

I completely agree. Rough! Yes, Crystal is good, but I agree with Simon....she's going to have to really show how she's special. I still like Didi---she was probably my favorite (she was the blond in the tye-dye style shirt). She was the first one to come up and show some 'star quality', even if she wasn't all that 'original'. There's something that I like about the short red-haired 'punk' girl with the gorgeous eyes----she picked the wrong song, and was nervous, but I actually heard a little Dolly Parton quality to her voice! Simon was saying she needs to figure out 'who she is', and I wonder if her she's actually more country and is trying to be pop/rock. But honestly, I kind of felt like she had the most original voice. But yeah, not overly impressed with any of these girls....at this point my money is on the winner and even the runners up being a guy.

Oh, the other girl I thought was pretty good was the dark-haired one that sang the 'darker' song....was it "Wicked Games"? I don't know....she's the one that blew them away in Hollywood, but chose something more 'earthy' here. I like her tone. And I have to say, I wish Simon and Randy would 'get' that we don't all want to hear these songs where the singers have to belt everything out. I happen to like 'earthy', "Brooke White" types.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 8:15 pm

Well, not exactly a wowzer of a show. I did like Bowersox. And I liked the way Katie Stevens started out, but as the song progressed she slipped into a strident, sharpish voice that kind of left me cold.

I thought Lily Scott was really good during the auditions, but her rendition of "Fixing a Hole" (one of my favorite relatively-obscure Beatle songs) chased away all my warm feelings. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 279394
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:58 pm

I really need to work on my names....you're good Rob! Thumbsup

Wow, is it just me, or is this officially looking like the worst season of American Idol ever? Whistle I am not feeling too excited. There are certainly no David Archulettas or David Cooks in the guys. I realize this is week #1, but the two Davids were pretty awesome from the get-go. I love Casey James but I didn't think he was nearly as good as they were all carrying on about. I think maybe they were trying to save face because they'd already told so many guys how bad they did! Yikes Casey was good, but not great. I still like Andrew Garcia too---I think he'll redeem himself. There's the guy, "Lee" with the guitar, that I thought was pitchier than all get-out, but Ellen and Simon loved. He does have nice tone, but sorry---they'll play that back and hear how he was all over the place. The 16 year old can really sing, but he has one of these voices that may irritate me after awhile. I hope Jermaine goes first (he was the second black guy to sing)....I can't listen to him another week! help

Could just be nerves tonight for everybody, but just like the girls, I was highly unimpressed. No

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:46 am

Yeah, this season is a bust, as was last season. Although, I honestly like Lee the best. I love the rock edge to his voice. He was all over the place at times, but I think he'll step it up.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next