Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota

Go down 
+4
Amy
Teresa
bethandmanly
LIWMuseum
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LIWMuseum
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 7

Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota Empty
PostSubject: Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota   Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 12:32 pm

Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum open April 1 - Oct 31st Gift Store Open Year Round

Wilder Pageant (an outdoor play about Laura's life in Walnut Grove, MN) Fridays & Saturdays July 09, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24

Dean Butler "Almanzo Wilder" will be in Walnut Grove, Minnesota on Saturday, July 17th!

Alison Arngrim "Nellie Oleson" will be in Walnut Grove, Minnesota on Saturday, July 24th!

walnutgrove.org for more information.

We are very excited about our upcoming visitors and new exhibits at the museum. If you have never been to Walnut Grove this is the year to visit!

I am expanding the exhibits that include Dean & Alison. I would love your opinion on their "Little House" career; your favorite episodes; if you've met them before; etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.walnutgrove.org
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota   Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 5:23 pm

Here is a link to their website if anyone is interested: http://www.walnutgrove.org/

How exciting! I wish I could go, but we'll be in North Carolina part of that time.

As for Dean Butler, I haven't met him in person, though several of my friends have. I interviewed him over the phone prior to the release of Almanzo Wilder: Life Before Laura. We have a fan group dedicated to Dean, which encouraged him to create an online presence for his work. You can find his website at http://www.legacydocumentaries.com/

Favorite episodes: Back to School, Sweet Sixteen, Laura Ingalls Wilder, and Days of Sunshine, Days of Shadow. My interview with Dean, along with a character profile of Almanzo Wilder can be found at my Laura's Little Houses blog. The interview with Dean starts here: http://lauralittlehouseontheprairie.blogspot.com/2008/10/conversation-with-dean-butler-part-1.html You can find the character profile here: http://lauralittlehouseontheprairie.blogspot.com/2009/02/character-profile-for-almanzo-james.html

Some of my friends have also met Alison, but I've never had the pleasure. The show would not have been the same without Nellie Oleson. Some of my favorite Nellie episodes are: Country Girls, The Talking Machine, Bunny, Here Comes the Brides, He Loves Me He Loves Me Not, Come Let Us Reason Together, and The Return of Nellie.

It was nice to see the transition in Nellie's character after she meets Percival and marries.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota   Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 7:05 pm

You know, living in a suburb of Minneapolis, and only being 2 hours east of Walnut Grove, one would think that I've traveled there many times. I'm embarrassed to say that I've never been there yet. I'm thinking, this summer would be the perfect time to visit and see the pageant, especially since Dean and Alison will be there. I wish that the two of them were going to be there the same weekend. My daughter would love to see either one of them in person.

Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota   Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 9:50 pm

Teresa---seriously?! OhMy It sounds like this is definitely the year for you! I agree though---too bad they couldn't have timed it where Dean and Alison were there at the same time. scratchead

Oh, how I wish I could be there!!! pray

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota   Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 1:15 am

I think Dean is attending LauraPalooza in Mankato the same weekend he'll be at the pageant, so maybe that's why they are going on different weekends.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
LIWMuseum
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota   Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 12:59 pm

Alison will be in France the beginning of July so we were lucky to get her for the last Saturday of the Wilder Pageant!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota   Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 1:06 pm

I'm so mad I'm way down here in Texas. We(the 4 of us) aren't planning a vacation for this summer only for '11. We are planning for Tennessee then.
I might be going to Mansfield either this summer or fall on a mini getaway weekend with my aunt. She has never been there and I know she wouldn't get to unless I take her.
I've told her she has to read the books first though!

Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota   Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:21 pm

I was in DeSmet and Walnut Grove this past summer. Beth were great places to visit. Standing outside where the dugout was located was a very cool experience. The creek was all dried up tho which was kinda disappointing. But my buddies and I had a great time anyway.
Teresa, you need to go there. It's very nice.

Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota MarilynKeeper Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
LIWMuseum
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota   Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:31 pm

Sorry about the creek. We did not have a lot of rain or snow last year. This year with record snow it will be full!
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota   Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:04 pm

I'm seriously considering making a trip to Walnut Grove for my vacation this summer. I'd like to be there on one of the weekends that Dean or Alison is going to be there. I'd like to see the Wilder Pageant too. I'm thinking of maybe two days in Walnut Grove and another day in De Smet. Google maps says it's 854 miles to WG from my home on the east side of Cincinnati. That's a long drive -- definitely a two-day trip each way.

Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota   Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 2:41 pm

Wow that would be a long trip, but I'm sure it'd be worth it Smile I've been wanting to go for some time but the past years always had something going on that I couldn't make it. For now, it's just a dream of mine but I'm sure it would be amazing to visit someday.

Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota ChristinaKeeper2 Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota   Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota Empty

Back to top Go down

Almanzo & Nellie to Visit Walnut Grove, Minnesota
Page 1 of 1