Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut

Go down 
+2
bethandmanly
Kristina
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855
Mood : Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut Bokmal10

Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut Empty
PostSubject: Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut   Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 6:48 pm

I'm not sure if anyone else has heard about it, but a power plant exploded in Connecticut around 11:30 this morning. coverage of the event has pretty much been the only thing on the news here this afternoon, other than football and basketball stuff. here's a quick article on the explosion that I found on yahoo if anyone is interested in reading it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100207/ap_on_bi_ge/us_middletown_explosion
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut   Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 9:47 pm

Yes, we've heard about it here because we're in Mass. They think it might have been a natural gas leak. Five people are reported dead, 12 injured, but there may have been as many as 100 people on site at the time.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut   Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 9:38 am

Oh, how awful! No

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54423
Mood : Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut   Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:02 am

I heard about that yesterday, too. Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut 488555 So sad!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut   Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:37 am

This is the first I've heard about it. How horrible!

Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855

PostSubject: Re: Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut   Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 4:17 pm

I actually live close enough to the place where the explosion happened that I heard a loud noise outside when it happened. I thought it was something my dad was doing outside because he was working with the tractor, but it wasn't. Some people felt their houses shake and thought it was an earthquake. Later on when we were watching the news, my dad told me that his boss asked him to work near the place where the explosion happened, but he turned down the job because he had work to do at home. thank god that he said no to the job!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62606
Mood : Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut   Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 4:27 pm

Wow, close call! Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut 244441 Glad your Dad's okay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut   Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut Empty

Back to top Go down

Power Plant Explosion in Connecticut
Page 1 of 1