Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prayers for Michael, please.

Go down 
+6
pamh36
Teresa
bethandmanly
Amy
Rob
Savannah
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Prayers for Michael, please. Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54423
Mood : Prayers for Michael, please. Happy010

Prayers for Michael, please. Empty
PostSubject: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:36 pm

Michael goes to the hospital early Monday morning for some tests regarding his epilepsy. He's been off his meds all day today, and will be off them all day tomorrow as well. I'd appreciate your prayers for him for safety. Not only regarding the lack of medication and his seizures, but also for travel safety....He'll be going to an excellent hospital, but it's quite a distance from where he's living. I think it's about a two hour drive for John & April to take him there. I'm very thankful that there's such a high quality hospital within driving distance for him to be taken to. They specialize in caring for children, and they really know what they're doing. Prayers for Michael, please. 70708 Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62606
Mood : Prayers for Michael, please. Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:39 pm

Prayers going out, Savannah!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Prayers for Michael, please. Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:42 pm

I'll be praying for Michael, Savannah. I hope he'll do ok off the meds. Is this DeVos Children's hospital? Or a division of U of M maybe?

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Prayers for Michael, please. Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:19 am

We'll definitely keep hyim up in prayer, Savannah. Please let us know how it all turns out.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:05 am

Michael will be in my prayers, Savannah.

Prayers for Michael, please. TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 3:09 pm

Thanks so much, everyone! April posted on her Facebook page that Michael is hooked up to the EEG machine for 4 hours, and no seizures yet. That was an hour ago. They're hoping that he'll have a seizure so that they can pinpoint exactly where in the brain they're taking place. It sounds so barbaric to hope that he'll have a seizure. But if it will help him in the long run, that's what counts. I'm so thankful that they aren't the grand mal like he had been having when he was living here at home! They're petit mal, which is still bad enough.. . . . . but it isn't nearly as terrifying to witness, and doesn't appear to be as hard on his little body. Anyway, thanks for your prayers!!

Amy, it's DeVos. They're fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 9:38 pm

Thank you for the update, Savannah.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 11:39 pm

I hope Michael is doing ok this evening....I'm glad he's in such good hands at DeVos. I am praying Savannah!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 11:52 pm

Wow...this is very interesting....He's been off his medication since yesterday morning, but he hasn't had a single seizure in the eight (or more?) hours that he's been hooked up to the EEG machine. I'll keep you all posted as I hear more. Thanks again for your prayers. That means so much to me.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 9:10 am

I'm sorry I'm just seeing this now. Michael is in my prayers. I hope they find out what is going on.

Prayers for Michael, please. PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 9:18 am

Savannah wrote:

Yes, they are very good. We've become familiar with the neurology and orthopedic depts. since moving here. Erin has general seizures and scoliosis. She is having an MRI in two weeks to see if there is a connection between the two.

Prayers for Michael, please. Lorike10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 1:08 am

Savannah wrote:
Wow...this is very interesting....He's been off his medication since yesterday morning, but he hasn't had a single seizure in the eight (or more?) hours that he's been hooked up to the EEG machine. I'll keep you all posted as I hear more. Thanks again for your prayers. That means so much to me.

Hmmm...is that good or bad? I guess it depends upon how you look at it. We'll certainly keep his name up in prayer.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21124
Mood : Prayers for Michael, please. Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:25 pm

Prayers for Michael, please. 629518 Prayers being said for Michael.......I know how crazy it can be that the doctors WANT him to have a seizure, but that is the only way they can decide which direction to go in.......Hang in there Savannah.... Prayers for Michael, please. 410460

Prayers for Michael, please. Rhonda10Prayers for Michael, please. Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Prayers for Michael, please. Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 8:49 am

Sorry I'm only seeing this now. Keep us updated, Savannah. Meanwhile prayers are winging their way to you from Ireland.

Prayers for Michael, please. MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:46 am

John & April said that they didn't see any seizures in the 23 hours that Michael was on the machine, but they'll get the test results back in about a week, and we'll know more then, hopefully. Thank you again for your prayers.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:48 am

Lori wrote:
Savannah wrote:

Yes, they are very good. We've become familiar with the neurology and orthopedic depts. since moving here. Erin has general seizures and scoliosis. She is having an MRI in two weeks to see if there is a connection between the two.

Wow, really? I never thought of that....I have Scoliosis too, but not severe. I suppose it makes sense, considering that so much is related to the spine. Keep us posted as to what they say. (How old is Erin? Is seems like your high school band daughter is a different name, right? Katie maybe? Sorry, I'm not good with names. Ooops ).

Savannah wrote:
John & April said that they didn't see any seizures in the 23 hours that Michael was on the machine, but they'll get the test results back in about a week, and we'll know more then, hopefully. Thank you again for your prayers.

Thanks for the update Savannah. I'm sure this waiting game is driving you crazy!! I am continuing to pray.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:08 pm

Erin (who turns 14 on Tues.) was at the neurologist first, and they didn't mention that there could be a neurological cause for scolios. The orthopedist told us that there is a type of scoliosis that is caused by a neurological condition, and since they were found at about the same time it would be good to do an MRI to check it out.

Wow! Michael was on the machine for 23 hours. I hope the results are good. I'll keep praying for him.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 4:55 pm

How is Erin doing, Lori? Any word on her MRI yet?

We finally got the results of Michael's EEG back. He was off medication for (if I remember correctly) two days before the EEG began, as well as the 23 hours that he was on the machine. In the days leading up to the EEG, and in the 23 hours, he didn't have any seizures. Not even a tiny one. The results came back perfectly normal for a boy with ADHD. What an answer to prayer! They'll be taking him back off the anti-seizure medications, and will be doing further tests on his heart and blood sugar to see if they can figure out what was triggering the episodes. But as of now, he hasn't had any further problems like that even when he hasn't been on meds. He's had a lot of people praying for him, that's for sure. I wouldn't mind at all if he just plain doesn't have any more of those episodes, even if they never figure out what did trigger them. Prayers for Michael, please. 70708
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 5:19 pm

Amen Savannah! I'm glad to hear that he hasn't had any seizures since then. I hope and pray it continues.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 5:40 pm

Hooray for Michael!! Prayers for Michael, please. 303544
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:39 pm

I am so happy to hear this Savannah! You must be so relieved!!! Applause

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:32 pm

Savannah wrote:
How is Erin doing, Lori? Any word on her MRI yet?

We go to the doctor on the 19th so we will know then.

That is great news for Michael!

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 1:25 pm

Lori, how is Erin doing? She's been on my mind. (And in my prayers.)
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 8:24 am

Thank you, Savannah. The MRI didn't show anything abnormal other than the scoliosis. So we will go back in 6 months to see if the scoliosis has progressed any. If not, then it will be a year before we go back. We go to the neurologist tomorrow. Her medicine seems to be working fine.

Has Michael had his other test yet?

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 1:35 pm

Oh, I'm so glad that the tests didn't show any abnormalities! That's great to hear. And I'm really glad that her medicine is working for her. Sometimes it takes a lot of tinkering to find just the right medicine and the right dosage to control general seizures. That can get scary.

Michael had an EKG (he has another one today) and had to wear a portable heart monitor for 24 hours. The results from the heart monitor won't be back for three weeks. But we did just find out that Michael has a heart murmur, and some problem with the electrical impulses in the left side of his heart. We're still waiting for more of the test results. At this point, the doctor doesn't believe that it's something serious, though. Thank you for asking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Michael, please.   Prayers for Michael, please. Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayers for Michael, please.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next