Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prayer for Friend from my Past

Go down 
+7
pamh36
Alice
bethandmanly
Teresa
Rob
Savannah
Rhonda
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21124
Mood : Prayer for Friend from my Past Purple2

Prayer for Friend from my Past Empty
PostSubject: Prayer for Friend from my Past   Prayer for Friend from my Past EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:35 pm

I have found out about friend from my past that needs many, many prayers. Her name is Cheryl Wilson, and her husband Mike was just starting out as a Preacher in California in the early 1980's when we met them. I have found out that Cheryl is fighting the battle of her life with cancer. Prayer for Friend from my Past 488555

Apparently, she went through breast cancer a few years back, and now, it has returned. She is having terrible, terrible problems and things look grim. Her and Mike have 2 beautiful daughters that are 23 and 21. I ask that you please pray for Cheryl, not sure of a recovery, but for comfort in her last days, and comfort for Mike and the girls. Mike just ADORES Cheryl, and she has always been the love of his life. He will be SO lost without her.....He set up a "Caring Bridge" blog that you can go to and read about what has been going on...... Prayer for Friend from my Past 629518

Cheryl Wilson Cancer Update

Prayer for Friend from my Past Rhonda10Prayer for Friend from my Past Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!

Last edited by Rhonda on Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Prayer for Friend from my Past Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54423
Mood : Prayer for Friend from my Past Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friend from my Past   Prayer for Friend from my Past EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:59 pm

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend, Cheryl, Rhonda. Cancer is such a heartless disease. Prayer for Friend from my Past Kopfschuettel She and her family will be in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62606
Mood : Prayer for Friend from my Past Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friend from my Past   Prayer for Friend from my Past EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:36 am

Very sorry about this, Rhonda. Prayers are going out.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friend from my Past   Prayer for Friend from my Past EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:02 am

Rhonda, I am so sorry to hear this. Cheryl and her family will be in my prayers.

Prayer for Friend from my Past TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Prayer for Friend from my Past Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friend from my Past   Prayer for Friend from my Past EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:48 am

We'll definitely add her to our prayer list and mention her at church tomorrow.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friend from my Past   Prayer for Friend from my Past EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:55 am

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, Rhonda. I will be praying for Cheryl and her family.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friend from my Past   Prayer for Friend from my Past EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 9:49 am

I am very sorry to hear about your friend, Rhonda. Cheryl and her family are in my prayers.

Prayer for Friend from my Past PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friend from my Past   Prayer for Friend from my Past EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:43 pm

I will pray for her.

Prayer for Friend from my Past Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Susie
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Susie

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friend from my Past   Prayer for Friend from my Past EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 12:48 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Cancer is so cruel!

He doesn't always answer in the way that we want, but in a way He thinks is best for each of us.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friend from my Past   Prayer for Friend from my Past EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 12:16 am

Here is Mike's latest update on Cheryl......I have been praying for a miracle... Prayer for Friend from my Past 488555

Cheryl’s physical health is deteriorating much more rapidly than we expected. She is now on full hospice care and unconscious. Her breathing is labored, and the end is probably only hours away. Her decline has come at an accelerated pace with each passing day. Yesterday she did muster enough strength to silently harmonize with other families who sang “Happy Birthday” to me. She is surrounded by family and loved ones, with a special place for the two daughters for whom she sacrificed a large portion of her energies.

The family is tentatively preparing for a memorial service in Santa Clara on Saturday. There are a lot of tears in our home right now, but also a lot of love.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friend from my Past   Prayer for Friend from my Past EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 1:12 am

I'm so sorry to hear of this rapid deterioration of Cheryl's health. We'll definitely be praying for a peaceful passing and for strength for her family. What an awful disease this is.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Prayer for Friend from my Past Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friend from my Past   Prayer for Friend from my Past EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 10:56 am

That is just awful Rhonda. No Cheryl and her family will be in my prayers.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friend from my Past   Prayer for Friend from my Past EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:05 am

The family is in my prayers.

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friend from my Past   Prayer for Friend from my Past EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:10 am

Rhonda, I am so sorry to hear about Cheryl. Cheryl and her family will be in my prayers.

Prayer for Friend from my Past TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friend from my Past   Prayer for Friend from my Past EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 12:50 pm

Cheryl is with her Lord and Savior now......Thank you all for your prayers, please continue to pray for Mike and the girls, they have some tough days ahead of them.... Prayer for Friend from my Past 488555

Last Entry

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friend from my Past   Prayer for Friend from my Past EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 2:16 pm

How wonderful for her, but how sad for her family. We'll definitely lift Mike and the girls up in prayer.

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friend from my Past   Prayer for Friend from my Past EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 8:28 pm

I am so sorry to hear of the family's loss, and the loss of your friend. I'll keep Cheryl's family and friends in my prayers during this difficult time.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friend from my Past   Prayer for Friend from my Past EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:43 am

I am sorry to hear that Cheryl has lost her battle, but she certainly has gained so much more now. Its something to be almost jealous of. Her pain is gone, her body is whole and her soul is secure. I will continue to pray for healed hearts for her family, and you Rhonda.

Prayer for Friend from my Past Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friend from my Past   Prayer for Friend from my Past EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Please continue to pray for Mike, Cheryl's husband. I received an email from him yesterday and he is REALLY struggling with depression and sadness right now. He is such a good person and I know that God is with him, but he just needs the comfort and strength to deal with all of this, she was the love of his life. Blue

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friend from my Past   Prayer for Friend from my Past EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 9:39 am

I can not even imagine the grief that has to be all-consuming for him right now. No I hope he can find the strength....Cheryl would want for him to be there for their daughters right now. They need his strength now more than ever. Have you suggested grief counseling for him Rhonda? This helped my aunt immensely when my uncle died. He needs to talk, and to share what he's feeling with others who have been through it.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friend from my Past   Prayer for Friend from my Past EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:13 am

Continued prayers going out.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Friend from my Past   Prayer for Friend from my Past Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayer for Friend from my Past
Page 1 of 1