Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Regular Cast Members as Guest Stars

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Regular Cast Members as Guest Stars Empty
PostSubject: Regular Cast Members as Guest Stars   Regular Cast Members as Guest Stars EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:28 pm

What did you guys think of this? I always wondered why regular cast members were billed as guest stars for episodes where their characters were a major force in the storyline. Was this normal for a lot of shows back then? Did it have something to do with SAG? The problem I had with it was that it wasn’t consistent. For instance why didn’t Matthew Laborteaux receive guest star billing for “Sylvia” or “May We Make Them Proud” when he played such important parts in those episodes? I can think of several episodes in Season 5 where I would have given guest star billing to regular cast members. And I definitely think Kevin Hagen deserved it for “A Child With No Name” in Season 9. I always found the “fake guest star” practice weird, but they could have at last been consistent with it.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Regular Cast Members as Guest Stars Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Regular Cast Members as Guest Stars   Regular Cast Members as Guest Stars EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:49 pm

I always thought that was used when a "regular" wasn't on much anymore then came back for a "guest" apperance.
I was recently watching the Waltons and along season 6 Ellen Corby who played Grandma Walton really had a stroke so she wasn't on their for most of that season. Then about season 7 she came back as a "guest".

Maybe I'm wrong on this, but just thought that was how it worked. ??

Regular Cast Members as Guest Stars Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Regular Cast Members as Guest Stars   Regular Cast Members as Guest Stars EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 4:35 pm

Gin wrote:
I always thought that was used when a "regular" wasn't on much anymore then came back for a "guest" apperance.
I was recently watching the Waltons and along season 6 Ellen Corby who played Grandma Walton really had a stroke so she wasn't on their for most of that season. Then about season 7 she came back as a "guest".

Maybe I'm wrong on this, but just thought that was how it worked. ??

Well that’s how it works normally when people who used to be part of the regular cast come back for a guest shot, and that makes sense. What I don’t get is when someone who is still a part of the regular cast get billed as a “guest star” for an episode simply because that week’s episode just happens to focus on their character.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Regular Cast Members as Guest Stars Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Regular Cast Members as Guest Stars   Regular Cast Members as Guest Stars EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 6:28 pm

Okay...I guess I hadn't noticed that....now I'll have to be looking for that too! LOL
Good Question......DEAN! Where is that man when you need him??? I bet he could answer that. Good luck.

Regular Cast Members as Guest Stars Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regular Cast Members as Guest Stars   Regular Cast Members as Guest Stars Empty

Back to top Go down

Regular Cast Members as Guest Stars
Page 1 of 1