Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

4-H time again!

Go down 
+9
Debbie
Lily
Lori
flatbroke
Carol
Savannah
Rhonda
JW
Misti
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : 4-H time again! - Page 2 Love-s10

4-H time again! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-H time again!   4-H time again! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2007 6:01 pm

What a great experience for your boys, Misti!! And hey, a red ribbon is still good, right? Thumbsup I like what you said to them, though, about working hard and having it pay off. Sounds like something Charles Ingalls might say! :Gjob:
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : 4-H time again! - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: 4-H time again!   4-H time again! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2007 7:08 pm

Thanks, everyone for your congrats. and all. Yes, a red ribbon is good, although not as good as grand champion, reserve grand champion or a blue ribbon.

You never really know what the judge is looking for. Used to be they had different judges for different animals. This year, they had one for all of them.

Also, we had lots of people say that our lamb and goat looked really good but the handed them a ribbon fairly early in the judging. Of course, it was Shiloh's first time in the pen, so he struggled a bit.

Overall, they did O.K. and I hope they take my advice to heart next year, whatever they decide to do. Thanks for the praise, Amy! Wave

4-H time again! - Page 2 Hummer4-H time again! - Page 2 MistiKeeper4-H time again! - Page 2 Bookclub54-H time again! - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : 4-H time again! - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: 4-H time again!   4-H time again! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 4:19 pm

O.K. here is the final result.

Damis's lamb, which my boss bought and sent to auction, sold for as much as you can get for a red ribbon animal. It sold during the show for: $472.50. He got his papers the other day with the add-ons included. The total amount he got was $607.50.

Shiloh's goat, which two individuals bought, sold for $540.00. He got his papers the other day and with add-ons included, the total amount he got was $675.00.

Shiloh is writing his thank you notes now (Damis wrote his last night) and you have to hand them in and then you get your check and I will pick them up tomorrow after school to get their checks, cash them and go pay their feed store bills.

They have plans for some of it, but a majority of it will go into a savings account. Damis has had his for several years but I will open up one for Shiloh probably Friday.

Anyway, that is that (at least for this go around)!

4-H time again! - Page 2 Hummer4-H time again! - Page 2 MistiKeeper4-H time again! - Page 2 Bookclub54-H time again! - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : 4-H time again! - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: 4-H time again!   4-H time again! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 4:27 pm

Cool COOL for the boys!!!! CONGRATS TO BOTH OF THEM!!! Thumbsup Thumbsup

4-H time again! - Page 2 Rhonda104-H time again! - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4-H time again!   4-H time again! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

4-H time again!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2