HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Cell Phone Apps!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Number of posts : 8670
Mood :

PostSubject: Cell Phone Apps!   Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:13 pm

CELL PHONE APPLICATIONS

How many of you have applications on your cell phone?
Which ones are your favorite and why? Smile

The latest application I installed on my phone is the "Live Strong - Calorie Tracker". I don't know how I did without it before! We are always told to keep track of our calories and I've always had found it hard to do, but this is so great!

www.livestrong.com/ls_images/article/14000-14999/14521-image_249_375_keep_aspect.jpg" border="0" alt="" />

It tells me how many calories I should eat according to my height & weight. So, let's say I eat a subway for lunch, all I do is search the food database for the particular sandwich, it tells me how many calories and other nutritional info, I click on "I ate this" and it automatically updates my calorie intake for the day.

I do the same for any workout I do... search the database and click on "I did this" and it tracks it. I love it! Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 20211
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Cell Phone Apps!   Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:16 pm

My Josh has apps on his Iphone, but mine, which is fine.....This phone does way more than I am used to anyways, apps would just confuse me!!!

CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2018-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Number of posts : 8670
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Cell Phone Apps!   Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:57 pm

What phone do you have Rhonda?

Josh will tell you that Apps simplify your life! Smile

For example.... another one I use is Poynt!

Say, I need to find the phone to a local business... just click on the yellow pages... or I needed to find a person... click on the white pages.

Say I'm out of town and I want to see a movie... I just put my location and it tells me what theaters are near me, what movies are playing, movie overviews/trailers, call or buy a ticket w/ just a few clicks!

Now, let's say I'm in the mood to try something different for dinner... say I want to try Indian cuisine... I just click that and it tells me the restaurants near me that serve that food, w/ just one more click I can call to reserve a table.

Just yesterday I used it because it was almost time to fill up my gas tank, so I searched for which Chevron in town had the lowest gas price, got my results and went to the nearest one, saved a few dollars! Thumbsup

And the map feature... well that self explanatory...

Love this app and best of all, it's free! dancegirl

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 20211
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Cell Phone Apps!   Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:23 pm

I have a Blackjack, AT&T's answer to the Blackberry....it was Josh's till he got his Iphone.....He loves his apps, but for now, what I have serves it's purpose.....

CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2018-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cell Phone Apps!   

Back to top Go down

Cell Phone Apps!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1