Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's in!

Go down 
+4
bethandmanly
Rob
LIWnut
Savannah
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
It's in! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : It's in! Happy010

It's in! Empty
PostSubject: It's in!   It's in! EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:38 pm

The portrait is entered in ArtPrize! It's in! 303544 I'm really excited about this. Whether I place or not is beside the point for me - I'm just thrilled about the whole idea. And, after I had finished my registration, I realized that it was two years ago today that I started drawing! I drew an eye. One lonely eye....And I was so excited that I actually made Rob look at it. It's in! 135245 And two years later, to the day, I'm entering an art competition. I'd never have believed it!

On June 1st, I have to start trying to find a venue to host my portrait. And on September 22, the voting begins. It's all in-person voting - none of it takes place online. And voting ends October 10. Last year there were over 1200 entries, and they're expecting even more this year. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens! And now, to start scouting out venue sites! It's in! 339759 It's in! 702150
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : It's in! Cloud910

It's in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's in!   It's in! EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:45 pm

What did you name it, or are you still thinking that out?

It's in! MarilynKeeper It's in! Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : It's in! Goodsi10

It's in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's in!   It's in! EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:59 pm

Congratulations! It's in! 928330

(Pssst... hey everybody, the top prize is $250,000, so you may want to start being extra nice to Savannah. It's in! 771460 )
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
It's in! Princesrank
Savannah

It's in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's in!   It's in! EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:08 pm

It's in! 135245 I don't think they have to worry about that. But thanks for the congratulations!

Marilyn, I have a temporary title on it. So far, The Little Beachcomber is ahead among family & friends here in town, and is slightly ahead in the poll here on the board.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : It's in! Bokmal10

It's in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's in!   It's in! EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:11 pm

Fingers crossed and prayers going up.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : It's in! Love-s10

It's in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's in!   It's in! EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:30 pm

SUPER! So excited for you. I understand the fun you feel in this accomplishment. I've been at drawing only 14 months now and who knows where I'll be in a year.
Do you ever feel like there is so much you want to draw it overcomes you??? I feel like that all the time.
Good luck....you have all of our votes!!

It's in! Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : It's in! Pbucket

It's in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's in!   It's in! EmptyTue May 04, 2010 3:46 am

Good luck Savannah. We're all proud of you no matter how you do.

Pity it wasn't on-line voting! You'd definitely win with all the support you have here!

It's in! MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
It's in! Princesrank
Savannah

It's in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's in!   It's in! EmptyTue May 04, 2010 6:36 am

Thank you, Maureen! It's in! 410460 I was disappointed last year when I saw that I wasn't able to vote for anyone online. I couldn't get in to Grand Rapids because I was too busy, and I really wanted to vote for one piece in particular. (It ended up coming in third, though, which the artist was thrilled with. It's in! 185146 )

Thanks, Gin! Yep! I remember you telling me that you'd only started drawing portraits a little over a year ago. It's in! 70708 That's wonderful! It must have been so exciting for you to see your drawings become "real"! I'm very thankful for how-to books like the one that you mentioned that helped you! Shortly after I drew my first portrait, I wrote Lee Hammond (the author of the book that introduced me to drawing) and thanked her for taking the time to write it, and for sharing her knowledge with others. It opened up a whole new world to me, and I'm sure it has to many other people as well!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

It's in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's in!   It's in! EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:57 am

I can't believe all you've accomplished in two years, Savannah. You should be very proud! Keep us posted.

It's in! PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : It's in! Love-s10

It's in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's in!   It's in! EmptyTue May 04, 2010 10:07 am

carolineingalls wrote:
Good luck Savannah. We're all proud of you no matter how you do.

Pity it wasn't on-line voting! You'd definitely win with all the support you have here!

That's right! Thumbsup

Congratulations Savannah---I'm glad you've gained the confidence to enter this year...you certainly have a great chance! Applause

(I like that title too. Wink )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's in!   It's in! Empty

Back to top Go down

It's in!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: