Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alison Arngrim on Facebook

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

Alison Arngrim on Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Alison Arngrim on Facebook   Alison Arngrim on Facebook EmptySat May 15, 2010 10:37 am

If you're on Facebook, you know how they post suggestions for friends and fan pages on the side. Usually I ignore these, but earlier this week, I saw a suggestion for the Alison Arngrim Fan Page, so I clicked the "Like" button. She provides regular updates and sometimes responds to fans' questions. She's talking a lot about her book that will be out on June 15. If you're on Facebook, you might want to check it out.

Alison Arngrim on Facebook JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Alison Arngrim on Facebook Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim on Facebook   Alison Arngrim on Facebook EmptySat May 15, 2010 3:29 pm

She's also on Twitter under Arngrim. It's nice to keep up to date on everything she's doing. I think MSA is on Facebook, and MG is on Facebook and Twitter too. Dean is also on both sites. Patrick (Andy Garvey) is on Twitter, not sure if he's on FB.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Alison Arngrim on Facebook Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim on Facebook   Alison Arngrim on Facebook EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:44 am

Melissa, Charlotte Stewart, Patrick and Matthew Labyorteaux are all on facebook.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim on Facebook   Alison Arngrim on Facebook EmptyWed May 19, 2010 8:38 am

It would be great having theses people as friends on Facebook, I might try it.
Organ
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim on Facebook   Alison Arngrim on Facebook EmptyWed May 19, 2010 4:51 pm

Some of them are on my list. Others will not add fans. That's understandable though.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim on Facebook   Alison Arngrim on Facebook EmptySat May 22, 2010 9:22 am

One thing to be careful about is there are a lot of fake celebrity pages on Facebook. Somebody just sets up a page and pretends to be a certain celebrity. As far as I know, there's no easy way to know for sure whether a celebrity page is legitimate. I did look at the MG and MSA pages, and they seem to be legitimate.

On the other hand, as 7th Heaven is also one of my favorite shows, I looked for FB pages for some of the stars of that show. I found a page for Mackenzie Rosman (Ruthie), which at first seemed legitimate, but then after a while I got suspicious. For one thing, it looked like a typical FB page, with posts about mundane details of life, with many personal replies to "friends". Most celebrity pages I've seen typically have mostly publicity information and very few, if any, personal details. Another thing that clued me in was that the impostor didn't reveal any detals about the show or co-stars that even the casual fan wouldn't know. Finally, the dead giveaway that the page was a fake was that in the profile information, the impostor said she had played "Ruthy" on 7th Heaven for 10 seasons. There are two things wrong with that -- 7th Heaven ran for 11 seasons, not 10, and the character's name was "Ruthie", not "Ruthy". One would think that anybody who played the same character on TV for 11 seasons would know how long they played the character and how to spell the character's name!

I don't know what would possess somebody to assume a celebrity's identity and mislead legitimate fans into thinking they are corresponding with the real celebrity. That has to be a warped mind at work. The sad thing is most "fans" probably never figure it out.

Alison Arngrim on Facebook JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim on Facebook   Alison Arngrim on Facebook EmptySat May 22, 2010 7:28 pm

OMG seriously, there are scads of fake profiles on there and Myspace. It's pathetic. Why would you want to fake to be a celeb? They need to get a life. There was a fake MG Myspace a couple years ago and the real MG saw it and was very upset. The impostor found out and apologized to everyone on her friend list. And some people are so stupid, they would think it is really that celeb. I had a fan dedication page and a disclaimer that I was not actually that person, but people still thought I was really them. It made me so mad.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim on Facebook   Alison Arngrim on Facebook EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:59 pm

Yes...I'm friend of a Spanish famous children group (well...they were famous when I was a girl myself! greenS ), and once a person appeared there to say he was one of the members of this group. Later, we found out he was fake...It's really sad and idiot. Why those people would do these stupid kind of things? That doesn't brings any benefits to them, nor to the people who believes he/she is for real.

Facebook is a great way of comunication (I'm in it!), but it could be quite dangerous too...We may be providing personal info to people we didn't know. What do you think about it? Blue

Vanesa.

Alison Arngrim on Facebook Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim on Facebook   Alison Arngrim on Facebook EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:22 pm

Yes very true. There have been a lot of bad happenings on there. There was an article "Five hidden dangers of Facebook. Here are the 5 things they talked about. 1. Your information is being shared with 3rd parties. 2. Privacy settings revert back to a less safe mode after each redesign. 3. Facebook adds contain malware. 4. Your real friends unknowingly make you vulnerable. 5. Scammers are creating fake profiles. Also I read a lot of those games and apps on there cause problems as well.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim on Facebook   Alison Arngrim on Facebook EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:44 pm

More than true...Every time I go to Facebook, to write in my profile or to comment something on other people's walls, I think one, two and three times what I will write. I don't want that EVERYONE knows about my private thinks and feelings.
Besides, there's the private pics issue..All the pics we posts there could be seen by a large amount of people. Who knows if they could be used in a bad way? scared

Vanesa.

Alison Arngrim on Facebook Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim on Facebook   Alison Arngrim on Facebook EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:51 am

Also at some point everyone was able to see private chats. That has since been fixed. I actually have 2 different Facebooks. One is for private stuff that I don't want certain people seeing. People have questioned me about it. I guess they think it is strange, but it is for a good reason. I had a coworker that would go back to people at work and blab about what I was saying on there. Also she would ask me personal questions about me and the guy I used to date and then go and make fun of me for telling her about us. I thought she was asking as a friend. She also did that to another friend of mine. So needles to say I blocked her completely. What a loser. She just feels insecure about herself so she has to go and talk to others like we are in grade school.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim on Facebook   Alison Arngrim on Facebook EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:03 pm

MattLabMyLove wrote:
Also at some point everyone was able to see private chats. That has since been fixed. I actually have 2 different Facebooks. One is for private stuff that I don't want certain people seeing. People have questioned me about it. I guess they think it is strange, but it is for a good reason. I had a coworker that would go back to people at work and blab about what I was saying on there. Also she would ask me personal questions about me and the guy I used to date and then go and make fun of me for telling her about us. I thought she was asking as a friend. She also did that to another friend of mine. So needles to say I blocked her completely. What a loser. She just feels insecure about herself so she has to go and talk to others like we are in grade school.

nothing wrong with to pages....I understand that...you in a way i alll want a second page..Cuz i have some family on my friends list and if iam in a pissy mood or whatever i feel i can't post it now cuz i have to watch what i say.lol like u know what i mean.lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim on Facebook   Alison Arngrim on Facebook Empty

Back to top Go down

Alison Arngrim on Facebook
Page 1 of 1