Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Our newest addition, Cain

Go down 
+6
Savannah
Lori
Gin
bethandmanly
Teresa
Misti
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Our newest addition, Cain Happy010

Our newest addition, Cain Empty
PostSubject: Our newest addition, Cain   Our newest addition, Cain EmptySun May 30, 2010 5:05 am

I thought I'd share a couple pictures with you all of our newest dog, Cain. This day was several weeks in the making. When I worked on my paper route I would always drive by this trailer that had this little pen in the back yard. It about a 4x5 or so area and according to the neighbors the dog stayed in there constantly. I felt so sorry for the dog because he literally had no room to move around. I talked to the neighbor several days ago & she said that the top had come off his dog house and the poor thing was outside, howling, for hours on end. And we have had 100 degree days here lately. The neighbor finally roused the person in the trailer to come out & put the top back on the shelter for the poor dog.

So I was going to call the neighbor & pass along the message that if he wanted to get rid of the dog, we'd take it. No sooner had I decided to do that when the neighbor called me & said they had talked to the person in the trailer that they knew someone that wanted the dog. He immediately said yes and to come get it. He didn't want it!

So Saturday evening we went & got the dog. I know he's got adjustments to make with all the space, another dog for a companion, so on and so forth, but he seems really happy to be here. And David had the water hose on today and the dog got right in the middle of it! He loves the water.

I will post pics tomorrow. They aren't wanting to load tonight.

Our handsome new about a year and a half old Siberian Husky...
Our newest addition, Cain Dscn0310
Our newest addition, Cain Dscn0311

Our newest addition, Cain HummerOur newest addition, Cain MistiKeeperOur newest addition, Cain Bookclub5Our newest addition, Cain Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."

Last edited by Misti on Mon May 31, 2010 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Our newest addition, Cain   Our newest addition, Cain EmptySun May 30, 2010 10:10 am

That's awesome, Misti!! He's going to LOVE his new home, and his new family! It sounds like he loves it already.

Our newest addition, Cain TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Our newest addition, Cain Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Our newest addition, Cain   Our newest addition, Cain EmptySun May 30, 2010 4:16 pm

Awe, how awesome. Can't wait to see the pics.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Our newest addition, Cain Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Our newest addition, Cain   Our newest addition, Cain EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:24 am

He is beautiful! I have wanted one like that, but he would die of heatstroke here! I don't have the space for a dog that size either. Good luck, I'm sure he will do fine.

Our newest addition, Cain Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Our newest addition, Cain   Our newest addition, Cain EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:07 am

Cute dog.

Our newest addition, Cain Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Our newest addition, Cain   Our newest addition, Cain EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:17 am

I bet he's so excited to be out and about, running in the grass. I'm so glad that you were able to take him in, Misti, and make him a part of your family.

Our newest addition, Cain TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Our newest addition, Cain Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

PostSubject: Re: Our newest addition, Cain   Our newest addition, Cain EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:47 am

Awww! I love the second picture! Our newest addition, Cain 135245 Curious little fella!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Our newest addition, Cain   Our newest addition, Cain EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:25 pm

I'm sending Cain lots of hugs and virtual doggie biscuits!!! He's such a handsome boy... loveheart

I'm so glad you could take him Misti.

Our newest addition, Cain Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Our newest addition, Cain Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Our newest addition, Cain   Our newest addition, Cain EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 1:51 pm

OH MY GOSH MISTI!!!! Be mindful of that name.....that is the name of the dog my son owns......He is an 80# pitbull and he lives up to that name every day....... HeeHee

Our newest addition, Cain Rhonda10Our newest addition, Cain Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Our newest addition, Cain   Our newest addition, Cain EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 12:13 am

Now that's a pretty puppy.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Our newest addition, Cain   Our newest addition, Cain EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 3:00 am

Thanks, all. I talked to his previous owner the other day & come to find out he is a registered Husky with papers. The woman that bought him as a puppy for her son paid $250 for him. Unfortunately he ended up in his...I call it prison...and they didn't let him out much. She is supposed to get the paperwork to me.

I did go by the other day & get a couple pictures of his former home. Sorry they aren't better quality, but this is what he lived in for a year and a half.
Our newest addition, Cain Cains_10
Our newest addition, Cain Cains_11
He LOVES the water!
Our newest addition, Cain Dscn0312
Pestering the cows!
Our newest addition, Cain Dscn0410

Our newest addition, Cain HummerOur newest addition, Cain MistiKeeperOur newest addition, Cain Bookclub5Our newest addition, Cain Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Our newest addition, Cain   Our newest addition, Cain EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 12:20 pm

He is one lucky dog now. He will thrive so much better with you Misti.

Our newest addition, Cain Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Our newest addition, Cain   Our newest addition, Cain EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:41 pm

Wow!!! That is like seeing my dog Rocky! He's a good looking pup you got there Misti! Thumbsup

Our newest addition, Cain Horses10
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Our newest addition, Cain   Our newest addition, Cain EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 8:42 am

Looks like he enjoys the sprinkler.

Our newest addition, Cain Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Our newest addition, Cain   Our newest addition, Cain EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 12:34 am

Oh, I'm just now seeing these! Those pics are adorable Misti----AND hilarious!! Congrats on your new family member! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Our newest addition, Cain   Our newest addition, Cain EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 1:07 am

His is a great dog! He looks healthy, happy and intelligent. And he is lucky of having a wonderful owner as you are!

Vanesa.

Our newest addition, Cain Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our newest addition, Cain   Our newest addition, Cain Empty

Back to top Go down

Our newest addition, Cain
Page 1 of 1