Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Not sure if this is true or not...

Go down 
+3
JW
Savannah
Rob
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Not sure if this is true or not... Goodsi10

Not sure if this is true or not... Empty
PostSubject: Not sure if this is true or not...   Not sure if this is true or not... EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 2:32 pm

...but it's interesting:

Census discovers 157-year-old woman
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Not sure if this is true or not... Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Not sure if this is true or not... Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is true or not...   Not sure if this is true or not... EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 3:04 pm

Rob! I asked you not to reveal my age!! Not sure if this is true or not... 263865 batEyes

That is interesting! I have some friends living in Indonesia right now....I wonder if they've heard about this. I'll have to ask them! Thanks for posting it!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Not sure if this is true or not... Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is true or not...   Not sure if this is true or not... EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:41 pm

I didn't think you'd mind. We're all family here. Not sure if this is true or not... 771460

It's neat to think that, if it's true, this lady was in her 20s when Laura Ingalls was living out her childhood adventures.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Not sure if this is true or not... Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Not sure if this is true or not... Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is true or not...   Not sure if this is true or not... EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:10 pm

Not sure if this is true or not... 184143
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Not sure if this is true or not... Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is true or not...   Not sure if this is true or not... EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 11:50 pm

Oh Wow Cool it would be nice to see a pic of her

Not sure if this is true or not... Jacobk10Not sure if this is true or not... Jacob210
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is true or not...   Not sure if this is true or not... EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:51 am

Rob wrote:
It's neat to think that, if it's true, this lady was in her 20s when Laura Ingalls was living out her childhood adventures.

That is neat!

The stories this woman could tell and the things she's seen.

Not sure if this is true or not... PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Not sure if this is true or not... Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is true or not...   Not sure if this is true or not... EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:28 am

Holy cow!!! Yikes

I'm trying to remember the age of the lady we discussed not too long ago on the board? She wasn't this 122 year old frenchwoman they're mentioning here in this article, was she? It seems like the woman we discussed was in her 130's? I'm drawing a blank now.

This blew me away, in the article about the 157 year old:

"Despite her age she still has an incredible memory, clear sight and has no hearing problems. She speaks Dutch quite fluently," he added. Indonesia was a Dutch colony for hundreds of years until 1945."

AND she smokes clove cigarettes daily and still works around the house?!?! Unbelieveable! OhMy
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Not sure if this is true or not... Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is true or not...   Not sure if this is true or not... EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:15 am

It seems quite odd, but it could be true. scratchead

Vanesa.

Not sure if this is true or not... Vanesa10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is true or not...   Not sure if this is true or not... EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 9:51 am

wow, that would be awesome if it was true, not sure I would like to live to that age.
scratchead
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Not sure if this is true or not... Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is true or not...   Not sure if this is true or not... EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 10:34 am

TOFFEE wrote:
wow, that would be awesome if it was true, not sure I would like to live to that age.
scratchead

I agree with you....just imagine all the loss she has faced in her life, for one thing. No
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Not sure if this is true or not... Party010

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is true or not...   Not sure if this is true or not... EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 3:43 am

You know she's old when her daughter is 108, which I'm assuming has been proved by the way the article was worded.

I wouldn't wanna be here that long. See all my loved ones die, and nations penchant for making history repeat itself. Nah, I don't think so. I used to worry that was how God would punish me for my transgressions. I wouldn't even wanna think about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is true or not...   Not sure if this is true or not... Empty

Back to top Go down

Not sure if this is true or not...
Page 1 of 1