Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The World Cup Begins!!!

Go down 
+3
bethandmanly
Rob
Carol
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 Happy010

The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:28 pm

Rob! Frying pan
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62610
Mood : The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 10:01 pm

I can't believe it. Panned for simply pointing out one of the basic rules of futbol. The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 Kopfschuettel The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 771460
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 10:39 pm

Rob wrote:
I can't believe it. Panned for simply pointing out one of the basic rules of futbol. The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 Kopfschuettel The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 771460

batEyes
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 11:01 pm

Savannah wrote:
Rob! Frying pan

Rob wrote:

You know, I was afraid that was going to happen. HeeHee
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 11:02 pm

I blame Carol. The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 771460
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:40 pm

Those are just a few Amy! I will post my next batch soon.. Laughing

Okay... today's Argentina vs. S. Korea match was just beautiful! Soccer

Argentina won 4 to 1 and Gonzalo was theeeee man of the match scoring 3 goals!!! But thanks to his teammates too! What a way to work together! Why can't I stop yelling?! LOL
The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 Arko1

I am so happy for Argentina! Bliss
The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 Arko2

The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 6:53 pm

My son saw it while at work today, during break. He thought it was beautiful too! 4-1 is pretty HUGE!!!

And this is pretty cool....he's been watching it all week, and is re-inspired to play soccer again! He played from first grade through 8th grade, but developed "Osgood Schlatter's disease" in both his knees. It's generally a 'growth spurt' issue, and he doesn't think he suffers from it anymore (he's not certain, since he hasn't played any sports since 8th grade). Anyway, he is going to check into playing soccer for his college, either intramural or actually trying out for the team! SO cool that watching the World Cup has reignited his passion for this awesome sport! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:58 pm

Amy wrote:
My son saw it while at work today, during break. He thought it was beautiful too! 4-1 is pretty HUGE!!!

And this is pretty cool....he's been watching it all week, and is re-inspired to play soccer again! He played from first grade through 8th grade, but developed "Osgood Schlatter's disease" in both his knees. It's generally a 'growth spurt' issue, and he doesn't think he suffers from it anymore (he's not certain, since he hasn't played any sports since 8th grade). Anyway, he is going to check into playing soccer for his college, either intramural or actually trying out for the team! SO cool that watching the World Cup has reignited his passion for this awesome sport! The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 70708

How cool is that, Amy! I hope he's able to play again!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 9:37 pm

That's great, Amy! The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 39447
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 1:04 am

WOW!!!! I'm happy! Argentina bet Corea and did a wonderful match! Thanks for the wonderful pictures, Carol, you are a dear!!! Thumbsup

yesss happy1 Goodpost Drunk Soccer Cheer Bliss jumphappy

Vanesa.

The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 2:54 pm

I haven't really watched any of the world cup, other than if someone turned it on during school, but today during english class my teacher had the USA game on, and he was getting pretty into it, so the class was too Laughing but I wish USA had won!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:16 pm

The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 Vmusa It's a happy day for USA today!!!!

They tied with Slovenia 2 to 2 and are staying in the game! The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 Vuvuzelasmiley
They made a 3rd goal though, but the ref called a foul and didn't count it! The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 Swear2

The men of the match: Landon Donovan & Michael Bradley (the coach's son)!
The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 175507 The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 233531

Celebration!

The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 Ussl1

The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 Ussl2

The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 Ussl3

The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 Ussl4

Last edited by Carol on Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:25 pm

Savannah wrote:
Amy wrote:

And this is pretty cool....he's been watching it all week, and is re-inspired to play soccer again! He played from first grade through 8th grade, but developed "Osgood Schlatter's disease" in both his knees. It's generally a 'growth spurt' issue, and he doesn't think he suffers from it anymore (he's not certain, since he hasn't played any sports since 8th grade). Anyway, he is going to check into playing soccer for his college, either intramural or actually trying out for the team! SO cool that watching the World Cup has reignited his passion for this awesome sport! The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 70708

How cool is that, Amy! I hope he's able to play again!

Rob wrote:
That's great, Amy! The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 39447

Thanks guys---I'm happy about it too! Hopefully he'll be able to coordinate it with his marching band schedule. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:40 pm

Should have been a goal!

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 1:23 am

I'm happy that USA's is doing so well in this World Cup! Thumbsup happy1

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 5:07 pm

What a game! Landon Donovan scores a goal in the closing minutes to give the US a 1-0 win over Algeria. That sends the Americans on to the next round. Woo-hoo!

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 12:51 am

Great! And Argentina also did a quite good match two days ago. I still sad for Greek people, since we have a huge community of Greeks here in my country.

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 6:59 pm

This isn't from the World Cup, but it's still very cool. The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 135245

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:50 am

I'm sorry that USA's team must leave World Cup. But EEUU did an excellent work and I liked a lot the way they played.

I'm very happy for Argentina, my own country...Today we've beated Mexico's team (it was VERY good Thumbsup ) and our National Team had a great performance. However, now we must win over Germany and that's not easy. Germany beated Engtland team by FOUR goals!!! They plays extremely well. I think that now we will lost and leave South Africa *sigh* Blue But we did a wonderful play until here and I'm really, really satisfied by our team. yesss yes happy1 Bliss Cheer stars groupdance jumphappy bravo

By the way, my nephews are half-German, so I suppose I must be a little relieved for them! scared

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 8:12 am

Congrats to Argentina, Vanesa!! Soccer Applause

Rob, that longest soccer shot in incredible!! HOW did that even happen?!?! thud
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:44 am

For some reason I find it hilarious that the octopus's name is "Paul." The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 222270
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 1:13 am

Argentina is out of World Cup. Germany's team did a much better match than us. Now, I'm going for Germany, the Netherlands or Spain. I like all three countries, so for me, it's the same that the champion should be one or another...But I wish that the Netherlands could repport the victory, since their crownprincess, Maxima is born in Argentina! greenS HeeHee

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 1:54 am

Rob wrote:
For some reason I find it hilarious that the octopus's name is "Paul." The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 222270

The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 135245 I got a laugh out of that too! But the post disappeared! I'll re-post the story:

BERLIN (AP)—The eight-legged oracle has spoken: Paul the octopus says Spain will sink three-time champion Germany in their World Cup semifinal.
The floppy football (soccer) fan from Oberhausen’s Sea Life Aquarium on Tuesday chose a mussel from a glass tank marked with a Spanish flag and ignored a tank emblazoned with Germany’s colors, spokesman Daniel Fey said.

But there could still be hope for the Germans.
The only time the usually-prescient Paul has erred in the past was ahead of the Germany-Spain final at the 2008 European Championship. Paul picked Germany; Spain prevailed 1-0.
“Paul has decided that Spain will win,” Fey said in a phone interview. “But—and that’s a big but—Paul got it wrong only one time and that was also a game between Germany and Spain, therefore we think he just simply can’t get it right when it comes to this combination.”
Amid intense anticipation of Wednesday’s game, the eight-legged expert’s pick was even carried live by two national all-news television stations.
Paul, a two-year-old British born octopus with a purple-yellowish complexion and hundreds of suckers, wrapped himself around a pole between the two tanks, occasionally extending several of his eight legs toward the German glass before moving his whole body onto the Spanish side.
“Once he sat on top of the Spanish glass, he opened the lid with one tentacle and grabbed the mussel with another one,” Fey said.
He added that analysts are still pondering whether Paul’s forecasts on games between Germany and Spain may have to do with a potential case of color blindness—the German tricolor of black, red and yellow may be hard to distinguish from the red-yellow-red stripes of Spain
Paul’s record at this World Cup has been flawless so far. In the first round of play, he correctly predicted German victories over Australia and Ghana and the country’s loss to Serbia.
England and Argentina then produced invertebrate performances in the next two rounds to match Paul’s predictions that Germany would win.
If Germany wins the semifinal despite Paul’s prediction, the octopus will be allowed to predict the outcome of Sunday’s final as well, Fey said.
Now it’s up to seafood-crazy Spain to prove him right.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 2:04 am

Vanesa wrote:
Argentina is out of World Cup. Germany's team did a much better match than us. Now, I'm going for Germany, the Netherlands or Spain. I like all three countries, so for me, it's the same that the champion should be one or another...But I wish that the Netherlands could repport the victory, since their crownprincess, Maxima is born in Argentina! greenS HeeHee

Vanesa.

Vanessa, how could you go for Germany after they murdered Argentina?! No no no! Noo LOL
I was really stunned during that game... I think that early goal from the German team really messed them up :(

I am really hoping for a Spain victory tomorrow! pray Offtobed

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup Begins!!!   The World Cup Begins!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The World Cup Begins!!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next