Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alison Arngrim's book

Go down 
+20
kermitfan
Harrietfan
DietCokeofEvil
Joe
Krissy
alexczarn
MissOleson
Gin
Amy
HarrisonCrosby4387
ChristinaAL
carolineingalls
Kristina
Cetacea
LIWnut
Debbie
Vanesa
Carol
Savannah
bethandmanly
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : book - Alison Arngrim's book Bokmal10

book - Alison Arngrim's book Empty
PostSubject: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:44 pm

I was curious who bought it. If you did, have you read it? I received mine yesterday and I've already read it. Would read it again if I didn't have 70 or more books to review. I love her writing style--even more conversational than MSA's, similiar to what I've read in MG's book. She did use cuss words, but I didn't feel they were used for shock value, unlike MG's book where they just seemed out of place and awkward. Maybe I just assume Nellie Oleson would swear like a sailor. Laughing

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
book - Alison Arngrim's book Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : book - Alison Arngrim's book Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:51 pm

Well, the title does give a bit of an indication that she might not be above using such language. batEyes

I haven't read it. And wow! You have a lot of books to review! book - Alison Arngrim's book 70708
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 10:55 pm

There's partially a reason behind the foul language that she mentions in the book. It's definitely her shtick.

I always have tons of books to review. At this point I have a lot of writing friends. They tell me I write wonderful reviews. There must be some truth to it because I'm turning people away so I can catch up.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 10:57 pm

Will have to request this one from the library...

book - Alison Arngrim's book Horses10
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 12:55 am

I feel I'm behind of all of you in my "Little House" readings! To order these e books from USA's should ve too much expensive for me for devaluation. But I must not complain, since I have good friends here who could write down in this little place what those books are about. greenS HeeHee Alison's one must be great!!! She uses to be such a wacko!

Vanesa.

book - Alison Arngrim's book Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
book - Alison Arngrim's book Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 8:17 am

I haven't read any of the Little House actors' tell-all books, either, Vanesa - so you aren't alone. book - Alison Arngrim's book 811339
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 9:18 am

MSA's book really isn't a tell-all, not compared to the other two. She shares some stuff that might surprise you, but overall it's just her life during her years on LHOP.

Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : book - Alison Arngrim's book Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 9:47 pm

Did anyone see A.A. on TV this morning talking about her book? I can't remember which morning show it was on, but it was one of the main tv networks.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 12:51 am

Savannah wrote:
I haven't read any of the Little House actors' tell-all books, either, Vanesa - so you aren't alone. book - Alison Arngrim's book 811339

Wow!!! I feel some relief now! batEyes greenS

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : book - Alison Arngrim's book Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 9:27 am

I bought Alison's book this week and am about halfway through it. I hesitated to buy the book due to the title. I have never in my life uttered that word and never will but I decided to get the book anyway. I had a very difficult time reading MG's book because of the language in it, she was throwing out cuss words left right and centre where they weren't needed at all.
I met Alison in Keystone last Sept and asked her directly if her book would be as vulgar. She laughed and told me that there would be some in it but not to the degree that her friend had used them.
So, I went and bought the book and am enjoying it. The cuss words don't seem out of place, she writes as she talks.

book - Alison Arngrim's book MarilynKeeper book - Alison Arngrim's book Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Cetacea
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 24
Mood : book - Alison Arngrim's book Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:07 am

I've ordered the book together with Melissa Andersons one. But it hasn't arrived yet. I hope I will have it soon.

How many pages does it have?
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 12:35 pm

just bought it yesterday and I'm already several chapters into it. it reveals a lot about Alison's life! its good so far
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 4:50 pm

LIWnut wrote:
I had a very difficult time reading MG's book because of the language in it, she was throwing out cuss words left right and centre where they weren't needed at all.

So, I went and bought the book and am enjoying it. The cuss words don't seem out of place, she writes as she talks.

That's how I felt about it too. In Melissa's book they just seemed dropped for shock value. While Alison uses them, and the F-word even makes an appearance, they don't stand out as much.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 4:51 pm

Cetacea wrote:
How many pages does it have?

It's 300, but it reads very quickly.

Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : book - Alison Arngrim's book Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:11 pm

Received my copy in the post yesterday but haven't started reading it yet. Looks interesting!

book - Alison Arngrim's book MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 2:15 am

Have a good read, Maureen! And then, tell us what you think about the book. Thumbsup

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:36 am

[b]To be honest! IAm Not really Sure if i wanna buy this book or not. I seem to just read the books once. I did read MG's one and like i said before i was really shocked and what i read & what she said. I mean i learned stuff i did't know..Sometimes all the "Tell All books" Sound or seem the same to me. I know nobody's life perfect.I think the ladies are very bravey for sharing there stories tho.[b]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:53 am

is the books coming to book stores? or can u only get them online?
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:17 pm

I'm sure the larger bookstores will carry them: Borders and Barnes and Noble. Alison had a signing in some of these so I'm sure you'll find them. Bookstores can also order books if they don't have them in stock.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : book - Alison Arngrim's book Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 6:48 pm

Krissy, I got mine at Chapters. Try the bigger name bookstores like Chapters or Coles.

book - Alison Arngrim's book MarilynKeeper book - Alison Arngrim's book Bookclub2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:09 pm

ok will look next time
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 11:17 pm

I haven't been on the computer much lately, so I forgot about Alison's book coming out. What a pleasant surprise I had when at Border's today! My husband said I looked like a kid in a candy shop, but I started the book and wish I had time to read more tonight. I purposely skipped most of this thread to avoid spoilers but I'll be back on once I've read some more grinsmiley

book - Alison Arngrim's book ChristinaKeeper2 book - Alison Arngrim's book 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:36 am

Don't worry! Read the book and then come here again and tell us if the readin is worth to have the it. Thumbsup

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : book - Alison Arngrim's book Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:34 pm

There was an article with her about this book in people magazine in the book review section!

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 10:18 pm

i seen the book bur i did't buy it yet..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   book - Alison Arngrim's book Empty

Back to top Go down

Alison Arngrim's book
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next