HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Alison Arngrim's book

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13370
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:25 am

MattLabMyLove wrote:
There was an article with her about this book in people magazine in the book review section!

How many stars did People give it, do you remember Beckie? Christina, I'll be interested to hear what you thought of the book! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5918
Location : Curled up with a great book.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:40 pm

I got Alison's book for my birthday and read it in 2 days. I truly liked this book and it gave me a peek into who Alison is inside. She has been through a whole lot and has made good choices due to those things.
Yes, there were strong language, to a point. BUT it was mostly Alison quoting someone or just to express her passion for the subject. Not that I think that is okay....
It made me see how she had to embrace not being the "sweetheart" of the prairie. She really had some tough things to deal with in being the brat.
She has been through losses and they've made her a strong woman. She has put her footprint on the rights of children and their safety. It took her well known face to do that. She has come out on the other side a survivor. I am glad she wrote this book, and yes, I think its worth reading.




It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5178
Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:02 am

Thanks for the info, Gin. I suppose that if I read the book I will not share 100% Alison's views, but it must be a good book...Besides, everything related to LHOTP must be worth reading! greenS Laughing
Vanesa.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:22 am

sounds good
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler


Number of posts : 895
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:38 pm

Because I have to save money towards a new car, I have been in the habit of checking books out from the library lately. I am too ashamed to admit the amount of books that I have yet to read that are sitting in my house. Those ridiculous used book sales get me every time! Ranting While I do have these books to read, I couldn't resist requesting Alison Arngrim's book to read as soon as it was available.


I read it before I went out-of-town. I know some people might find the language offensive, but it really doesn't bother me (although I didn't understand why Melissa Gilbert HAD to use it all the time). To be honest, when I first heard that was the title of her book, I laughed. I thought it was funny. In fact, I laughed throughout the book. While her life wasn't easy at times, she has a great way of telling her story. And she does so through humor. I personally enjoyed it much more than Melissa's. And I would be willing to give this another read sometime. I do have to admit that I really enjoyed her section of the descriptions of all the characters on LH. Especially the one about Carrie. That was funny. Smile


It was an extrememly quick read, and I would definitely recommend this to any fan.


I have yet to read Melissa Sue's book. All of those copies were out. The only reason I was able to get Alison's was because I managed to be the first person to request. Smile


Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker


Number of posts : 8654
Location : California Country
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:53 am

Okay, I don't know WHAT is going on or what Alison has said about Melissa Sue Anderson but this is a response that Melissa is giving out to Alison:



To: Alison Arngrim

From: Melissa Anderson

I have not bothered to repudiate the lies and innuendos about me that people have told me are in your book. I have not bothered to refute the lies and innuendos about me you have spread in various interviews. If that’s what you feel you need to do to try and sell your book, it’s pretty pathetic, but that’s your decision. But when you state that I renounced my American citizenship, this is going too far. This is COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY UNTRUE. No one is a more patriotic American than me and at no time did I, or would I EVER renounce my American citizenship. My attorney informs me that some of these statements could be construed as Defamation of Character, and if you do not cease this ludicrous smear campaign HE will be the next one to contact you. If you want to live in the Little House past and base your career on being the real life reincarnation of your nasty TV character, that is your affair. I have not uttered a single unkind word about you, either in print or in the media. Take a page from MY book, Alison, and grow up.


***************

Does anyone know what this is about??? scratchead

I will say this. When I was active at PrairieTalk, I participated in this thread where we were making fun of Carrie and her acting and laughing about it. Brian Part (Carl) goes to that forum and he got upset at what we said and basically told us to grow up.

Well, when I went to see Alison's show in Hollywood, she had a segment on Carrie's character and her not speaking right and saying maybe only aliens could understand her, she had the whole audience laughing. I wonder how Brian Part would react to that, wonder if he would tell her to grow up! Looks like Melissa Sue did lol


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23096
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:31 am

Carol wrote:
Okay, I don't know WHAT is going on or what Alison has said about Melissa Sue Anderson but this is a response that Melissa is giving out to Alison:



To: Alison Arngrim

From: Melissa Anderson

I have not bothered to repudiate the lies and innuendos about me that people have told me are in your book. I have not bothered to refute the lies and innuendos about me you have spread in various interviews. If that’s what you feel you need to do to try and sell your book, it’s pretty pathetic, but that’s your decision. But when you state that I renounced my American citizenship, this is going too far. This is COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY UNTRUE. No one is a more patriotic American than me and at no time did I, or would I EVER renounce my American citizenship. My attorney informs me that some of these statements could be construed as Defamation of Character, and if you do not cease this ludicrous smear campaign HE will be the next one to contact you. If you want to live in the Little House past and base your career on being the real life reincarnation of your nasty TV character, that is your affair. I have not uttered a single unkind word about you, either in print or in the media. Take a page from MY book, Alison, and grow up.


***************

Does anyone know what this is about??? scratchead

I will say this. When I was active at PrairieTalk, I participated in this thread where we were making fun of Carrie and her acting and laughing about it. Brian Part (Carl) goes to that forum and he got upset at what we said and basically told us to grow up.

Well, when I went to see Alison's show in Hollywood, she had a segment on Carrie's character and her not speaking right and saying maybe only aliens could understand her, she had the whole audience laughing. I wonder how Brian Part would react to that, wonder if he would tell her to grow up! Looks like Melissa Sue did lol

Hmm sounds like Nellie still can't get on with Mary. I too wonder what is going on scratchead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva


Number of posts : 7212
Location : In a book
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:52 am

Where did you see this Carol? The feud between them never seemed to go away. Melissa Gilbert and Alison had some very not nice things to say when Melissa Sue's book came out. I think these were Twitter conversations, as I don't believe MG is on Facebook--or if she is she doesn't use it with the same frequency as Twitter.

Having read Alison's book, I can say that although I loved it, I wished she hadn't picked on MSA so much. It seems there is no love lost between them. It must be hurtful to continually be picked apart by your co-stars, even after all this time.

I'm not sure why denouncing her citizenship would be such a big deal, but it looks like Alison crossed a line with her.

I remember what happened at PT. I think we were all shocked too, but can you blame him? I can't say that I thought the Greenbush twins were the greatest actresses, but some of the comments that were made were uncalled for. We have to remember that they are people too.

Okay, climbing off my soapbox now. soapbox


Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Carol
Adventure Seeker


Number of posts : 8654
Location : California Country
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:35 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Where did you see this Carol?

Having read Alison's book, I can say that although I loved it, I wished she hadn't picked on MSA so much. It seems there is no love lost between them. It must be hurtful to continually be picked apart by your co-stars, even after all this time.

I remember what happened at PT. I think we were all shocked too, but can you blame him? I can't say that I thought the Greenbush twins were the greatest actresses, but some of the comments that were made were uncalled for. We have to remember that they are people too.

Okay, climbing off my soapbox now. soapbox

I saw it on Facebook Cheryl.

What did Alison say on her book?

Yeah, I agree that I was out of line with the comments, I was doing it in fun, but I agree it was not nice.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5918
Location : Curled up with a great book.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:25 pm

I saw this too. I think what made her really mad was how Alison tells that she gave up her American citizenship. Basically saying ...you are not one of us. Alison's whole mention of Melissa S, was that she kept to herself during LH, so this was Alison's way of poking her.
I dont blame Melissa for getting upset. Comedy sometimes comes up to a line that shouldn't be crossed. I truly respect Melissa for so much and especially trying to give her kids a normal life.




It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23096
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:18 pm

OK so MSA, MG and AA don't get along anymore? or do they? Huh?


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker


Number of posts : 8654
Location : California Country
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:03 pm

alexczarn wrote:
OK so MSA, MG and AA don't get along anymore? or do they? Huh?

Looks like ever since they were young, it was MG and AA and they didn't really get along with MSA and it looks like this is still true.

Here is an interview of Alison's regarding her book:

HolllywoodChicago.com, your Little House on the Prairie Headquarters, is following up an interview with Melissa Sue Anderson – who played kindly Mary Ingalls in the series – with Alison Arngrim, representing the dark side of that family favorite as Nellie Oleson. She spoke of the series, her co-stars, her show business family and her critically praised memoir.



HollywoodChicago.com: How did your role as Nellie Oleson on Little House evolve to your current relationship with the character in your comedy act, and led you to write the book?

Alison Arngrim: Having been on the show for so long, and with the show in reruns really taking on a life of its own – it’s now in 140 countries – I was constantly being asked all sorts of bizarre questions about Nellie. And I really felt an obligation to those fans to answer them. So that is how the act evolved. I went from regular stand up to telling stories from my life, in an effort to answer those questions, including a Q&A session after the act. Then it became obvious there had to be a book.

HC: You actually auditioned for all the parts offered on Little House, correct?

AA: Yes, the search for Laura Ingalls was like the search for Scarlett O’Hara, except for eight year olds. I think everyone in that town auditioned for Laura, and then I auditioned for Mary. I wondered why they kept calling me back, until finally they offered me the part of Nellie Oleson.

HC: In retrospect, did you have more fun and notoriety playing Nellie than potentially you think you would have if you were one of the Ingalls?

AA: No question, I would have hated being one of the Ingalls, [laughs] not to mention the impact it has had on my life. It wouldn’t have been as much fun to be Laura or Mary, Nellie was way more fun. In the long haul, it would also had been difficult to maintain that goody two-shoes image. Nellie gave me more freedom, and as I talk about in my book, with what I went through in my life, my character work gave me the opportunity to vent all my hostilities and rage. That’s the best damn thing that could have happened to me.



HC: In the seventies, it seemed like every show had to have a character that made the heroes in the series even more heroic – I’m thinking you in Little House and Frank Burns in M*A*S*H
. Do you think they made you a #@!% just for a bitches sake to make the Ingalls’ family that much more angelic? Or did they just like writing you as such and having someone better than goody two-shoes?

AA: It was a little of both. Nellie was a real person in the Laura Ingall’s books, although she did take the character from two girls that she knew and blended them into Nellie Oleson. A lot of people said that Laura the writer made Nellie worse in reality, too, to make herself look good. [laughs] There is definitely that in the books so the girl Laura has something to overcome.

When we did the show, and I really took to the character, and also Michael Landon and the production crew took to me, Nellie did evolve to become much meaner, more scheming, more campy and outrageous.

HC: Melissa Sue Anderson told me in an interview that looking back she felt much more separate and serious on set than Melissa Gilbert and rest of the kids in the cast. Did you feel that and did that cause some discomfort in those days?

AA: I really got the sense that perhaps her mother had told her that Melissa Gilbert and I were juvenile delinquents. [laughs] I will concede that she was shy, I was shy as well, perhaps we were both shy and this contributed to our gross misunderstanding. However, she wants to talk about her professional business and professional relationships and my response is, ‘you were 10 years old!’ What the hell are you talking about? [laughs]

HC: Even though you grew up in a showbiz family, were you prepared for the rigors of series television once you landed the role?

AA: I thought so. I had some warning about it, I certainly knew enough people on television, but nobody had done a series for that long. My brother did a show, but it was all in studio. No one I knew had been on a series that did so much location work, and they didn’t realize how physically grueling that would be. I’d have to tell my parents how hard I was working. [laughs]

HC: You were 19 years old when the series ended, did it get on your nerves when you became an adolescent?

AA: Yeah, you go through the phase where you want to be the ‘pretty girl’ and want people to love you, and that’s not what I was doing on the show. And people used to say to me in the 1970s, ‘why can’t you be on a cool show, like Happy Days?’

HC: Did you feel frustration in the years after Little House ended that you weren’t able to get the roles that could have transitioned you beyond the kid actor stage?

AA: Sometimes. You remember in the 1980s when there were a lot of those teen exploitation films, they asked me to be a cheerleader, naked or dead, or all three. I admittedly turned down a couple things. I was hoping, well, we’re done with Little House now, so hire me for something else. I was amazed on how many times I was called not only for the #@!% roles, but for period 1800-era roles.

HC: Was there any notable auditions that you had that you didn’t land that could have made things different?

AA: I’m trying to remember. There were a number of weird auditions I had during the show, when I was fairly young I auditioned for that whole ‘Audrey Rose’ thing. And I told Melissa Gilbert that I just had gone on the weirdest audition. She said, ‘oh yeah, Audrey Rose, I did that last week.’

HC: Do you think that Michael Landon was lionized out of proportion because of his untimely and public death, as in the Hollywood bad boy side of him was buried and only all his good was celebrated? In your working with him, was that adulation appropriate?

AA: I say in my book at some point that we make saints out of people who die, when the whole reason we loved them in the first place is that they weren’t saints. If you would ask Michael, when he was alive, if he were the perfect saintly family man, he would have laughed in your face.

He was a genius though, and his accomplishments were many, so the adulation was certainly due.



HC: What was the origin of you desiring to get into show business? Was it your veteran parents pushing you in that direction or you just wanting to get into it?

AA: I wanted to get a job. When I was six years old, everyone I knew was employed. [laughs] And I wanted to make enough money to leave home.

HC: And what were the circumstances of your first big break?

AA: I had a national Hunt’s Ketchup commercial at six years old. I was also on a panel show called ‘Juvenile Jury,’ which was very strange. I was the third grade Kitty Carlisle. But Little House was the biggest break.

HC: What do you think you saw or experienced as a child growing up in show business that you don’t think the average child saw or experienced, and do you have a specific example?

AA: Well, I saw and experienced so much just at my house. It’s in my book. It did prepare me for show business, especially the interview thing. Because my family was already ‘famous,’ before I ever sat down with TV Guide or the National Enquirer, I already knew that fan magazines made things up. I developed a bizarre cynicism by the time I was 12 years old.

HC: I read you recently made an independent film called ‘Make the Yuletide Gay.’ What were the circumstances of landing in that project?

AA: A comedian I knew told me that these guys were trying to find me. When I called them, the director told me that they talked about getting someone like Nellie Oleson, and then they said why don’t we just go get her. I was thrilled, I read it and thought it was so funny. I provided my own wardrobe, the leopard print outfits. I thought it would be three days of fun, but it’s actually become a cult hit. I’m really happy about that.

HC: Finally, what do you think set your generation of child actors apart from what you observe about today’s child stars?

AA: Panties.

HC: What?

AA: Panties, we wore them. Seriously, there seems to be a lack of underwear thing going on. I mean, we talk about Michael Landon wearing tight pants with no underwear in the 1970s, but where did everyone’s underpants go in the last 10 years? [laughs]

“Confessions of a Prairie #@!%: How I Survived Nellie Oleson and Learned to Love Being Hated” by Alison Arngrim is available at Borders Books and wherever books are sold.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva


Number of posts : 7212
Location : In a book
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:09 pm

Carol wrote:
What did Alison say on her book?

There were a bunch of different things. The two main things that come to mind are that MG on the first day told Alison to avoid MSA, and then how many years later when they saw each other at Michael Landon's funeral MSA didn't carry on a conversation with her when she complimented her child, who was (I think) an infant at the time.

Carol wrote:
Yeah, I agree that I was out of line with the comments, I was doing it in fun, but I agree it was not nice.

Honestly, I don't remember who said what at this point, but the Carrie debate just seems to bring out some nasty comments. It's hard to know if people are teasing or really picking on someone.



Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23096
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:15 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Carol wrote:
What did Alison say on her book?

There were a bunch of different things. The two main things that come to mind are that MG on the first day told Alison to avoid MSA, and then how many years later when they saw each other at Michael Landon's funeral MSA didn't carry on a conversation with her when she complimented her child, who was (I think) an infant at the time.

Carol wrote:
Yeah, I agree that I was out of line with the comments, I was doing it in fun, but I agree it was not nice.

Honestly, I don't remember who said what at this point, but the Carrie debate just seems to bring out some nasty comments. It's hard to know if people are teasing or really picking on someone.


Poor MSA. Why did MG tell AA to avoid MSA it doesn't make sense. MSA seems to be pretty nice, I can't see how anyone would dislike her... scratchead
although she isn't my fav actress on LHOTP batEyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5178
Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:38 pm

The only thing I can say is that Melissa Sue Anderson sounds pretty sincere to me. It is TRUE in the words she wrote to answer Alison Arngrim's statesment. I can't say the same about Alison statesments against MSA. There's something that rings very false over there. No

I used to like Alison a lot before, but now I don't know anymore how to think about her. Blue

Vanesa.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23096
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:41 pm

I never liked AA... Ranting or nellie for that matter Ranting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner


Number of posts : 1209
Location : Northern Ireland
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:41 am

You know what they say about a group of girls! Bitchiness will come out sooner or later.

Sad. But fact.

I guees working together for such a long time wouldn't have made it easier either.




"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5178
Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:50 am

alexczarn wrote:
I never liked AA... Ranting or nellie for that matter Ranting

Well, I used to like AA (not nw, I think), and even Nellie. There was something about her nastiness that makes her character nice even if she wasn't. (I know it sounds confusing, but I can't help it! greenS )

Vanesa.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler


Number of posts : 895
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:42 pm

carolineingalls wrote:
You know what they say about a group of girls! Bitchiness will come out sooner or later.

Sad. But fact.

I guees working together for such a long time wouldn't have made it easier either.
I do agree with this.

I have said it before and I will say it again, I laughed at what AA wrote about the Carrie character in the book. I thought we (my family - the ones who watch the show) were the only people who thought that about her character. We never said anything about the girls, but we said it about her character.


Not that it will matter much, but this is my thoughts on all of this.

First of all, if AA did go as far as to say that she has renounced her citizenship, so what? MSA is not living in America anymore. That's a fact. So? And I think to take it to the point where she wants to involve her lawyer is ridiculous. If I were MSA, and I was just tired of the things that AA has been saying, I would just ignore her. I wouldn't even bother with threats like that. Because no matter what, those people out there that like MSA will go on liking her despite what AA says.

Second, I didn't think AA really wrote anything that terrible in her book about MSA. Yes, she did talk about how MSA was as a child, but I think she kind of attributed her behavior to her mother. I remember there being this part where the kids went to a party or fair, or something like that, and she said that MSA was a different kid that day. She wasn't closed off from the rest of them and I think she thought it was because her mother wasn't there. But all-in-all, nobody really did anything wrong to MSA. So at Michael Landon's funeral, when AA was trying to be friendly, there was no reason for MSA to be the way that she was towards her. Not at a time like that.

Third, now why I think this is going on. I read an article in the TV Guide (I think it was that - I will see if it is online - I physically read it in the magazine - I don't know if they post everything on their site or if they even post any of it at all). AA supposedly said that MSA was the only member of the cast that has never been to at least one reunion. So MSA started something by saying that she doesn't live in the past like everyone else and that it wouldn't be much of a reunion without Michael Landon. Now, that statement bothered me because while I understand that is an OK reason to think the reunions are silly (ML not being there), I think it is nothing more than an easy way out of them. The "living in the past" statement bothered me because while I am sure the cast members like the reunions so they can see each other every now and then, these are really FOR THE FANS. And if MSA can't see that, I have a problem with her then. The fans are the ones who made these people what they were and what they still are. And if MSA can't look past whatever issues she has with people on the show and think about the fans, then that is really just too bad.

Fourth, I know she appeared at at least one LH event this year (the one in Wisconsin). But she did have a book to promote. I am sure she was very nice, but this event is also still not a reunion. And that is where I would like to see her. I would appreciate her appearance more that way.


Finally, AA did say in that article something about the fact that she would be the first to buy the drinks if MSA ever wanted to get together and talk. So, who really knows what is going on between them!



Vanesa wrote:
alexczarn wrote:
I never liked AA... Ranting or nellie for that matter Ranting

Well, I used to like AA (not nw, I think), and even Nellie. There was something about her nastiness that makes her character nice even if she wasn't. (I know it sounds confusing, but I can't help it! greenS )

Vanesa.
So, will you have to dislike me, too, now? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23096
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:03 pm

MissOleson wrote:
carolineingalls wrote:
You know what they say about a group of girls! Bitchiness will come out sooner or later.

Sad. But fact.

I guees working together for such a long time wouldn't have made it easier either.
I do agree with this.

I have said it before and I will say it again, I laughed at what AA wrote about the Carrie character in the book. I thought we (my family - the ones who watch the show) were the only people who thought that about her character. We never said anything about the girls, but we said it about her character.


Not that it will matter much, but this is my thoughts on all of this.

First of all, if AA did go as far as to say that she has renounced her citizenship, so what? MSA is not living in America anymore. That's a fact. So? And I think to take it to the point where she wants to involve her lawyer is ridiculous. If I were MSA, and I was just tired of the things that AA has been saying, I would just ignore her. I wouldn't even bother with threats like that. Because no matter what, those people out there that like MSA will go on liking her despite what AA says.

Second, I didn't think AA really wrote anything that terrible in her book about MSA. Yes, she did talk about how MSA was as a child, but I think she kind of attributed her behavior to her mother. I remember there being this part where the kids went to a party or fair, or something like that, and she said that MSA was a different kid that day. She wasn't closed off from the rest of them and I think she thought it was because her mother wasn't there. But all-in-all, nobody really did anything wrong to MSA. So at Michael Landon's funeral, when AA was trying to be friendly, there was no reason for MSA to be the way that she was towards her. Not at a time like that.

Third, now why I think this is going on. I read an article in the TV Guide (I think it was that - I will see if it is online - I physically read it in the magazine - I don't know if they post everything on their site or if they even post any of it at all). AA supposedly said that MSA was the only member of the cast that has never been to at least one reunion. So MSA started something by saying that she doesn't live in the past like everyone else and that it wouldn't be much of a reunion without Michael Landon. Now, that statement bothered me because while I understand that is an OK reason to think the reunions are silly (ML not being there), I think it is nothing more than an easy way out of them. The "living in the past" statement bothered me because while I am sure the cast members like the reunions so they can see each other every now and then, these are really FOR THE FANS. And if MSA can't see that, I have a problem with her then. The fans are the ones who made these people what they were and what they still are. And if MSA can't look past whatever issues she has with people on the show and think about the fans, then that is really just too bad.

Fourth, I know she appeared at at least one LH event this year (the one in Wisconsin). But she did have a book to promote. I am sure she was very nice, but this event is also still not a reunion. And that is where I would like to see her. I would appreciate her appearance more that way.


Finally, AA did say in that article something about the fact that she would be the first to buy the drinks if MSA ever wanted to get together and talk. So, who really knows what is going on between them!



Vanesa wrote:
alexczarn wrote:
I never liked AA... Ranting or nellie for that matter Ranting

Well, I used to like AA (not nw, I think), and even Nellie. There was something about her nastiness that makes her character nice even if she wasn't. (I know it sounds confusing, but I can't help it! greenS )

Vanesa.
So, will you have to dislike me, too, now? Smile

ummm no If you are better behaved then AA and Nellie Wink
Interesting writing MissOleson. Where does MSA live now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5178
Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:39 pm

MissOleson wrote:
carolineingalls wrote:
You know what they say about a group of girls! Bitchiness will come out sooner or later.

Sad. But fact.

I guees working together for such a long time wouldn't have made it easier either.
I do agree with this.

I have said it before and I will say it again, I laughed at what AA wrote about the Carrie character in the book. I thought we (my family - the ones who watch the show) were the only people who thought that about her character. We never said anything about the girls, but we said it about her character.


Not that it will matter much, but this is my thoughts on all of this.

First of all, if AA did go as far as to say that she has renounced her citizenship, so what? MSA is not living in America anymore. That's a fact. So? And I think to take it to the point where she wants to involve her lawyer is ridiculous. If I were MSA, and I was just tired of the things that AA has been saying, I would just ignore her. I wouldn't even bother with threats like that. Because no matter what, those people out there that like MSA will go on liking her despite what AA says.

Second, I didn't think AA really wrote anything that terrible in her book about MSA. Yes, she did talk about how MSA was as a child, but I think she kind of attributed her behavior to her mother. I remember there being this part where the kids went to a party or fair, or something like that, and she said that MSA was a different kid that day. She wasn't closed off from the rest of them and I think she thought it was because her mother wasn't there. But all-in-all, nobody really did anything wrong to MSA. So at Michael Landon's funeral, when AA was trying to be friendly, there was no reason for MSA to be the way that she was towards her. Not at a time like that.

Third, now why I think this is going on. I read an article in the TV Guide (I think it was that - I will see if it is online - I physically read it in the magazine - I don't know if they post everything on their site or if they even post any of it at all). AA supposedly said that MSA was the only member of the cast that has never been to at least one reunion. So MSA started something by saying that she doesn't live in the past like everyone else and that it wouldn't be much of a reunion without Michael Landon. Now, that statement bothered me because while I understand that is an OK reason to think the reunions are silly (ML not being there), I think it is nothing more than an easy way out of them. The "living in the past" statement bothered me because while I am sure the cast members like the reunions so they can see each other every now and then, these are really FOR THE FANS. And if MSA can't see that, I have a problem with her then. The fans are the ones who made these people what they were and what they still are. And if MSA can't look past whatever issues she has with people on the show and think about the fans, then that is really just too bad.

Fourth, I know she appeared at at least one LH event this year (the one in Wisconsin). But she did have a book to promote. I am sure she was very nice, but this event is also still not a reunion. And that is where I would like to see her. I would appreciate her appearance more that way.


Finally, AA did say in that article something about the fact that she would be the first to buy the drinks if MSA ever wanted to get together and talk. So, who really knows what is going on between them!



Vanesa wrote:
alexczarn wrote:
I never liked AA... Ranting or nellie for that matter Ranting

Well, I used to like AA (not nw, I think), and even Nellie. There was something about her nastiness that makes her character nice even if she wasn't. (I know it sounds confusing, but I can't help it! greenS )

Vanesa.
So, will you have to dislike me, too, now? Smile

Of course not! We are all good friends here! Smile
Vanesa.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler


Number of posts : 895
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:35 pm

alexczarn wrote:
[ummm no If you are better behaved then AA and Nellie Wink
Interesting writing MissOleson. Where does MSA live now?
Well, I will have to try to be on my best behavior then. Smile MSA is living in Canada. I think her husband is Canadian.

Vanesa wrote:

Of course not! We are all good friends here! Smile
Vanesa.
That is good to know! greenS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker


Number of posts : 8654
Location : California Country
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:48 pm

I'm reading Alison's book, got it on Kindle. Very interesting!
Melissa Gilbert was my favorite actress of the series, with Melissa Sue Anderson coming in second and then Alison Arngrim (of those 3), but as far as books go, I feel I am enjoying Alison's book the most.

I think I am about halfway done...


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5918
Location : Curled up with a great book.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:23 pm

Keep reading ...its good.!




It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37800
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:47 pm

i gotta read this lol


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   Today at 1:35 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Alison Arngrim's book
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Alison Arngrim's book
» Alison Arngrim NYC 2015
» Mantowac Wisconsin - Allison
» Percival Dalton
» Alison Arngrim on TV land awards

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Little House on the Prairie :: LHOTP Series & Cast Members-
Jump to: