Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alison Arngrim's book

Go down 
+20
kermitfan
Harrietfan
DietCokeofEvil
Joe
Krissy
alexczarn
MissOleson
Gin
Amy
HarrisonCrosby4387
ChristinaAL
carolineingalls
Kristina
Cetacea
LIWnut
Debbie
Vanesa
Carol
Savannah
bethandmanly
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 Bokmal10

alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:00 pm

Well, Alison is a FUNNY person, so I imagine her book must be funny and interesting too. I wish I could read it someday. Smile

Vanesa.

alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 Innoce10

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 11:23 am

This is a facinating thread. You all have made this a must read for me.

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 Pbucket
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 1:36 pm

I finished reading Alison's book and I must say that I truthfully enjoyed it cover to cover! Thumbsup

alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 Reading-geek-female-girl-smiley-emoticon-000536-large

She is really funny, I love her style of saying things. I remember when I met her in Hollywood at the show.... she was very funny and I got to meet her afterwards and take a pic with her. I lost that pic because my laptop fried and I lost some of my pics! Blue

I remember that before the show, I saw her and her husband walking to the theater. It was night and nobody was around. I was in the parking lot across the street. She was carrying her costume change and I felt like calling her but it was dark and I didn't want to sound or look like a crazy fan lol But there they were walking to the theater... they were laughing about something and her husband put her arm around her. They looked sweet. After the show her husband gave her some enormous flowers... he must have gotten them while Alison was doing the show.

Anyway... great book! Thumbsup

alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:06 pm

That's awesome you got to meet her

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 10:07 pm

Hi, Carol:

What a sweet souvenir! It seems that Alison and her husband goes very well along! Hope they culd last forever, as old couples did, since they seems to be so special...

Alison Arngrim is FUNNY, and I like a lot funny persons. Life has bad, dark sides but looking at her, it doesn't seems just possible! greenS It's almost impossible to imagine her as a victim of a sexual molester when she was a child. She seems to have done her life very well as an adult. Thumbsup

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 10:25 pm

Carol wrote:
I finished reading Alison's book and I must say that I truthfully enjoyed it cover to cover! Thumbsup

alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 Reading-geek-female-girl-smiley-emoticon-000536-large

She is really funny, I love her style of saying things. I remember when I met her in Hollywood at the show.... she was very funny and I got to meet her afterwards and take a pic with her. I lost that pic because my laptop fried and I lost some of my pics! Blue

I remember that before the show, I saw her and her husband walking to the theater. It was night and nobody was around. I was in the parking lot across the street. She was carrying her costume change and I felt like calling her but it was dark and I didn't want to sound or look like a crazy fan lol But there they were walking to the theater... they were laughing about something and her husband put her arm around her. They looked sweet. After the show her husband gave her some enormous flowers... he must have gotten them while Alison was doing the show.

Anyway... great book! Thumbsup

What a cool story, Carol. I'm glad you enjoyed her book. I agree, she does have a great way of saying things; it's almost as if she's talking right to you.

alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 ChristinaKeeper2 alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 10:53 pm

I think this is the only photo that I could find... It was a cheap camera I had so the pic is not so clear lol
This was at the beginning of her show when she comes out as Nellie...

alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 Alison4

You know how before the show you get to write down questions for her to answer.... mine was one of the ones she picked HeeHee
I just asked her to do a whiny Nellie impression... which she did. Too funny Laughing

*Vanesa, I'm not sure if you know, but it was her own brother that molested her... many times. mad

alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 8:21 pm

nice pic

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:38 pm

Carol wrote:

*Vanesa, I'm not sure if you know, but it was her own brother that molested her... many times. mad

Her own brother???!!! Uh! Yikes affraid thud No; I didn't know it. It must be one of the things I missed when I couldn't enter here for a while. I've read her interview at Larry King's show and she said it was someone of her family, but that she wouldn't tell who he was . She didn't want to give him any publicity and affirmed she'll never tell it. It's the info in the book?

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:07 am

Yes, she talks about it in the book.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:07 pm

Oh my gosh, I didn't know that either. No
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Her book was great....she has really come out of all the bad and explains how LH helped her vent her anger toward her brother. Being mean on the show was what saved her. She is truly a survivor.

alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 3:05 pm

What a poor girl....Glad she came out of it. Glad that the show helped her.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 9:58 pm

Well, if you have some personnality troubles, psychologist saids one of the better therapies there are is theater. If you performs some amateur play, it could help you to overcome your own problems. Alison Arngrim didn't need to act mean to other "real peolpe", but she was mean in fiction, sometimes so mean that could be unbearable..If her behaviour was for real.

Natthew Labortheaux had authism troubles when litle and his psychologist also saids he must try to do some acting to help his condition...I think it helped? Isn't it? Wink

As for Alison's brother...How their sibling relationship is currently? I've always believed they were both good friends... scratchead

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
DietCokeofEvil
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
DietCokeofEvil

Number of posts : 27
Mood : alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 4:59 pm

I really enjoyed this book a lot. I even went back and watched a few of the episodes she mentioned to watch again after her insight. I haven't read MSA's book yet, and for some reason, I really don't have a lot of interest in MG's. The pictures were great and I love her writing style.
Back to top Go down
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 12:34 am

Does she talk TV "parents" much in the book?
Back to top Go down
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 2:58 am

She's going to be near me in a town about 20 milies away, in a few hours and I just found out! I have no way to get there. My mom mentioned she was coming this way! Maybe she's going to surpise me w/ a book! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so ticked offf!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:02 pm

Harrietfan wrote:
She's going to be near me in a town about 20 milies away, in a few hours and I just found out! I have no way to get there. My mom mentioned she was coming this way! Maybe she's going to surpise me w/ a book! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so ticked offf!

If so, you are so lucky! Smile

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 7:52 pm

No such luck Vanessa!
Back to top Go down
kermitfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
kermitfan

Number of posts : 18
Mood : alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 8:36 am

I think I read somewhere on a MSA website that she ordered a cease and desist or some kind of other legal action on Alison. It had to do with some kind of bad words Alison had about MSA. I am fuzzy on the details. Does any one know anything more about this?
Back to top Go down
msafan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
msafan

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 10:05 am

I posted the letter to Alison from Melissa on my website. Melissa didn't order a cease and desist. She just threatened to do it in the letter. Melissa was angry about all the negative press about her from Alison's book. The event that made Melissa write the letter happened when Alison said that Melissa renounced her U.S. citizenship in two interviews. Melissa never renounced her citizenship. She has dual citizenship in the U.S. and Canada. I keep in contact with Melissa and we are friends. I met her in Colorado in 2010 during her book tour.

Thanks,
Mike
Back to top Go down
http://melissasueandersonfan.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 11:31 am

She talked bad about her in the book? Yikes OhMy scared

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 4:52 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
She talked bad about her in the book? Yikes OhMy scared

No, I think only in the 2 interviews.

alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 6:38 pm

ohok

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 9:51 pm

I injoyed AA book the most out of the 3. It was really good and funny.Loved how she was honest and told how it was. Smile I think it's great that her and MG wre best friends.I just don't think it was nice of her to pick on MSA .She seems like a nice person.I always pictured all of them being best friends and Getting along.Maybe one day they work out this.AA went threw a lot growing up. Blue I don't think the cussing wasn't really too bad.MG had more.

I found a copy of her book at a second hand store.If i was able i would let the ppl who can't get it read it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alison Arngrim's book   alison - Alison Arngrim's book - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Alison Arngrim's book
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next