Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"MOVING IN" - Chapter 6

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : "MOVING IN" - Chapter 6 Happy010

"MOVING IN" - Chapter 6 Empty
PostSubject: "MOVING IN" - Chapter 6   "MOVING IN" - Chapter 6 EmptyFri Oct 13, 2006 7:33 pm

"MOVING IN" - Chapter 6 Book2 "MOVING IN" - Chapter 6 Moving

CHAPTER 6: "MOVING IN"

*Give your comments on this Chapter [read]

The Ingalls move inside the little house. No more living in the wagon [dance]

I like the following description of the house:

It was a pleasant house. A soft light came through the window holes, and every crack in the four walls glowed a little because the sun was overhead.

I love the descriptions Laura/Rose gave when they wrote about the light of the sun and the moon. Here is a description of the house at night.

Mary and Laura lay in their little bed on the ground inside the new house, and watched the sky through the window hole to the east. The edge of the big, bright moon glittered at the bottom of the window space, and Laura sat up. She looked at the great moon, sailing silently higher in the clear sky.
Its light made silvery lines in all the cracks on that side of the house. The light poured through the window hole and made a square of soft radience on the floor. It was so bright that Laura saw Ma plainly when she lifted the quilt at the door and came in.

The house was simple, but it was so beautiful to Laura and everybody because they made it themselves... they saw all the hard work that had to be done in order for them to have a house, 4 walls to feel protected in... Laura sounds so happy in her new house. :)

"MOVING IN" - Chapter 6 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : "MOVING IN" - Chapter 6 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "MOVING IN" - Chapter 6   "MOVING IN" - Chapter 6 EmptySun Oct 15, 2006 7:19 pm

I always marvel at the depth of Laura's description of the times and places in her life. By her tales, in my mind I can see them very vividly and imagine myself there with her.

"MOVING IN" - Chapter 6 Hummer"MOVING IN" - Chapter 6 MistiKeeper"MOVING IN" - Chapter 6 Bookclub5"MOVING IN" - Chapter 6 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: "MOVING IN" - Chapter 6   "MOVING IN" - Chapter 6 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2006 7:19 pm

Me too, Misti. I think it's amazing how much she remembered, including little details. She was always so descriptive.

"MOVING IN" - Chapter 6 ChristinaKeeper2 "MOVING IN" - Chapter 6 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "MOVING IN" - Chapter 6   "MOVING IN" - Chapter 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

"MOVING IN" - Chapter 6
Page 1 of 1