Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Patrick Leybartaux question?

Go down 
+2
Carol
Amy
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Patrick Leybartaux question? Empty
PostSubject: Patrick Leybartaux question?   Patrick Leybartaux question? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 2:17 pm

I was reading online that he was classified unadoptable. I was wondering if anyone new why? I know both he and his brother Matthew were adopted as toddlers and their Mother said in teen magazine interview about Matthews being autictic. I don't recall what she said about Patrick. I was watching Patricks interview on youtube and he said everyone knew their stories. I became curious myself. I thought some one might come across why in teen mag or something.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Patrick Leybartaux question? Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Leybartaux question?   Patrick Leybartaux question? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 2:27 pm

Hmm, I hadn't heard about that either! I knew about Matthew's autism, but that's about it....now you've got me curious.

Welcome to the board Horselightning Wave
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Patrick Leybartaux question? Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Leybartaux question?   Patrick Leybartaux question? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 2:53 pm

Interesting....

I think I heard Patrick in an interview say they were special needs kids...

Patrick Leybartaux question? Horses10
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Patrick Leybartaux question? Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Leybartaux question?   Patrick Leybartaux question? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 4:47 pm

They are special alright.....full of talent and totally lovable. So glad their parents chose them and so glad we know them both.

Patrick Leybartaux question? Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Leybartaux question?   Patrick Leybartaux question? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 6:37 pm

I was just curious. There used to be a web page up that was a tribute to Patrick and Matthew. Thats were that article was with their moms interview. I remember her saying that Matthew was autistic and after she adopted him as a toddler he didnt talk for a few months I think it was. Then one day he just up and started talking and never stopped. The article wasnt finished on that we page from what I remember. Cause now I wonder what she would have said about Patrick. I never did find the web page again. Thought maybe if I found it the person re scanned the article in its intirty. I watched their interviews on youtube and both Matthew and Patrick apear very intelligent and friendly. You would never know they were special needs. I do remember Patrick saying somewhere he was adopted at 2 and half and started acting at 3. Patrick is the one that said eveyone knew about it on the interview., Not everbody Patrick LOL!

Hi back. Was just looking for a friendly Little House Board to talk on! : )
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Patrick Leybartaux question? Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Leybartaux question?   Patrick Leybartaux question? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:39 am

Patrick was pretty sickly when he was born, close to death. Her mother (I think she was a single teenager) was scared and let him alone at the hospital. He must be feed in an artificial way,thourough his veines (I don't know how to say it in English). But the Labyorteaux couple come and said they wanted to adopt the most sick boy it was available and they get Patrick. In very little time, he began to improve and needn't no more traitment.

They did the same with Mathew, a sick, hypoglucemic baby, with authism troubles. Their loved cured him as well.

I think that the Labyorteaux deserves a great hug for all the love thei gave to two great children who needed it. Love Love loveheart

You may find all this information in the Patrick Loubatière's book "La Petite Maison dans la Prairie". But it's in French! batEyes

Vanesa.

Patrick Leybartaux question? Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Patrick Leybartaux question? Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Leybartaux question?   Patrick Leybartaux question? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:23 pm

Gin wrote:
They are special alright.....full of talent and totally lovable. So glad their parents chose them and so glad we know them both.

Well said Gin. They seem to be such great guys.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Leybartaux question?   Patrick Leybartaux question? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:17 pm

Vanessa thanks for your help. Why was his book published in France and not in the US? Will he get it published in the us? With Alisson's, and both Melissa's books out there. You would think some one would be entrested in his too?
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Leybartaux question?   Patrick Leybartaux question? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:50 pm

I think he wanted to publish it at the USA's, but it didn't work. I don't know exactly why. I think it was the first book about LHOTP ever published. It's a pity it is not available in the country that created the show and in which the authorof the histories that inspired it was born. No

I've purchased Loubatière's book ,for French is my second language. It has lots of information, and wasn't very expensive. It has great photos ( sadly,in black and white) and data about all the actors even the "guests stars" of LHOTP. It's a little jewel.

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Leybartaux question?   Patrick Leybartaux question? EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:05 am

Now would be a good as time as ever to get the book out in the us. Theres already three little house books out there this year.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2757

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Leybartaux question?   Patrick Leybartaux question? EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 11:22 pm

I remember reading that Matthew was autistic and born with a hole in his heart. Patrick had health problems as well, but I can't remember exactly what they were. I know I have a People magazine article from 1978 somewhere about both boys that mentions each of their health problems in detail, I will see if I can find it soon. They were obviously adopted by two very patient, loving people - I agree too, so glad their parents chose them and we got to know them as well!

Patrick Leybartaux question? ChristinaKeeper2 Patrick Leybartaux question? 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Leybartaux question?   Patrick Leybartaux question? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:31 am

Yes. THis was the exact information I got from Patrick Loubatière's book. I must confess that I was very touched when I read that Matthew was born with a HOLE in his heart. thud It seems that he also had hypoglucemic troubles, and adding to this, autism.

The problems suffered by Patrick Laborteaux when a baby are not specified, but the French author claims he must be feed in artificial way, by transfussion (I didn't know how to said it in English).

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Patrick Leybartaux question? Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Leybartaux question?   Patrick Leybartaux question? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 6:22 pm

Right Matthew cannot eat sugar. He used to bake sugarless blueberry pies. Smile

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Leybartaux question?   Patrick Leybartaux question? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 11:34 pm

Wow! Does he like to cook pies? Fruit pies are my favorite ones. eat

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Leybartaux question?   Patrick Leybartaux question? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:43 pm

i never knew that them..They are awesome boy's awesome actors
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Leybartaux question?   Patrick Leybartaux question? Empty

Back to top Go down

Patrick Leybartaux question?
Page 1 of 1