Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

small plane crash...

Go down 
+4
Rob
bethandmanly
Rhonda
Amy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : small plane crash... - Page 2 Bokmal10

small plane crash... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 6:01 pm

This is good news for the families, Amy. A heartbreaking loss, but at least having the bodies recovered will hopefully bring them some comfort. Thanks for sharing this story with us. I will continue to pray for the families during this difficult time.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:26 pm

That is good news, Amy. I'm so glad the families will have the closure during this already very difficult time. Thanks for updating.

small plane crash... - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
small plane crash... - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : small plane crash... - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:36 pm

This is such a sad, sad story, but I'm so glad for the families that they have the bodies. small plane crash... - Page 2 18022 It amazes me that they were able to find them!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:30 am

Yes. When you losts a person who you loves so much, it's important to have the body and bury them. I spoke to people who had lost relatives at war or accidents and saids that they couldn't turn this page of their lives, for it was like this person was not really dead... Blue bawling It seems that, if you don't see the corpse ofof your beloved one, you are not able to realize he/she is gone... No

Vanesa.

small plane crash... - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : small plane crash... - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:43 pm

You're welcome ladies....I know this is a depressing story that is hard to hear, and I appreciate the support and prayers. grouphug

I talked to Maureen this morning (mother of the boys I take care of, and the DIL), and asked her how she and her husband feel about the body being discovered. She said that as glad as they are that it's been found, and he can now be laid to rest, it's almost harder. She said that the whole thing has seemed very surreal up until now....now it's real---tangible. No I can't even imagine what they're going through. They have had an overwhelming amount of support though, since this happened in such a small close-knit community. Today is James's birthday, and tomorrow is his brother's....as you can imagine, no one feels like celebrating right now. But I'm having the boys make bday cards for their dad and uncle, and we're going to bake a cake too.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:45 pm

{{{Amy}}} That's a wonderful idea, Amy. I'm so glad that you're doing that.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Thank you Savannah. loveheart

I dropped the kids off at home (I've been doing little things like that to help out lately), and James has been working on making copies of a barbershop CD for those who were involved with it. It's nice that he's finding things to do during this difficult time, and that he can feel good about accomplishing in his dad's memory too.

He also said that there are a guesstimated 1000 people or more expected at the funeral. OhMy
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:01 pm

I imagine along with the closure of finding the body comes the finality of it. Any tiniest bit of hope that somehow your loved one will be found alive by some miracle is gone. I can see where that would be very difficult.

I think that is wonderful that you had the boys make cards and that all of you made a cake. Sometimes in difficult situations doing something normal, such as celebrating a birthday, is the best medicine and it must mean a lot to the boys too to do that. I'm sure they will all be very touched that you thought to do that.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : small plane crash... - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:18 pm

Amy wrote:
But I'm having the boys make bday cards for their dad and uncle, and we're going to bake a cake too.

That's such a kind gesture, Amy. small plane crash... - Page 2 6472
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:31 am

You are a dear, Amy. The children needs to know that life must go on, and that their beloved ones are alive in a different way we are now, but that they are with them always. You are helping them to see things this way. Smile

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:25 am

Thank you everyone. grouphug
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 11:16 am

Today is the seventh and final memorial for Jim and the other passengers. I can't even believe what this family has been going through. Because Jim was a small town doctor, and the circumstances surrounding his death, they have had more memorials than the 'average' person. They had a memorial specifically at the hospital (where, as you can imagine, there were tons of stories shared by doctors and nurses), and there was a barbershop memorial as well, which was more light-hearted and upbeat, something he would have loved. James made a CD of several of his father's songs that he'd sung over the years with his quartet---he'd been with them for 35 years. They gave many copies away to guests. Then the funeral was on Sunday, which had over a 1000 people and I was told was amazing. Keep in mind, this man delivered over 1000 babies throughout his career, and most of them are adults now! So, you can imagine the number of people who wanted to pay homage to this small town doctor, who was so generous to his community. Just incredible.

Please pray for strength for the family....we are on week three now, and as you can imagine, reality is setting in for them. It has all been so surreal up until now for them. Today's memorial is in Ohio, his hometown and where he went to Ohio State University. It's lovely that so many people want to give him separate tributes, but it has to be extremely difficult each time the family goes to one and has to 'relive' everything and face those feelings again and again.

On top of everything else, the family's cat died two days ago. No He was only nine years old and James just found him lying at the bottom of the stairs. He had shown no signs of being ill. It was really James's cat more than anyone's, and he's having a tough time with it....his wife was saying she thinks the physical presence of the cat somehow is bringing some closure for the lack of the physical when it comes to his dad. They found his body, yes, but he hasn't 'seen' him.

Anyway, just please continue to pray---they are still processing everything and are barely getting sleep these days.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 2:25 pm

I will continue to keep the family in my prayers. I can't imagine how difficult this has been for all of them.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 3:09 pm

It takes awhile for things to sink in when a tragedy happens. It was weeks later when I was able to really stop and "catch up" after the death of my boyfriend years ago. It will probably be the first of the year before they are able to really let themselves breath again. They will rely on the help from family and friends more now then in a few months....then it helps so much when out of nowhere they get a "I'm thinking of you today" card. It will let them know that you haven't forgotten they still hurt. I got some of those and it was such a blessing.
I will pray for healed hearts.

small plane crash... - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 5:23 pm

I'll certainly be keeping this family up in prayer. It seems so much harder when it is unexpected like that. Not that you can ever truly prepare for the death of a loved one, but when a person is ill, somehow you're more okay with it because you know their suffering will end.

How are the boys doing, Amy? Are they still okay?

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 1:52 am

I'll keep praying. I know that they must be very suffering by now. The accident happened not to long ago, and their pain is still very fresh. One cannot espect to heal all the injures of the soul in a few days. Blue

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:38 am

pamh36 wrote:
I will continue to keep the family in my prayers. I can't imagine how difficult this has been for all of them.

Thank you Pam. I hope you're having a good vacation....

Gin wrote:
It takes awhile for things to sink in when a tragedy happens. It was weeks later when I was able to really stop and "catch up" after the death of my boyfriend years ago. It will probably be the first of the year before they are able to really let themselves breath again. They will rely on the help from family and friends more now then in a few months....then it helps so much when out of nowhere they get a "I'm thinking of you today" card. It will let them know that you haven't forgotten they still hurt. I got some of those and it was such a blessing.
I will pray for healed hearts.

>>I know what you mean. The same was true, on a different level, for me when I had my miscarriage. After everything is 'over' for everything else, it kind of feels like it's just beginning for yourself, and you can't quite believe that no one else can see that. They think you should just be 'done' with the grief, because 'enough' time has gone by, when in reality you haven't even reached stage one yet. No I totally get it. I'm going to remember about sending a 'thinking of your card', in the near future.

bethandmanly wrote:
I'll certainly be keeping this family up in prayer. It seems so much harder when it is unexpected like that. Not that you can ever truly prepare for the death of a loved one, but when a person is ill, somehow you're more okay with it because you know their suffering will end.

How are the boys doing, Amy? Are they still okay?

About the 'unexpected' thing---well, that's part of what's been so difficult lately---all of this unexpected death....first "grandpa", and now "the cat". Both things were completely out of the blue. The boys are definitely getting a 'lesson' in death. The boys are doing pretty well...they have drawn some pictures, and Joshua has commented that he's sad that he won't get to go fishing again with his grandpa. No Overall, they're doing quite well, but their parents are thinking of enrolling them in the "Center for grieving children", which my sister happens to be the director of. I hope they do it. It's a great way for kids to be able to talk about their feelings with other kids....lots of times kids won't open up to adults the way that they would someone their own age, who is going through a similar grief.

Vanesa wrote:
I'll keep praying. I know that they must be very suffering by now. The accident happened not to long ago, and their pain is still very fresh. One cannot espect to heal all the injures of the soul in a few days. Blue

Vanesa.

Thank you Vanesa. Yes, this is going to take time. This will be their first week 'fully' back to reality. A 'normal' work week now....in some ways good, in some ways...not so much. Blue Hopefully they'll be able to pick up the pieces and move forward now.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:14 pm

As if this family needed any more 'issues' to deal with, their son (he's 4) had a seizure several days ago.....he has never had one in his life. He has had tons of tests every day this past week. So far things are checking out normal. I can't even believe it...this poor family just can't get a break. No Please keep them, and Patrick, in your prayers.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 3:40 pm

Aww, I'm sorry to hear this family has yet more to deal with. What a scare! I am glad things are checking out normal so far. I will absolutely keep all of them in my prayers.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 5:11 pm

Oh, that's awful. I'll definitely keep them in my prayers.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:41 pm

They certainly are dealing with an enormous amount of stress and sadness right now. small plane crash... - Page 2 Kopfschuettel My prayers are with them.

Amy wrote:
I know what you mean. The same was true, on a different level, for me when I had my miscarriage. After everything is
'over' for everything else, it kind of feels like it's just beginning for yourself, and you can't quite believe that no one else can see that.
They think you should just be 'done' with the grief, because 'enough' time has gone by, when in reality you haven't even reached stage one
yet. No I totally get it. I'm going to remember about sending a 'thinking of your card', in the near future.

Sometimes the only "good" that comes out of grief that we experience is being able to understand and comfort someone else who is going through tragedy. You have such a kind heart, Amy. I'm glad that this family is blessed with a friend like you.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 12:00 am

Amy wrote:
As if this family needed any more 'issues' to deal with, their son (he's 4) had a seizure several days ago.....he has never had one in his life. He has had tons of tests every day this past week. So far things are checking out normal. I can't even believe it...this poor family just can't get a break. No Please keep them, and Patrick, in your prayers.

That's awful! Poor family...Sometimes, it happens that when one thing turns badly all things seems to go wrong. Blue No

However, I'm relieved reading that things began to be more normal for them now. They are in my prayers too.

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 10:10 pm

pamh36 wrote:
Aww, I'm sorry to hear this family has yet more to deal with. What a scare! I am glad things are checking out normal so far. I will absolutely keep all of them in my prayers.

Thanks SO much Pam. I'll keep you all posted as to how Patrick's testing is going....so far everything is checking out completely normal! This sure is odd---they say that usually a 'fluke' seizure will at least be accompanied by a fever, and he didn't even have that! So strange.

bethandmanly wrote:
Oh, that's awful. I'll definitely keep them in my prayers.

Thank you Cheryl. I appreciate it, and I know they do too.

Savannah wrote:
They certainly are dealing with an enormous amount of stress and sadness right now. small plane crash... - Page 2 Kopfschuettel My prayers are with them.

Amy wrote:
I know what you mean. The same was true, on a different level, for me when I had my miscarriage. After everything is
'over' for everything else, it kind of feels like it's just beginning for yourself, and you can't quite believe that no one else can see that.
They think you should just be 'done' with the grief, because 'enough' time has gone by, when in reality you haven't even reached stage one
yet. No I totally get it. I'm going to remember about sending a 'thinking of your card', in the near future.

Sometimes the only "good" that comes out of grief that we experience is being able to understand and comfort someone else who is going through tragedy. You have such a kind heart, Amy. I'm glad that this family is blessed with a friend like you.

Aw Savannah, you are so kind to say that. Smile It means a lot coming from you. loveheart I saw them at church today.....James is having such a hard time. It's been two months now....he's really working through his grief, and church can sometimes bring everything to the forefront and can be so emotional. He totally broke down today. I wish hugs could take the pain away, you know? Sometimes it's just such a helpless feeling watching others suffer through the pain. No

Vanesa wrote:
Amy wrote:

That's awful! Poor family...Sometimes, it happens that when one thing turns badly all things seems to go wrong. Blue No

However, I'm relieved reading that things began to be more normal for them now. They are in my prayers too.

Vanesa.

Thank you Vanesa. They are a VERY strong married couple---they're very close and I know they are a great support system to each other, plus have lots of friends and family rallying around them. I hear the stress in the mom (Maureen's) voice though and I really worry about her. Not sure how much more she can take. Thanks for your prayers too.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:31 am

Just an update....Patrick (the 4 year old) had a seizure at my house on Friday. It was the scariest day of my life, I'll tell you that. That was his third seizure, and then later that night at the hospital, he had a 4th. He was admitted to the hospital for the weekend, and just had an MRI and EEG yesterday. The MRI came back normal, but the EEG has shown that there is 'something' in his brain that provokes a tendency toward seizures. He'll be starting on medication today. I just worry because I know that certain medications can cause fatigue and/or irritability in children. Some kids have no side effects...please pray that he is one of them. And if you could keep him in your prayers for the next few weeks, as he's adjusting to the medication, I'd appreciate it. I am so worried that he'll have another seizure in my care, and the thought of that is so frightening to me. I'd never experienced that before, and talk about a helpless feeling. No Savannah, I know your nephew suffers from these....what kind of medication is he on? How is he doing?

Also, please keep his parents in your prayers too....I can't even fathom how difficult this last few months have been for them. Here they are, in the midst of grief, and now have to deal with this very unexpected illness with their child. At least now they have some answers and hopefully a solution, but nonetheless it's been a very stresful time. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:09 am

Wow, I know you were so scared Amy! In the 18 yrs I kept kids I never had more than a few scratches to deal with.
For your own assurance you might want to see if you can get some training in how to deal with seizures in kids. Not sure if you told me you are CPR certifide or not.
It just helps you feel like you've done your part. I'm sure his parents know that you will be there for him though.

I will remember them in prayer...and you.

small plane crash... - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: small plane crash...   small plane crash... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

small plane crash...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next