Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fiddle Song from Country Girls & General Store Exhibit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nikzig1773
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 2

fiddle - Fiddle Song from Country Girls & General Store Exhibit Empty
PostSubject: Fiddle Song from Country Girls & General Store Exhibit   fiddle - Fiddle Song from Country Girls & General Store Exhibit EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:34 pm

I had a fan call the museum the other day looking for the title of the tune "Charles Ingalls" was playing after he lectured "Laura" about fighting in the Country Girls episode Season One. Does anyone know the name of this tune?

We are also doing a new exhibit in the museum for 2011: General Store, Bank & Post Office. Do you know of a memorable exhibit?

I am looking for digital photographs of General Store, Post Office and Bank exhibits to assist with this exhibit.

Of course I may be leaning toward more of the "Little House on the Prairie" TV series "Oleson's Store" but I am looking for fresh ideas, historically correct and of course sources to buy replica items.

Do you have any "clips" from the TV series you'd like to share with the museum or favorite episodes that really show the store in all its beauty?

This exhibit will be 90% hands-on so visitors will be able to be the store keeper, postmaster or bank teller.

Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Nicole Elzenga
Collections Manager
Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum
330 Eighth Street
Walnut Grove, MN 56180
507-859-2358 or toll-free 888-528-7298
www.walnutgrove.org
museumnicole@walnutgrove.org
The Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum is a non-profit organization working to preserve the history of Laura Ingalls Wilder and the community of Walnut Grove. The museum is supported by sales in the gift store and museum admissions.

Wilder Pageant tentative July 2011 Fridays & Saturdays Only
July 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : fiddle - Fiddle Song from Country Girls & General Store Exhibit Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Fiddle Song from Country Girls & General Store Exhibit   fiddle - Fiddle Song from Country Girls & General Store Exhibit EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:49 pm

Welcome to the forum Nicole. It's good to see you here.
Your new project sounds wonderful. I will keep thinking about this and let you know what I come up with. I am headed to a pioneer village near my home in a few weeks and maybe get some ideas for you.

fiddle - Fiddle Song from Country Girls & General Store Exhibit MarilynKeeper fiddle - Fiddle Song from Country Girls & General Store Exhibit Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : fiddle - Fiddle Song from Country Girls & General Store Exhibit Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Fiddle Song from Country Girls & General Store Exhibit   fiddle - Fiddle Song from Country Girls & General Store Exhibit EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 11:47 pm

Welcome to the board, Nicole! We are proud to have you here. I wish I could visit Walnut Grove at least once in my life. I know it will be hard, since I'm from Argentina and I currently live in Buenos Aires.

I'll keep trying too making some research in the question you've asked about the tune you could listen when Pa is lecturing Laura in "Country Girls".

Good luck in your new projects!

Vanesa. Thumbsup

fiddle - Fiddle Song from Country Girls & General Store Exhibit Vanesa10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiddle Song from Country Girls & General Store Exhibit   fiddle - Fiddle Song from Country Girls & General Store Exhibit EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:19 pm

Good luck with that.
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : fiddle - Fiddle Song from Country Girls & General Store Exhibit Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Fiddle Song from Country Girls & General Store Exhibit   fiddle - Fiddle Song from Country Girls & General Store Exhibit EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 7:02 pm

I'd like to know what the song is too. Please?

fiddle - Fiddle Song from Country Girls & General Store Exhibit Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fiddle Song from Country Girls & General Store Exhibit   fiddle - Fiddle Song from Country Girls & General Store Exhibit Empty

Back to top Go down

Fiddle Song from Country Girls & General Store Exhibit
Page 1 of 1