HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Parakeets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 1872
Mood :

PostSubject: Parakeets   Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:53 pm

Has anyone owned parakeets? I am thinking about buying two to complete the pet family. We have six pets and I hate the number six. So, since it is better to have 2 parakeets, I was thinking about doing it.

What is your experiance with them? How are they when it comes to pet/owner relationship?

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Parakeets   Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:59 pm

If you get them quite young, you can do a lot with them. They can be taught to speak, they'll sit on your finger or shoulder......they're generally pretty friendly, too....They can bite, but it's usually only when they've been aggravated or feel threatened. They can be rather messy - but all birds seem to fall into that category. They'd rather throw their seeds out of the cage and onto your floor than to have it in their cage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5178
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Parakeets   Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:51 pm

I just have ONE Australian parakeet, since her cmpanion died some months ago. She is alone, but when we put her cage at the balcony, every morning, shee seems to enjoy the visit of other birdies, specially pigeons. We uses to put a little bowl with bread crumbs and dried corn for other birds to come to our flat and have our parakeet happy.

I strongly reccommends you to have a pair of these...They are great companions. And yes, Savannah....they uses to throw their seeds rather our of the cage than to keep them inside, and they are pretty messy! greenS

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5919
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Parakeets   Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:55 pm

I had a pigeon once. Birds of all sizes are messy. Just be prepared to do some cleaning.

It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parakeets   Today at 7:31 am

Back to top Go down

Parakeets
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: