HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Any Flight Simmers/Aviation Enthusiasts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 23099
Mood :

PostSubject: Any Flight Simmers/Aviation Enthusiasts   Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:12 pm

Hey Are there any flight simmers/aviation enthusiasts here? I am both. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Any Flight Simmers/Aviation Enthusiasts   Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:48 am

huh?
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13378
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Any Flight Simmers/Aviation Enthusiasts   Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:09 am

Well, my hubby was in the Air Force, does that count? Wink

Welcome to the board! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Any Flight Simmers/Aviation Enthusiasts   Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:23 am

I wanted to be Amelia Earhart when I was a little girl. I've never been in a flight simulator, but I'd LOVE to give it a try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Number of posts : 52511
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Any Flight Simmers/Aviation Enthusiasts   Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:41 am

Welcome to the board, Alex!

My Dad was a pilot back in the old days, so I've always been interested in aviation. I'm crazy about those WWI era biplanes.

I had a flight simulator with my first computer about 15 years ago, but could never get it to work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Any Flight Simmers/Aviation Enthusiasts   Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:47 am

Rob wrote:
I'm crazy about those WWI era biplanes.

Me, too! And I've always been fascinated by the wing-walkers!

And I forgot to add earlier: Welcome to the board, Alex!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Any Flight Simmers/Aviation Enthusiasts   Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:28 pm

Thankyou everyone!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5178
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Any Flight Simmers/Aviation Enthusiasts   Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:15 am

Aviation enthusiast??? Surely, not me...I hate to fly! affraid I'm always thinking that the plane will have an accident. I know it's a sure way to travel, that those thinks "rarely" happens...But I can't help to be scared just imagining we are over the clouds and could come down in no time laugh3

The most long fly travel I did was to Europe: 12 hours inside a plane! Yikes pray 10 hours to return to Argentina! Both times, when coming down the plane I felt like this: thud Imokay I barely knew who I was!!! grinsmiley

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Any Flight Simmers/Aviation Enthusiasts   Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:54 pm

Vanesa wrote:
Aviation enthusiast??? Surely, not me...I hate to fly! affraid I'm always thinking that the plane will have an accident. I know it's a sure way to travel, that those thinks "rarely" happens...But I can't help to be scared just imagining we are over the clouds and could come down in no time laugh3

The most long fly travel I did was to Europe: 12 hours inside a plane! Yikes pray 10 hours to return to Argentina! Both times, when coming down the plane I felt like this: thud Imokay I barely knew who I was!!! grinsmiley

Vanesa.

Come one you are safer in a plane then driving a car or even crossing a road!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Number of posts : 9006
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Any Flight Simmers/Aviation Enthusiasts   Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:38 pm

Well i am for sure not a Aviation Enthusiasts lol i have only been on one Plane Ride it was in a Small 3 Passenger Plane the Pilot gaved me and my Brother In-Law a Roller Coaster Ride jumphappy

Welcome to the Board Alex

Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5178
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Any Flight Simmers/Aviation Enthusiasts   Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:20 am

alexczarn wrote:
Vanesa wrote:

Vanesa.

Come one you are safer in a plane then driving a car or even crossing a road!

I know it. People always said that, when you admits you didn't like to fly. But I think that if you have a car accident you are able to survive (not always, but it happens very often). When a plane falls, you are almost sure you will be killed! greenS

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow

Number of posts : 2649
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Any Flight Simmers/Aviation Enthusiasts   Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:52 am

I've done the Sims and a little time in a Cessna. I got to "fly" it, but of course not land or take off in it. I did get to work the radio though. Something simple I know, but I was young, so it was cool to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Any Flight Simmers/Aviation Enthusiasts   Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:36 pm

Oh and if anyone wants they can join my FS/Aviation/etc forum @ http://aussiefs.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down
View user profile
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow

Number of posts : 2649
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Any Flight Simmers/Aviation Enthusiasts   Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:53 am

alexczarn wrote:
Oh and if anyone wants they can join my FS/Aviation/etc forum @ http://aussiefs.freeforums.org/
I may just check that out Alex. I was in Civil Air Patrol as a kid, and just missed the Spaatz, plus I have a brother who's active duty USAF. It might be interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Any Flight Simmers/Aviation Enthusiasts   Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:54 pm

This IS Flight Simulator X!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Flight Simmers/Aviation Enthusiasts   Today at 1:39 pm

Back to top Go down

Any Flight Simmers/Aviation Enthusiasts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1