Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Upcoming Oprah show alert!

Go down 
+8
Lori
Rob
Julia
Teresa
Carol
bethandmanly
Amy
Misti
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 Happy010

Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:52 am

I loved it so much!!! Love
I will definitely be buying the new bluray box set!

Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 9:40 am

I loved it , too!! It does bring out a wave of emotion as you first see Julie and Christopher walk out together, and then the 7 "children" coming down the staircase later.

Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 11:07 am

Lori wrote:
I missed it! cryB

Lori, I recorded all but the first 10 minutes....if you want me to send you a disc , just PM me your address and I'll get it right out to you! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 11:08 am

Carol wrote:

I already have the anniversary disc set, but I am feeling compelled to buy the blu ray!!!! Oh, but they do know how to getcha, don't they?! Yikes
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 11:35 am

I want! lol

Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 The_sound_of_music_dvd

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 11:46 am

Lori, here are youtube videos of Oprah's show yesterday. There are 3 parts. I'm pretty sure that all 3 make up the entire show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VgEma1JGE8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMPKNVyWCCQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYBp-10WHAA

Last edited by Teresa on Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 11:50 am

OH MAN!!! The post started out here saying that the show would be Friday, the 29th and now I see it appeared yesterday the 28th.....I had told Terry's mom to watch it...and she will be looking for it today...... No

Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 Rhonda10Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 11:55 am

That's strange. As I look back, the article did say the 29th. They must have moved it up a day. I posted the youtube videos, Rhonda, so Terry's mom could watch them on youtube, on her own computer. I just typed in "The Sound of Music cast on Oprah" and if you scroll down, you'll see parts 1, 2 and 3.

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am

Amy wrote:
Misti wrote:
It is so good to see the close friendship between Julie & Christopher.

It really is, isn't it?! loveheart There is something just so special about the two of them. So often in shows, you hear about how people didn't get along or whatever, and it can totally spoil everything. Sounds like Christopher had quite the attraction to her! Love It's neat to know that they and all the kids are so tight-knit even to this day. Cool about the book the 'kids' are working on too!

I loved the show too Misti....the kids singing Edelweiss at the end, with the montage being played in the background, totally had me in tears! bawling

Yeah and it looked like Julie (and even), Chris & the "children" were getting kind of choked up too!

Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 HummerUpcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 MistiKeeperUpcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 Bookclub5Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 12:01 pm

Carol wrote:

I am curious; I have heard the term "bluray" forever but what exactly is it? Does it show a different picture quality like HDTV? I know you have to have a certain device to play it on?

Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 HummerUpcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 MistiKeeperUpcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 Bookclub5Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 12:31 pm

Misti wrote:
I am curious; I have heard the term "bluray" forever but what exactly is it? Does it show a different picture quality like HDTV? I know you have to have a certain device to play it on?

Read this: Thumbsup

Blu-ray vs. DVD

In most ways, Blu-ray is fairly similar to DVD. The players look the same, the discs look the same, and even the disc menus are similar. So why pay more?

Blu-ray brings three major improvements over DVD: better image quality, better sound quality, and more special features. All three are made possible by the larger storage capacity of Blu-ray, which is capable of storing 50GB of information on a single Blu-ray Disc, compared with DVDs, which can hold about 8GB.
What's better about Blu-ray?

Image quality: Superior resolution is a big part of what makes Blu-ray look great. In layman's terms, this means you'll see a more detailed image: more clearly defined strands of hair, wrinkles in clothing, etc. The technical difference is that Blu-ray's maximum resolution is 1,920x1,080 (1080p), while DVD is limited to 720x480 (480p). Beyond resolution, Blu-ray also uses better video-compression methods, resulting in more contrast and richer colors. If you like the way HD from your cable or satellite provider looks, Blu-ray looks even better. It's the highest-quality video format available today, and in some ways it surpasses the picture quality of your local movie theater, especially when shown on a good-performing HDTV or projector.

Audio quality: Audio quality is also improved. New high-resolution soundtrack formats, such as Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio, are essentially identical to the studio master, so you'll be hearing things exactly as the director and audio engineers intended. For more information check out the Blu-ray soundtracks section.

Special features: Blu-ray also has additional special features over DVD. The most basic innovation is the pop-up menu, which allows you to access the menu functions while the movie continues playing.

Take a look at this picture for the difference: (Click on it to see FULL size)

Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 Blu_ray_vs_dvd_screen

There is this movie called Monster House that they had playing at Costo the other day.
Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 Monster-House-Blu-ray-3D_medium
It was a blu-ray and the tv was 120 mhz... that movie looked amazing! lol

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:04 pm

My eyes are weird I guess....I don't see the difference.

Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:25 pm

Gin wrote:
My eyes are weird I guess....I don't see the difference.

Did you click on the image to view full size?

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:29 pm

That makes a BIG difference! You'll be able to see the difference now, Gin.

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 3:04 pm

Thanks for posting the show, Teresa. I had looked all over the internet trying to find the full episode and couldn't. I forgot to try youtube. Thanks for the offer, Amy, but now you won't need to send it.

Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 3:13 pm

You're welcome, Lori. I'm glad that youtube had it available so quickly. Oprah's website didn't have it available to watch.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 7:46 pm

Lori wrote:
Thanks for posting the show, Teresa. I had looked all over the internet trying to find the full episode and couldn't. I forgot to try youtube. Thanks for the offer, Amy, but now you won't need to send it.

That's great Lori....glad they had it up on youtube so soon! Did you enjoy it?

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:29 am

Thanks for posting these links because I missed the show. How wonderful to know they have a book coming out!

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 11:41 am

I am buying the blu-ray today!!! Bliss

Wish I could buy the box set but it's a little expensive rollinpin

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:02 pm

Amy wrote:
Lori wrote:

That's great Lori....glad they had it up on youtube so soon! Did you enjoy it?

Yes, I did enjoy it. I got a little choked up when the cast got choked up while the Von Trapps were singing.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 1:49 pm

Oh, I know Lori. It was SO moving!! I need a Sound of Music night, SOON!! Thumbsup

(And how about that woman who was deaf, and the first thing she'd ever heard in her life was Julie Andrews singing "The Sound of Music", and spoke of how profound that was for her. If I was Julie hearing that, I think I'd be bawling!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 12:19 pm

Another Oprah alert, for all you Teen Beat fans. greenS Today Shaun Cassidy is going to be on!!! thud Also Peter Frampton, and the Backstreet Boys (Loved them back in the day too....to the point that my sons hid my CD from me grinsmiley ). Anyway, going to get my 'Teenbeat' fix on today! Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:46 pm

Amy wrote:
Oh, I know Lori. It was SO moving!! I need a Sound of Music night, SOON!! Thumbsup

(And how about that woman who was deaf, and the first thing she'd ever heard in her life was Julie Andrews singing "The Sound of Music", and spoke of how profound that was for her. If I was Julie hearing that, I think I'd be bawling!

All those stories about how much the movie meant to people were very interesting.

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 6:09 pm

I watched most of Oprah today. I loved how the Backstreet Boys surprised that girl coming off of the airplane into O'Hare. Shaun Cassidy was cute to see with his family.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 6:17 pm

Um, are your ready for this?! I missed it! thud Ugh. Hopefully it'll be online soon.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Oprah show alert!   Upcoming Oprah show alert! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Oprah show alert!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next