Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some things I've noticed

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Some things I've noticed Happy010

Some things I've noticed Empty
PostSubject: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 5:28 pm

Some things(bloopers, etc) I've noticed while watching LHOTP-

• In "The Raccoon", where Jack and Jasper are fighting, you can see both animals are tied.-Big Blooper! mad

• The Edwards have the same house that the young couple had in "Money Crop"

• The Mumfords have the same house as the Noordstroms.

• In "Town and Country Party", Rosemary's bra is visible under her wet dress.

• A portable toilet and cars can be seen behind the train as Pa races up behind it on "The Caboose".-Big Blooper! mad

• Olga Noordstrom can be seen in the crowd watching the tug of war in "Founders Day".

Feel free to add to the list. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Some things I've noticed Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:17 am

Yes, Alex. There are lost of these "bloopers" in LHOTP, but I think that the biggest, is the one you've noticed in "The Racoon", where Jack and Jasper are fighting ...both of them tied. Ranting

As for the houses, you'll notice that the School for the Blind of Walnut Grove is just the same building where lives Amos Pike in "Haunted House" , and the same hotel-house that Laura would receive when Mrs. Flannery would die. It seems that whenever they needed a big, important house, they will pick this one. Huh? The great blooper is that they distroyed it TWICE, when the fire caught it , and when Laura and Almanzo blow it up in "The Last Farewell". Whistle

Vanesa.

Some things I've noticed Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Some things I've noticed Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 9:36 pm

There is a blooper picture of Almanzo coming out of the mercantile and in the reflection of it's windows you can see a modern day car.
Reading through the bloopers is fun. No one is perfect, even television executives, lol.

Some things I've noticed MarilynKeeper Some things I've noticed Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:04 pm

LIWnut wrote:
There is a blooper picture of Almanzo coming out of the mercantile and in the reflection of it's windows you can see a modern day car.
Reading through the bloopers is fun. No one is perfect, even television executives, lol.

I've seen that pic!
Also you can add to the blooper list too. Wink
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:43 pm

Another thing, for some reason, Laura and Mary seem to grow a lot between "Country Girls" and "Town and Country Party".

The lighting changes a lot between scenes near the end of "Founder's Day" Ranting
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 12:00 am

The children grews up pretty fast when they are little, Alex. Maybe is for that cause that you've noticed a so big change in Mary and Laura when "Town and Country Party" was aired. Smile

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 5:36 pm

Another thing,
The shots of some couples kissing before they were engaged, isn't that a bit out of character for the time?
Laura and Almonzo only kissed after they were engaged(in Those Happy Golden Years).

Some things I've noticed Alexke11
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Near the end of Circus Man, Laura's pigtails keep reversing. It's the scene where O'Hara is standing in the door, which I think is after he comes back after being asked to leave. When Laura is facing the camera, her left pigtail is hanging in front of her while her right pigtail is on her back. When the camera is on O'Hara, Laura's pigtails are reversed -- left pigtail on her back and right pigtail in front of her. It could be the other way around, but that's the way I remember it. I'm sure they filmed all of the parts of the scene with Laura facing the camera first and then all of the parts of the scene with O'Hara facing the camera (or maybe the other way around).

Some things I've noticed JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:01 pm

Um another thing, in several scenes, eg when the girls are walking into the school for the first time(in Country Girls), also where she catches the eggs and breaks them(Pride of Walnut Grove) Melissa Gilbert looks like she's trying very hard not to laugh! Laughing
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Some things I've noticed Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 8:46 pm

In the episode where an Indian grandfather is injured and recouperating in the soddy at the Ingalls farm, there is a scene where they are all in the wagon and trying to get back to their people. It looks like the wagon is really going fast because it is bouncing everywhere. But during one split second, you can see a hand shaking the wagon cover.
(Sorry, I forget the name of the eppie and haven't watched it recently so the story may be off, but the hand is there.)

Some things I've noticed MarilynKeeper Some things I've noticed Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 9:44 pm

In "Mr Edward's Homecoming", Grace Snider is stamping the letters but there is no ink on the stamp because it doesn't show on the letters. scratchead

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 11:39 pm

LIWnut wrote:
In the episode where an Indian grandfather is injured and recouperating in the soddy at the Ingalls farm, there is a scene where they are all in the wagon and trying to get back to their people. It looks like the wagon is really going fast because it is bouncing everywhere. But during one split second, you can see a hand shaking the wagon cover.
(Sorry, I forget the name of the eppie and haven't watched it recently so the story may be off, but the hand is there.)

I think the epie's name is "Freedom Flight".

And, my! I didn't notice they were shaking the wagon! I must watch this one again! greenS

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: I hate...   Some things I've noticed EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 5:21 am

I HATE!!...

...that the writers had to write so many tragedies into Mary's life! Ranting
Having an engagement break up, losing 2 babies, one through a a miscarriage, the other when the Blind School burns down(that is another one). And portraying Mary as being bitter in life!(that is totally against the LHOTP books) Ranting
I don't blame Melissa Sue Anderson if she got sick of the later seasons... :(

I feel like panning the writers! Frying pan

Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:32 pm

And let's not forget -- Mary gets kicked by a horse and has to have a risky operation, goes blind, and feels left out when Adam regains his sight, becomes a lawyer, and makes new friends.

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:37 pm

jes9 wrote:
And let's not forget -- Mary gets kicked by a horse and has to have a risky operation, goes blind, and feels left out when Adam regains his sight, becomes a lawyer, and makes new friends.

Only Mary becoming blind should be in IMO, because that really happened. I have no problem with that but with the other "tragedies".

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:24 am

Yes. I have no problem with adding some fiction to historic shows, but not to the point of changing the spirit of the real story. The fact of Mary being bitter and almost going crazy (like the moment she lost her baby in the fire) goes againts the spirit of the books her sister wrote. And then...why sio many tragedies? She had enough with loosing her sight. banghead

Besides, as you've noticed, she experiences a lot of problems even before of becoming blind..when she brokes with John Jr. it was really heartbreaking!

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 1:06 am

Vanesa wrote:
Yes. I have no problem with adding some fiction to historic shows, but not to the point of changing the spirit of the real story. The fact of Mary being bitter and almost going crazy (like the moment she lost her baby in the fire) goes againts the spirit of the books her sister wrote. And then...why sio many tragedies? She had enough with loosing her sight. banghead

Besides, as you've noticed, she experiences a lot of problems even before of becoming blind..when she brokes with John Jr. it was really heartbreaking!

Vanesa.

I don't mind if they add a bit of fiction either, as long as they don't corrupt the storyline a lot like as with Mary...IMO I have no problem with having Adam Kendall in the storyline but that's about all the added Mary bits I approve of. soapbox

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 3:31 pm

Has anyone else noticed that Mr Pike's house appears to be the same as Widow Thurmons?

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 12:06 am

Yes, of course...It seems that there was only ONE big house in Walnut Grove... HeeHee

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 1:05 am

And it managed to be owned by many people and destroyed and then miraculously put back together again numerous times.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 9:38 pm

Laura looks completely different with her hair down, like in "The Gift".

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 12:01 am

Yes. She looked much, but much prettier with her hair down. However, she looks more spunky with her eternal pigtails. Wink

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 3:09 am

This is really funny! In Ma's Holiday, when Mr Edwards is telling his "Sitting Bull" story, Laura is so engrossed in the story, when she reaches to pick a bean out of the dish with her hand, she actually puts her hand in her milk cup! Laughing

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 5:02 pm

If anyone's noticed, Laura and Mary swap sides of the bed after the 1st episode.
In Harvest of Friends Mary is on the left, and Laura's on the right.
Thereafter, Laura is on the left and Mary on the right, for the rest of season 1 and season 2.(not sure about the other seasons because I haven't seen them greenS )

Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 5:57 pm

Quote :
If anyone's noticed, Laura and Mary swap sides of the bed after the 1st episode.
In Harvest of Friends Mary is on the left, and Laura's on the right.
Thereafter, Laura is on the left and Mary on the right, for the rest of season 1 and season 2.(not sure about the other seasons because I haven't seen them )

That's the way it is for seasons 3 and 4 (Mary next to the window). There's one episode where Mary and Laura switch sides and then switch back, I think because Mary wanted to keep the lamp on to study. Laura woke up the next morning and came down to breakfast in a bad mood. Charles asked her if she got up on the wrong side of the bed, and Laura replied, "No, we switched back."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some things I've noticed   Some things I've noticed Empty

Back to top Go down

Some things I've noticed
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next