HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  
Share | 

Little House Porcelain Dolls

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler

Number of posts: 837
Mood:

PostSubject: Little House Porcelain Dolls   Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:32 pm

Does anyone remember these?

I personally have them all but Almanzo. My grandmother bought them for me. And she would use every holiday that passed by as an excuse to give me one. I really don't know why, but the only one that I didn't get was Almanzo. Does anyone know where I might be able to find one at a cheaper price? The original box is of no interest to me. I am not that picky.

Also, what is this?

Is this supposed to be Willie, do you think? When I was looking this up, they said this picture was of Nellie. No. It is clearly NOT the Nellie doll!! I have her, anyway. But was there a Willie? I never knew if there was one. Then I need him, too!

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Number of posts: 4815
Mood:

PostSubject: Re: Little House Porcelain Dolls   Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:54 pm

It looks like Albert or Willie, more like Willie. It's so cute!

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts: 5776
Mood:

PostSubject: Re: Little House Porcelain Dolls   Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:49 pm

Well, Rhonda is the one to ask. She has them all, given by her Aunt. SO, Maybe she could tell you. Good luck.

It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts: 5201
Mood:

PostSubject: Re: Little House Porcelain Dolls   Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:44 am

I don't think there was an "Albert" doll, since Albert was a made up character for the show and never existed in real life. I've always believed that the Ingalls dolls were about the REAL characters on the books, not on the TV series.

Maybe this doll represents Willie Olseon, since Willie IS a character on the books...But I'm sure he is NOT Johnny Johnson! HeeHee

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6

Number of posts: 2419
Mood:

PostSubject: Re: Little House Porcelain Dolls   Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:06 pm

There was no Albert or Willie doll. This doll is not a little house Ashton Drake. I have all of the dolls. In fact, I have doubles of a few of them, but not Almanzo. I have 2 Carolines, 2 Marys, 2 Carries. I did have 2 of Nellie, Laura and Almanzo but I sold them. Here is a pic of my LHOP Ashton Drake dolls.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts: 23116
Mood:

PostSubject: Re: Little House Porcelain Dolls   Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:09 pm

They look good!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aussiefs.freeforums.org/
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts: 5201
Mood:

PostSubject: Re: Little House Porcelain Dolls   Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:01 am

They are just beatiful! I like very much the Caroline and Nellie's ones, but Laura is beatiful too.

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts: 18567
Mood:

PostSubject: Re: Little House Porcelain Dolls   Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:10 pm

I LOVE THESE DOLLS!!!! I just got mine placed in a cabinet for show......I have the books, postcards and pictures from Rocky Ridge and some LH ornaments that Gin got me one Christmas scattered throughout with the dolls........I took pictures of them, but not able to download them here at the library.......But, as Marilyn mentioned, there is only Pa, Ma, Mary, Laura, Carrie, Grace, Almanzo and Nellie....... Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Number of posts: 4815
Mood:

PostSubject: Re: Little House Porcelain Dolls   Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:17 pm

Aww, they are so cool!

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler

Number of posts: 837
Mood:

PostSubject: Re: Little House Porcelain Dolls   Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:32 pm

LIWnut wrote:
There was no Albert or Willie doll. This doll is not a little house Ashton Drake. I have all of the dolls. In fact, I have doubles of a few of them, but not Almanzo. I have 2 Carolines, 2 Marys, 2 Carries. I did have 2 of Nellie, Laura and Almanzo but I sold them. Here is a pic of my LHOP Ashton Drake dolls.

Oh, if ONLY you had waited a little longer and then I could've bought the Almanzo from you!!! cryB Smile
No, I KNEW there wasn't a Willie, but that kind of threw me off because they listed it with the rest of them (as Nellie, of course, though greenS ) and I just wanted to be sure in case I actually did miss one (other than Almanzo), which I didn't think I did. I do remember saying, though, that I couldn't understand why they didn't make a Willie doll. That would've been so cute to have the two of them together. And I suppose, even though I knew the truth, there was hope in me that made me think that there was a chance this could've been Willie. greenS

Rhonda wrote:
I LOVE THESE DOLLS!!!! I just got mine placed in a cabinet for show......I have the books, postcards and pictures from Rocky Ridge and some LH ornaments that Gin got me one Christmas scattered throughout with the dolls........I took pictures of them, but not able to download them here at the library.......But, as Marilyn mentioned, there is only Pa, Ma, Mary, Laura, Carrie, Grace, Almanzo and Nellie....... Thumbsup
Well, I put mine away for now. I have a book shelf devoted to my LH books (I have so many that they need a shelf of their own Smile ). So, I had the dolls sitting on top of the shelf. I had to put them away because there was work being done on the house. I put them in the basment in what I think is a secure place. Then there was a ton of plumbing work that needed to be done. And those men were all over down there. I haven't gotten the courage to go down there and see if all of my dolls are alright, though (I have some other non-LH dolls, too). I am a little worried to see if any got broken. Too bad that you couldn't get the pictures downloaded onto here. I still haven't really straightened up enough to bring the dolls back out, but when I do, I suppose I could take a picture when I have everything all organized again. I have just had too many other things going on that I haven't cared lately to really bother making things look nice again.

By the way, don't you just LOVE Nellie's doll?? greenS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts: 18567
Mood:

PostSubject: Re: Little House Porcelain Dolls   Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:58 pm

MissOleson wrote:

YES!!! I can just hear her telling anyone and everyone that will listen, "My Mother bought this for me and she came all the way from Paris....." batEyes

Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts: 23116
Mood:

PostSubject: Re: Little House Porcelain Dolls   Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:38 pm

Rhonda wrote:
MissOleson wrote:

YES!!! I can just hear her telling anyone and everyone that will listen, "My Mother bought this for me and she came all the way from Paris....." batEyes

Ha HAa Rhonda that is so funny! Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aussiefs.freeforums.org/
tresiemay
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts: 7
Mood:

PostSubject: Re: Little House Porcelain Dolls   Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:24 pm

fmyao too funny rhonda laugh3
Back to top Go down
View user profile