HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

You Never Know Who You'll See at Church

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:48 pm

You will only know who this is if you are a Red Wings fan or a big hockey fan, but Kirk Maltby was at our church today for his children's baptism (the kids were not too happy about this at all Laughing ). I never even knew they attended our church, but my mother-in-law noticed their name in the church bulletin with the baptism announcement and the pastor confirmed it was him. Kelsey was acolyting for the service, so she was up at the alter.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Number of posts : 52513
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:36 pm

Very cool, Pam! So I guess today's service had a Wing and a prayer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva

Number of posts : 7230
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:02 pm

Rob wrote:

Rob, that was so bad. BatHit

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 23099
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:26 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Rob wrote:

Rob, that was so bad. BatHit

"I wonder at the Reverend Rob saying such a thing. It seems almost sacrilegious."

batEyes

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Number of posts : 52513
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:58 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5178
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:52 pm

Yes...Church uses to be a box of surprises. I uses to see some famous people among the people there. Well, famous people goes to church too! greenS

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:33 am

Rob wrote:

Why yes, Rob, a Red Wing was there, and we did pray. HeeHee

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13379
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:20 pm

Rob! Laughing Pam, that must have been pretty shocking!! OhMy Very cool! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:28 pm

Amy wrote:
Rob! Laughing Pam, that must have been pretty shocking!! OhMy Very cool! Thumbsup

It was a surprise. I have to say, I wouldn't have even known though because I'm not a big hockey person myself, but my mother-in-law noticed the name.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13379
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:23 pm

How can you live in the Detroit area and not be a 'big hockey person'?! grinsmiley

But nope, I wouldn't have known either. Now, MSU hockey---that's another story. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6

Number of posts : 2529
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:43 pm

When I was growing up there was a boy a few years younger than I who attended our Sunday School. I remember him because he had a different name, it was Curtis. One winter Saturday we had a family winter fun day at the farm of one of our parishinor families. They had a pond and the boys, along with my mother, were out there playing hockey. Curtis was the goalkeeper and he was really good at it.
Curtis really didn't attend SS very long but I always remembered his name. We were cleaning the storage room out many years later and found some of his artwork with his name on it, Curtis Joseph.
Curtis grew up and played in the NHL. I'm not sure where he started but he did play for the Toronto Maple Leafs for quite awhile. My mom was always proud to say that she had shot the puck on him when he was little.
After leaving the Leafs he played with the Calgary Flames and then retired. He has always lived in our area, in the town that I work in. This summer my co-worker noticed him in our drive-thru coffee line. He has visited us at work many times and we asked for his autograph. He came back the next time with a stack of cards and I told him about my mom shooting agains thim when he was little. My mom is 81 and is still playing hockey. I think he was amazed at her and he signed one of his cards for her

Back to top Go down
View user profile
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:53 am

That is a really neat story, Marilyn.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   Today at 9:10 pm

Back to top Go down

You Never Know Who You'll See at Church
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1