Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

You Never Know Who You'll See at Church

Go down 
+3
bethandmanly
Rob
pamh36
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

You Never Know Who You'll See at Church Empty
PostSubject: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   You Never Know Who You'll See at Church EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:48 pm

You will only know who this is if you are a Red Wings fan or a big hockey fan, but Kirk Maltby was at our church today for his children's baptism (the kids were not too happy about this at all Laughing ). I never even knew they attended our church, but my mother-in-law noticed their name in the church bulletin with the baptism announcement and the pastor confirmed it was him. Kelsey was acolyting for the service, so she was up at the alter.

You Never Know Who You'll See at Church PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62610
Mood : You Never Know Who You'll See at Church Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   You Never Know Who You'll See at Church EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:36 pm

Very cool, Pam! So I guess today's service had a Wing and a prayer. You Never Know Who You'll See at Church 68167
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : You Never Know Who You'll See at Church Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   You Never Know Who You'll See at Church EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:02 pm

Rob wrote:
Very cool, Pam! So I guess today's service had a Wing and a prayer. You Never Know Who You'll See at Church 68167

Rob, that was so bad. BatHit

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : You Never Know Who You'll See at Church Happy010

PostSubject: Re: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   You Never Know Who You'll See at Church EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:26 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Rob wrote:

Rob, that was so bad. BatHit

"I wonder at the Reverend Rob saying such a thing. It seems almost sacrilegious."

batEyes

You Never Know Who You'll See at Church Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62610
Mood : You Never Know Who You'll See at Church Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   You Never Know Who You'll See at Church EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:58 pm

You Never Know Who You'll See at Church 702150
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : You Never Know Who You'll See at Church Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   You Never Know Who You'll See at Church EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 11:52 pm

Yes...Church uses to be a box of surprises. I uses to see some famous people among the people there. Well, famous people goes to church too! greenS

Vanesa.

You Never Know Who You'll See at Church Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   You Never Know Who You'll See at Church EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:33 am

Rob wrote:

Why yes, Rob, a Red Wing was there, and we did pray. HeeHee

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : You Never Know Who You'll See at Church Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   You Never Know Who You'll See at Church EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 12:20 pm

Rob! Laughing Pam, that must have been pretty shocking!! OhMy Very cool! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   You Never Know Who You'll See at Church EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 5:28 pm

Amy wrote:
Rob! Laughing Pam, that must have been pretty shocking!! OhMy Very cool! Thumbsup

It was a surprise. I have to say, I wouldn't have even known though because I'm not a big hockey person myself, but my mother-in-law noticed the name.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : You Never Know Who You'll See at Church Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   You Never Know Who You'll See at Church EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 6:23 pm

How can you live in the Detroit area and not be a 'big hockey person'?! grinsmiley

But nope, I wouldn't have known either. Now, MSU hockey---that's another story. Wink
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : You Never Know Who You'll See at Church Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   You Never Know Who You'll See at Church EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 6:43 pm

When I was growing up there was a boy a few years younger than I who attended our Sunday School. I remember him because he had a different name, it was Curtis. One winter Saturday we had a family winter fun day at the farm of one of our parishinor families. They had a pond and the boys, along with my mother, were out there playing hockey. Curtis was the goalkeeper and he was really good at it.
Curtis really didn't attend SS very long but I always remembered his name. We were cleaning the storage room out many years later and found some of his artwork with his name on it, Curtis Joseph.
Curtis grew up and played in the NHL. I'm not sure where he started but he did play for the Toronto Maple Leafs for quite awhile. My mom was always proud to say that she had shot the puck on him when he was little.
After leaving the Leafs he played with the Calgary Flames and then retired. He has always lived in our area, in the town that I work in. This summer my co-worker noticed him in our drive-thru coffee line. He has visited us at work many times and we asked for his autograph. He came back the next time with a stack of cards and I told him about my mom shooting agains thim when he was little. My mom is 81 and is still playing hockey. I think he was amazed at her and he signed one of his cards for her

You Never Know Who You'll See at Church MarilynKeeper You Never Know Who You'll See at Church Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   You Never Know Who You'll See at Church EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 6:53 am

That is a really neat story, Marilyn.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Never Know Who You'll See at Church   You Never Know Who You'll See at Church Empty

Back to top Go down

You Never Know Who You'll See at Church
Page 1 of 1